The Official Funny Things Thread!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Why does anyone live there? Is the weather (minus the floods, fires and earthquakes) really THAT good???

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean, realistically.. a lot of people never leave where they grow up, so a lot of people just think of CA as home. It's been this way pretty much for a long time.. so it's more of a slowly boiling pot I suppose. People are escaping at record rates though, so I feel like we may be getting to a tipping point soon.

The weather is VERY nice in a lot of areas. Low of 50, high of 100, usually around 75 and sunny at any point during the year. You can drive to surf, sand, snow within a couple hours most times of the year. You can make a LOT of money here. Things COST a lot too, but if you've grown up here, have a family house/etc it's clearly not completely unaffordable. There are also cheap areas of CA.. but they're not very nice at all.

Being close to Hollywood is also a draw for some people I would assume. If your goal is to 'make it big' your chances are better here than anywhere else, as with anything else in life, it's usually WHO you know not what you know.

Floods aren't a huge thing thanks to no rain, fires suck, but they don't happen where most people live, and earthquakes are so few and far between I don't even think they should really be considered. Sure, a big one could come and fuck shit up.. but the last one I recall doing anything like that was Northridge in.. 1994? 26 years ago! Hurricanes and tornadoes are a yearly affair, so I'd be more afeared of those personally.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Sorry, I should have written mudslides. Got floods on the mind from all the issues down south with the tropical storms. But, in all seriousness, CA was a paradise (except for the looming threat of the big one) until it was wrecked by progressive leadership. Fortunately, for now at least, there are a number of very nice destinations willing to accept CA refugees, as long as they leave their politics behind.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Sorry, I should have written mudslides. Got floods on the mind from all the issues down south with the tropical storms. But, in all seriousness, CA was a paradise (except for the looming threat of the big one) until it was wrecked by progressive leadership. Fortunately, for now at least, there are a number of very nice destinations willing to accept CA refugees, as long as they leave their politics behind.
Emphasis mine. That's a key point. For decades we've had yankees trickle into our rural county, usually what we call "half-backs", i.e. people from New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan, etc who escape to Florida and find all that hot sticky weather and hurricanes not to their liking. So they move here, i.e. halfway back north, for four seasons and lake property.

This is not a problem. We're the welcoming types. But they arrive at the same time they're retired, bored, and suddenly have lots of free time. Thus they become active in the community and immediately try to change things, starting every sentence with, "Well, back in ______, THIS is how we did it." Let me tell you, nothing curdles the blood of locals more than being lectured to by people who want to change OUR place into the 'utopia' the noobs just escaped from.

And I could see the same being true for people bringing blue-state politics to some calm, live-and-let-live locale. It would not be received well.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That’s what happened to Seattle. It was pretty Red when we got their in ‘80, but we were just the tip of the spear of California transplants and they definitely brought their politics with them.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Here's a palate cleanser... :ROFLMAO:

"Here at Fisher-Price, we are steadfastly committed to social justice," said toy designer Camden Flufferton. "We need to teach our kids what democracy looks like, and there's no better example of democracy in action than violent vandalism and arson. We hope this new playset will serve as an inspiration for parents wanting to teach their kids how to threaten citizens with violence whenever their demands are not met."

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
This one's for NSA ...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
He's not wrong (filthy lawyer), but c'mon. The Marion thing surprised me the most. I thought (probably from the smoker voice) she was at least 30. Even as a kid, I imagined smelling stale cigarettes every time she talked.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, it'd be very different if they had said "I was 15!" instead of "I was a child!" There are plenty of 18 year olds that are most definitely still children and make stupid decisions (like banging their teachers/professors).

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Real life age "10 years ago" would have made the actors like 19/20 and 27/28 I think, so nothing super egregious.

15 and 25 is a bit.. problematic lol but in the 1930s? Who knows.. also since they were apparently doing archeology digs during this time.. who knows the laws wherever they were! Technically, it just says they had a relationship, maybe it was non-sexual :sneaky:

15 and 25 is legal in CA now anyway :cautious:

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It's okay now because...
1602076103280.png
I think he might actually stand a chance against a Xeno... Maybe a tag team with Chuck Norris. :p

My wife told me this one: So Trump gets Covid and develops the antibodies. The antibodies are extracted from his blood, cloned and used in the vaccine. Would the TDS sufferers still demand that everyone takes the vaccine??? :laugh:

Tiger blood, baby!!!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That translates really well to metal. I would have never thought...

"Who set up my guitar?" :laugh: