The Official Funny Things Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Hahahahahahaha...

Progressive Utopia: Man Eats Pancakes With Ethnically Neutral Syrup And Generic, Non-Native-American-Related Butter While Watching Washington Football Team Play

"Man, (and womxn!), this is the life!" said Bxrnx before saying a quick prayer of lament to the Earth for robbing her of her bounty and sitting down to eat. As he dug in, his menstruating life partner read a children's book consisting entirely of the letter "X" to his agender offspring, as the family recently burned all their Dr. Seuss books. His older agender offspring sat in a nearby room playing with a gender-neutral potato head.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Lol, never look too closely. You’ll only be underwhelmed, especially with high def versions of stuff made long ago.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
BB's on fire today (and apparently so is Sesame Street :p):

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's pretty funny. It follows the old comic almost panel for panel.

I know that was a ton of work too. Stop motion is brutal. He had good camera angles, creative sets and lighting, classic joe music. And choosing a vintage wordless plot avoided the pitfall of mediocre voice-acting. Lots to like here. However, the mix of ARAH and 25th figures was odd, and his camera wasn't able to focus on most of the upclose shots. He'd have been better off zooming out, focusing, and then zooming back in tight during post, as 99% of cameras take pics at vastly higher res than video anyway. There's lots of room to crop.

But those are nitpics. I have visions of doing my own Joe stop motion eventually. Haven't decided if I'm going old school 3.75", classified 6", mega-scale, or something hybrid depending on the scene/shot. (I know that sounds hypocritical since I just criticized him for using two different generations of 4" figures, but I wouldn't be mixing the two in the same shot.) But I'll probably wait until the kids have left for college and I have far too much time on my hands.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It was cute, but I think it was either done by kids or was some kind of an attempt at Robot Chicken level cheese. And, as Nacho pointed out, the use of new and old (and everything in between) figures was distracting, as was the use of duct tape for everything. I don't want to be overly critical though. It was fun for what it was, and a reasonably good tribute to the comic.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
There is a making of video on the channel (I have not watched it.)

I have dream of getting back to stop motion.

Pruneface A Star Wars musical. (Think every song for Hamilton.)
Emporer's song You'll be back
It Must be nice to have Ackbar on your side.
"Dying is easy Pruneface Its livin that's hard!"

Welcome to the DS1, (Horror movie were everyone who sees Boo-17 dies.)
Endor: The story of why the Camo troops were not deployed (middle managers not approving the uniform change & the chaos that followed.) (We had 6 months to plan this! Why didn't we use bulldozers to make roads?)

Basically playing with toys but reflecting whatever adult things I have to do.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
1617473124284.png

BYRON, MN—Local husband Brendan Matthews called the Wife Supremacy Hotline early this morning to submit a complaint about his wife Cindy.

Matthews claimed that his wife, who he has suspected of wife supremacy for over a year now, was taking up about three-quarters of the bed, and had been doing so since the couple first laid down at 10 p.m.

“He told me his wife was laying on her back with her arms and legs spread out, kind of like she was making a snow angel,” a Wife Supremacy Hotline operator reported. “We knew right away that this was wife supremacy.”

Matthews had a few more complaints for the operator, so he just let it all out at four in the morning.

“I always knew she was a wife supremacist,” Matthews complained. “She’s always making me get the door for her; it’s always her that decides which pictures we hang up in ANY room in the house; and when we go on dates, guess who’s the driver? ME! Yup, because I’m just a poor little man who only knows how to drive a car and drill holes in the wall.”

"She is literally colonizing my existence," he said, breaking down in tears.

Woman Taking Up Three-Quarters Of Bed In Obvious Case Of Wife Supremacy