The Official Introduction Thread!

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Sweet! Welcome! Sorta!

And here in California we call it PE as well, never heard of PhysEd.
I stay in Cali every summer, just outside LA and they'd never heard of PE, I got funny looks when I say I teach PE so I was like Physical Education and they all were like "ahh yeah PhysEd". Go figure.

GIMark

Enlisted
May 13, 2013
Who?: Mark aka GIMark

What?: More of a customizer than a collector, I NEED to open!

When?: 38, and just got abck into Joes about a year ago

Why?: World War Hulk was my first figure purchase in years, that lead me to MU which in turn lead me to customs which finally lead me back to Joes

Where?: Somerville, MA The first place the American flag was raised

GIMark

Enlisted
May 13, 2013
I really have only ever collected 1 comic series and it is Hulk, after that Arc I just ahd to get him, funny how dominos work! Thanks glad to be here, love what I have seen so far!

WWHulk is an awesome figure...so awesome that I bought him not knowing a thing aout the character...he just looks so cool!

And welcome Mark!

Jun 12, 2013
hi guys first time posting here.

Who?: nathaniel barrera / nath_1977

What?: im an architect by profession/3d graphic visualization officer, gundam enthusiast, rc fan, hobbyist and figure/vehicle customizer.

When?: 36

Why?: i just enjoy what i do and what i can do.

Where?: Manila, Philippines.

The How: im a married man, no kids yet. Customizing is my sideline/outlet, also my other source of income. I like this hobby, im not into collecting more of a modeller. I recently plunged into customizing figure but im more into vehicles. Just dropped by to learn and share. Nice work here guys!

salamat po.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Welcome, Nath! Hopefully it won't take you long to adjust to our... *unique* brand of humour here. :)

There are a couple of other Filipinos on here - ScruffyRonin is one, and I'm the other (although I'm technically Australian, for all intents and purposes). :D

Who?
Remco in the boring world. Mr. Black (formerly Incom) in the exciting universe.

What?
Dad, metal head, motorsports fan, payroll advisor , customizer, guitar player at home, Star Wars fanboy.

When?

Why?
Because in ’83 I told my mom Lando Calrissian was a janitor in a palace and that stick he held was a futuristic laser broom. And on customizing: because Hasbro waited too long before making the Galactic Marine.

Where?
Eastern part of the Netherlands. Yes I’m Dutch, “eeshn’t dat weerdâ€￾?

How?
A tutorial by The Willoughbian, linked on another forum.

*Interest piqued*

Like what?
Like a lot: Sepultura, Fear Factory, Slayer, Slipknot, Slayer, Emmure, Avenged Sevenfold, Heaven Shall Burn, In Hearts Wake, Biohazard, Megadeth, Devin Townsend, Amon Amarth, Opeth, Soulfly, Epica, Down, Machine Head, Miss May I, White Chapel, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Divine Heresy, Confession, Black Tongue, Infant Annhiliator, Generation Kill, Mnemic, All That Remains, Pantera, Nailbomb, Type O' Negative, Nightwish, Parkway Drive, Black Label Society, White/Rob Zombie, The Monolith Deathcult, Static-X, Killswitch Engage, Veil of Maya, Iron Maiden, NIN, Ministry, As I Lay Dying, Gojira, Body Count, Trivium, Cavalera Conspiracy, The Haunted, Orphanage, Devildriver, Helmet, Deicide, Tool....

:)

Dark Perceptor

Habitual Escapist
Sep 24, 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
WHO? Dark Perceptor, duh... (oh, my real name? It's Lee.)

WHAT? Collector, gamer, drinker, toker, part-time customizer...

WHEN? The 18th 14th birthday. Wait, what?

WHY? Because I can, and because it keeps me out of trouble. Well, except for financial trouble.

WHERE? This current location of time and space. Not good enough? Even better.

HOW? The Syndicate's secret plan of Internet domination. Crap, now you know too much.

pluv

JoeCustoms Owner
Oct 1, 2013
Washington DC
www.joecustoms.com
Who?: John

What?: 1/18th action figure collector, mostly GI Joe but I dabble in Star Wars and Marvel.

When?: 1982, Ames department store. That's when i went form playing with my brothers Star Wars toys to owning a GI Joe Rock n Roll figure of my own.

Why?: Whether its guns, computers, video games, or beer, every guy has his addictions. Mine comes in 3 3/4" plastic form.

Where?: Washington DC

The How: Discussion about the East Coast Custom Con brought me here. Blame daremo and Dark Wynter

Thank you Monkeywrench, I really appreciate it for this link.

I'm Deslock, from the DSA, also known as the Darksidealliance.
I found this site due my search for 1/18th scale equipment for a project I'm working on for my gaming Clan brethren, and I have to honestly say that this is truly an amazing website, and I'm astonished by the level of commitment, work, and talent of the members here.

You guys make toy geeks everywhere beyond proud.

I truly look forward to meeting everyone here.

Such amazing work in this niche field.

I can't wait to meet you all.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thank you Monkeywrench, I really appreciate it for this link.

I'm Deslock, from the DSA, also known as the Darksidealliance.
I found this site due my search for 1/18th scale equipment for a project I'm working on for my gaming Clan brethren, and I have to honestly say that this is truly an amazing website, and I'm astonished by the level of commitment, work, and talent of the members here.

You guys make toy geeks everywhere beyond proud.

I truly look forward to meeting everyone here.

Such amazing work in this niche field.

I can't wait to meet you all.
Welcome to the 118th bro!

Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Just noticed this thread. So if its not a problem..put my "Five W's and an H" over here :animal: (I really love this emoticon)))

Who?: Kund aka HUNMARINE

What?: Financier, collector, customizer, gamer sometimes musician and phylosopher.

When?: I'm 25. Like in a big book - my life just starts to get harder)))

Why?: Well...I always loved (and still) 3 type of toys: toy soldiers and little machines/autos and building bricks/models). I collected a lot but my 3 greatest brands always was G.I.Joe, Lego and Matchbox. After a several year of collecting and playing...there was a gap when the only brands I could achive was Maisto, Bburago and CahpMei.
My first G.I.Joe was the chinese version of tiger force Flint with Falcons head (his joints are very loose by now, but I still have him). I don't remember how old I was...but my older brother bought him for me at some of the gas stations)).
So..for nearly 10 years I've never seen any G.I.Joes....

Nearly 2-3 years back..my best and only friend showed me that he can buy stuff from USA. I was intrigued and started to check the internet for different stuff..and one of them was G.I.Joe.
But for the first..I've tried to buy OURWAR modern figs from BBTS...but they didn't have them...so I choosed the POC/30th Maradeurs 7 pack. This was my new start. And through time to time I try to expand my collection as much as I can.

Where?: I have 2 destinations for now.
Moscow, capital of Russia. and my home: Dabas, Hungary

The How: When I first tried to find some news and info about the G.I.Joe's I found a lot of great web-sites. I was checking them for years without registration. But when I started to customize and do different things for my Joe forces...I decided that its time to register and show people myself =)
So here I am. :animal:

Thank you all for the kind welcome. I lurked here a bit before joining.
And I was amazed as a former commercial artist at the level of hard work, creativity, and the utter talent of some of the people here.

And as at the DSA, the sense of humor you all have. This is certainly not the "normal" toy geek site, and I love it. :thumbsup:

I started by wanting to make a skit based series for my gaming Clan primarily using the "Power Team Elite" and Star Wars figs. Our Clan has a lot of Star Wars geeks and military veterans, and since I'm both as well, I wanted to make something fun for everyone there by making toy skits for them.

So I did a search and found this site, looking for accessories.
And I'm glad I found this site. Like Holloweenforum.com, you guys here have an astounding wealth of talent, info, and advice.

I don't know who exactly founded this site, but whomever it was... THANK YOU!!!. It is an absolute gold mine of info and talent !.

This site has been a Godsend for my toy projects.

Thank you all sooo much ! :D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't know who exactly founded this site, but whomever it was... THANK YOU!!!. It is an absolute gold mine of info and talent !.
I don't mean to toot my own horn but... :trollface:

There were others involved.. I think.. hard to remember anything past my own magnanimousness.. but still.. :pirate:

We're a completely member funded site, no ads or sponsors or any of that nonsense. We exist solely for our members (and ourselves I guess!).

We're made up of hobby enthusiasts, but there are a good number of current and former service members as well.

Glad you're getting some use out of the site!

And Video Viper, being a fan of both the Galactic Empire, and an eternal fan of Cobra since the 80's, I adore your personal G.I. Joe card back file in your siggy. Very few things online make me laugh, but yours is priceless.

Being a Stormtrooper/Tiepilot in the 501st. is awesome, but I've always wanted a true Cobra costume like in Cobracares.com

Now can someone please tell me why in the holy Hell are the PTE jets and sets sooo damn expensive ? The prices on Ebay and Amazon are just insane !.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Now can someone please tell me why in the holy Hell are the PTE jets and sets sooo damn expensive ? The prices on Ebay and Amazon are just insane !.
If you want the Toy R us version, they are restocking the F22 (in green)

PTE jets haven''t been in the Big Lots Christmas section in 3 years, (So they are due, since they re-release the same stuff constantly, but we say that every year)

Mar 20, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Who?: Justin, or just Jay, because I hate being called Jason.

What?: GIS Analyst, Sys Admin/NOC Tech, writer (nothing done professionally... yet)

When?: 1985, been a Joe fan since 1989.

Why?: See above.

Where?: Lots of places. I've gone from Pittsburgh, to Newbury Park CA, to San Francisco, and right now is Ashburn, VA outside of Washington, District of Corruption.

The How: Been getting into customizing as a way to get my eyes off a computer screen since I look at one 80 hours a week. This site seemed to have the most info available for it. Plus, I didn't quite like Hisstank.