The Walking Dead Comic and TV Show Spoilers

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Walking Dead and their black character ratio, man. With Gabriel and Noah in, you knew Tyreese had to get cycled out.
Heh, I noticed that too...:racist:

Being 13% of the population now and considering that if there was a real life apocalyptic zombie scenario that they (what do I mean by "they"?) would kill each other off way quicker than they do already without there being a zombie apocalypse, it's hard for me to accept them making up such a large percentage of the group.

:racist::racist::racist:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I never got into the comics and bailed on the TV show a couple seasons back now I guess. I wanted to keep up with Fear the Walking Dead.. but missed some of that too now I think.

Now I heard there is going to be a Rick Grimes TV movie? And ANOTHER show focusing on young people?

MEH. A big MEH. I can't think of a popular show that I dropped as quickly as TWD. It all fees so "2010" now I guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dumped the show just before Negan/Eugene, but I feel it's not too much of a hassle to finish the comic with the compendiums available.

I suspect that TWD as a franchise has largely run its course, and that, much like all the GoT prequel bullshit, will at best be diminishing returns with each subsequent entry, and at worst, flop right out of the gate.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I think I watched the season where they 'defeated' Negan.. but it was so painful. I was curious about the season after that but couldn't be assed to look it up.

FTWD actually got good.. but then got kind of weird again, but I also missed at least half of last season.

I feel like there is only so much you can do with the world they created, especially since they seem to want to completely ignore the best part (the initial infections and panic).

I still think the only interesting way to go would be to have it center on a crack military unit and their struggles, from the beginning to evacuations, to finally maybe finding a stronghold and then doing survivor runs etc. But even then it'd likely devolve into the same shit we get with the other shows, unless they had a plan to bring back civilization proper and not just stupid prison small scale stuff...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I've read every issue of the comic except for the finale. I have the first 15 twelve-issue hardcovers, as I started collecting those long before the compendiums were a thing (plus I think they're easier to read).

I think I've seen two episodes of the TV show. It just didn't grab me specifically because it departed from source material too much. Plus, I'm not big on comic tv shows. Despite being a huge comic nerd, I don't watch Arrow, Legends, TWD, Supergirl, Gotham, SHIELD, Gifted, Titans, Legion, Runaways, or any of the Netflix Marvel properties. I plan to watch Punisher, but for the most part, I like the versions in my head far more than what networks can put on a screen.

TWD comic has ups and downs, lulls and holy-shit moments. But I suspect even the lulls are less of an issue when reading it in a collected edition. It's when reading it monthly that a slow issue gets irritating b/c you have to wait so long for the next one. This was a fantastic series, well worth the trouble of reading, and it goes pretty quick. I've heard nothing but good things about 193.

I do hope 193 is actually included in the final collection. It's solicited as going to 192, and I don't know if that's to throw people off (kirkman even solicited future issues that he knew would never be published) or what. I'll be irritated if I have 16 big hardcovers and a lone issue on my shelf.

Overall, I've enjoyed the ride immensely. Definitely worth the time, IMO.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I completely stopped watching the shows at this point. I mean to go back and finish up.. but.. ehh,..

and apparently THIS is coming..

Yeesh. I like the theory of the premise.. but.. I dunno. Diverse Female leads, CHECK! Stupid idiots? Check! 1 or 2 zombies? check!

Probably skipping it, but we'll see.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The Walking Millennials..? Umm, no.

Watched the first two episodes from this season. Again, I find myself starting to empathize with the “bad guys” and can only seem to criticize the “good” ones, and count the reasons they’d never survive an actual apocalypse.