The Xbox One SUPER THREAD!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Figured I'd make a thread dedicated to my (soon-to-be) new BFF, the...

XBOX ONE! :fuckit:

$499, launches this Friday in the US and some of Europe. (11/22/13 for US, 22/11/13 for those funny folks)

Launch game lineup:

Forza Motorsports 5
Dead Rising 3
Ryse: Son of Rome
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Lococycle
Crimson Dragon
Fighter Within
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon
Powerstar Golf
Need for Speed
Xbox Fitness

.. some other 3rd party games!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Dead Rising 3 is getting 70's-90's from various places, seems like a 75-80 type of game. Seems like there is a lot of stuff to do, but there are some graphics issues and the boss battles are a pain.

Ryse is a HUGE mystery to me. The general internet thinking is it's going to be short and total shit. All graphics and no gameplay. But there are whispers that it's actually really good, and not just a tech demo. The reviews are embargoed until the 21st so we'll wait and see.

Forza looks amazing, just balls out amazing. The rumble triggers for the new controller actually let you know if you're losing grip on your tires. Seems crazy. I'm not a huge race game fan, but it looks so pretty it'll be hard to say no.

Crimson Dragon is getting low scores 50's-70's. Never played the original series. On rails shooter? Pass.

Lococycle looks insane. Just a really weird Spyhunter/Road Rash/80's movie type of vibe. $20's gets it into the MAYBE column for me.

Call of Duty: Ghosts looks like more of the same. I haven't seen anything to think it'll be any better or worse than other releases.

Battlefield 4 is probably the release I am most waiting for. Waited on picking it up for PC or 360. I hope it has less issues than the PC/PS4 version so far, but not holding my breath.

Killer Instinct looks like a fighting game. Not sure. Not my cup o' tea.

Zoo Tycoon has the makings of a super fun game.. had no idea I'd be thinking that!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm interested to hear about Ryse. I've heard the same things you have. Lots of QTEs and little else.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'm interested to hear about Ryse. I've heard the same things you have. Lots of QTEs and little else.

I played it at SDCC and it was pretty much all QTE, with little button prompts above where you were supposed to hit.

Since then they revamped it so it no longer has the button prompts, it's more color coded or something, Seems to LOOK nicer, but I wonder how it'll translate to usage.

But damn, it looks pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrI9RcsL3Yk

There is also supposed to be some sort of supernatural stuff as well, though I imagine less than God of War.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
WV / DC
Ryse reminds me of Batman Arkham games...button mashing until you get to the QTE finish. It is a really good looking game.

Gamespot has a nearly 3 hour video you can watch where they live streamed most of the launch games.

Dead Rising is still going to be my launch game of choice. What's the issues BF4 is having? I didn't enjoy the Beta at all..for me no BF game will top Bad Company 2.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Xbox One lets you share your video clips wherever you want at launch! :D

http://kotaku.com/youll-be-able-to-share-xbox-one-game-clips-wherever-y-1467418329

This is cool because you're not limited to Facebook.

Sadly, no live streaming at launch :(

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-has-no-built-in-livestream-option-at-launch-b-1467462172

You can WATCH streams, but can't stream yourself. They say it's coming in 2014.

I honestly don't know how much I'd use it, but it was pretty cool going to twitch.tv and watching people play PS4 games, gives you a good idea what the games are actually like.

Xbox One hardware reviews should be out tonight!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Thursday at midnight, technically Friday morning at midnight I guess.

The reviews will start coming out tonight, but we won't really know about any issues until later this week I'm guessing.. like the PS4.

Odds are it'll be somewhat similar, all new hardware has a failure rate, some people will blow it out of proportion I'm sure.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Thursday at midnight, technically Friday morning at midnight I guess.

The reviews will start coming out tonight, but we won't really know about any issues until later this week I'm guessing.. like the PS4.

Odds are it'll be somewhat similar, all new hardware has a failure rate, some people will blow it out of proportion I'm sure.

even though i give xboxers a hard time, I'm still a gamer first and when a system puts out shit like Ryse, it makes me want to get that system. i ALMOST bought a 360 just because of skyrim DLC, but thankfully it came to PS3 so i was able to get it that way.

As of right now, there is no games for PS4 I'm wanting, but looks like a couple for xbox. I MAY end up switching teams.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Xbox One Is a Slice of the Future - Rolling Stone

Xbox One a great game player _ and more - AP

Xbox One review: This is the console of the future - Fortune

The Xbox One is the closest thing to the future of television we’ve yet seen - Hollywood Reporter

Xbox One review: The gaming device that goes far beyond gaming - Consumer Reports

Xbox One: A family-focused console that goes beyond gaming - Washington Post

Xbox One review: Compelling console with a strong lineup of games - NBC News

Originally Posted by NBCNews

The Xbox One really is a compelling piece of hardware, complete with a strong lineup of launch games. And that's more than I could say for Sony's PlayStation 4, which arrived last Friday.

... if you're really craving a new system now — or need something to bring home to the kids — the Xbox One is your best bet.
Originally Posted by Fortune

If the Xbox One isn't already near the top of your holiday wish list, it should be.
Originally Posted by RollingStone

Sony's PS4 is not the entertainment hub we were expecting. But Microsoft's next-gen gaming console unifies your gaming, movie and TV watching under one voice-controlled roof
Originally Posted by Associated Press

The images in the games I tried are on par with the PS4's — as detailed and realistic as anything yet produced by a living-room console.

"Forza Motorsport 5," the latest auto racing simulator from Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios, takes full advantage of the Xbox One's graphic oomph. You can see the attention to detail in every car. From the driver's seat, you can read every instrument on the dashboard. The beauty extends to the gorgeous environments, from the Bernese Alps to the streets of Prague to famous racetracks like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Originally Posted by WashingtonPost

Seems the reviews for the Xbox One are generally positive. The Kinect still needs some work, but it does seem better than the original.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I honestly don't care for the all-in-one hub aspect. I buy gaming systems for gaming, but do use them for streaming Netflix and Hulu, or watching movies on, all of which the PS4 does, but that's about it. As far as I'm concerned, neither have a good launch lineup of games (that's my opinion) and neither have any exclusives announced at this point that I care to play. So, when there's a $100 difference and a more powerful machine all around, I'm going with it in the beginning. That's not to say that I won't get an XBOX One eventually, as I've owned every gaming console since the NES, other than the Dreamcast and those weird CDX, or whatever the crap they were consoles.

For now, I'm perfectly happy with my purchase. I haven't had any issues other than that one I mentioned on Friday that lasted a couple of hours due to the network being worked on. Granted, I did buy Battlefield 4, and while I've read about all the issues with that, I haven't wanted to play it since starting ACIV, and there's the possibility that it could happen with the XBO, as well.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I'm curious to see the BF4 reviews on XB1 to see if its any different. I can't imagine it'd be much different, though maybe the multiplayer with the XB1 servers etc.

But BF4 had PC problems too, so it could just be EA being EA.

I get so little gaming time now, the TV integration was a big help in 'selling' the XB1 purchase for the family.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I agree that the interface and voice commands is pretty frickin' sweet, and if I had the money, I would be getting one at launch this Friday. A part of me still wants to charge it or do Bill Me Later through PayPal, but I can wait until it at least has some games that I want to play that aren't available on the PS4.

The main thing that had me on the fence was the controller. I much preferred the 360 controller over the PS3 controller. However, I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I like the PS4 controller.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
First Ryse review (Guess it's Thursday already in NZ!)

http://www.3news.co.nz/Ryse-Son-of-Rome-review/tabid/418/articleID/322143/Default.aspx#.Uoz1WnAjJc_

8/10 though the guy admits he's partial to violent games lol. If this game actually gets good scores I'll be surprised, as most everyone wrote it off as a stupid GFX demo.

And yeah, I'm excited to play with the XB1 controller, the 360 was my all-time favorite ever, so hopefully it's not too different. I hated the DS2 and DS3 but lots of people like the DS4 so it must be pretty good.

I don't think I'll be getting a PS4 this generation, I barely used my PS3, and funds are at a much higher premium these days. Maybe in a couple of years when a killer game comes out, we'll see. I'm kind of the opposite, all the PS4 does is play games, and if the Xbox plays the games 'good enough' for me, I don't have any need for the PS4 other than exclusives I guess?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I wonder how well it does with a 2 year old running around playing, b/c that's the environment it would be in at my house?

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I might have to get the xbone just to keep up with old friends that and you can play the ps4 on the xbone with the snap feature lol