This is my Rifle, This is my Gun

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I like the mini-14, but I really wasn't satisfied with the furniture- plastic or wooden- that I saw out there for it. Too bad too because it's in my price range. I think I'm going for the shotgun though. I can go skeet shooting with my brother and pop and it's less restricted here in MD.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I think I like that batter. Ft Meade has a gun and rod club. I need to join, but you need to be a NRA member to join. That could get really expensive between dues.

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey PCS!!! Nice set of firearms you have going!!!;) I dont know anything about the pistol but I think it looks pretty damn good!!!;) On the pistol---whats the deal with the trigger guard??? Does it detach??? If so is there another tigger guard with a built on tac. light/lazer in the market??? How many rounds does it hold??? Im thinking 7+1!!! ---RED---

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The trigger guard laser is from Crimson Trace and is custom designed for it. It has a 1" rail under the chin that will hold most pistol add-ons, but I wanted the button below the trigger, on the grip.

I didn't know it at the time of purchase, but the Ruger SR9c won pistol of the year in 2010 and was featured on the cover of last month's NRA magazine. The short mag holds 10 and the full-size holds 17. She's a completely different beast when shooting with the different mags.

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/ruger®-sr9câ„¢-named-2010-“handgun-of-the-yearâ€￾/5112/

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
It also depends how anal you are on it, yeah it needs to be reliable but if you have good ammo it doesnt need as much maintenance. I've been shooting Independence through mine and it doesnt leave much residue. I go at least 500 rounds between cleaning and haven't had an issue

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I'm with you NSA, not sure how much to scrub my pistol. I have been using Qtips to wipe down all the pieces in the trigger/mag area and being careful not to leave any cotton hairs behind. Oiling it is another question mark for me. I put just enough to tell it's oiled if touched, but not enough that you really see it. I've cleaned it 3 times and it's fired every time, so I must be doing something right, hopefully.

Here is a thread that might be useful:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=78570&hilit=gun+cleaning

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You want a light film of oil is all.

Be thankful you aren't shooting corrosively-primed ammo, which necessitates a cleaning EVERY firing, especially in humid weather. Goddamn Russians.

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
Is it so wrong that I like to handle shit like I'm overcompensating or something?

...now, lets blow shit up!!! :D

But then again, this guy was was my role-model as a kid:

"HAHAHA! Now, lets blow shit up!!!"

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I can't stop reading that, OMG people like that really exist!! :D
I made it halfway down before I had to eject. Glad to read about the guys ktig compares me to. :rolleyes:

From the sounds of it, I'm immediately disqualified from mall ninja status for bypassing the Glock and the M4 and freely admitting newb status.

Thunderdan on the other hand.... :D

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I got halfway though- I'll read the rest later. That is hilarious! "multiple .338 rounds to the back"? WTF?

Edit: Holy shit, this dude is an actual Mall Cop? Wow. I for see multiple face-palms as I continue reading.

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
This guy makes me sad to be a gun owner. Nutcases like this ruin it for everyone else. I loved his list of things he suggested to management for his "team". I'm forwarding this to a couple of buddies that are cops, they'll get a kick out of this.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Yeah, if the words "I", "am" and "like a god" come out of your brain in the same sentence, you have no business playing with firearms or being responsible for public safety.

I just received a text from one of my cop buddies- he said mall cops are the worst. They apparently a lot of them swear up and down that they "could have" been a real Police Officer, but didn't feel like working for the "man" or some other bullshit thing. Pinnacle of the wanna-be.

And then there are the ones that are off-duty PD or retired guys that are just trying to make some extra money. I feel bad for those guys that have to work with the other assholes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That fat ass Paul Blart look-a-like probably doesn't own a Daisy BB gun much less a German assault rifle.

All fucking talk.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
the phrase "MP5s are junk" should have been a red flag. I've never heard anything but positive shooting experiences from people who've had the chance to fire them.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Pretty much. One of my favorite things to follow is the number of guys that get arrested each month for faking military or police credentials to give talks or run classes. It's amazing how long these guys can go before someone actually checks their background and military records and they get caught.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Don't worry. It's a federal offense to fake military or federal public safety creds. Long jail time too, which is reassuring. I was just surprised at the lack of basic background checks people were willing to do before they invite someone to speak or give classes. Who just takes anyone at face value anymore?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The bottom floor of my range has different coarses setup for the police and competitive shooters to train on. Can't wait until I feel qualified to take some classes and join a league. Shooting at a static target takes enough practice, pop-up targets and firing on the move should be a great challenge.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well I'm stoked because I'm heading home to visit the family in 3 weeks and grand pappy wants me to go through the cache to see what I want. Myself and my cousin are the only ones that get to pick from it. Plus I get to unload a few boxes through ma's 9MM. I'm sure I'll have to clean the damn thing. Who knows when she has.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
If you go through the thread there are a few replies that werent edited out calling the guy out. the first time I read it I almost died laughing. Around here no mall security can even carry batons and theyre lucky if the get pepper spray

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
The pistol is an FN FNP in .40 and the shotgun is a Mossberg 500A. It came with the 18" and 28" barrels. Unless I'm going hunting the 18" and the Blackhawk pistol grip stock stay on. The light on the front is great 110 lumens with laser and strobe capabilities. Dont pay attention to the holoscope thing, its a cheap($10) airsoft replica just to see if I like it. A better one is on the list of things to purchase. I have a laser/light combo for the FN also.

Attachments