This is my Rifle, This is my Gun

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finger-banged an FN M1910/22 today. Strictly speaking, I’m not looking for a 10/22, but it was there and I figured why not. It had these odd plastic/acrylic grips, I suspect the nickel finish was aftermarket, and even if it had been factory it wasn't in the hottest shape. The last thing that killed it was that it was the .32 ACP variant (yes, I know I can put a .380 barrel on the thing).

Wanted 375. I had to pass. On the up side, I saw one of those gay .22LR StG-44 repops and a semi-auto BAR.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Thoughts on angled foregrips?

I have yet to shoot with mine, but it doesn't feel natural. I took right to the vertical grip on the CX and understand the purpose for it. I'm not convinced the angled grip is anything but aesthetics.

Or maybe my arms are too short.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I have an AFG on my SBR, but I hold it with one finger ahead of the foremost notch, so it pretty much becomes a handstop/indexer, and my hand is barely angled relative to the barrel. I had an AFG on my ACR but came to the conclusion that I didn't need it, as the fore-end is more comfortable without it. I didn't bother to put one on my carbine, as I have a handstop rail kit that works just fine without it. So I'm one for three on the AFG. I have zero vertical fore grips currently.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Thanks guys, I thought I must be missing something. I think I'll get a hand stop for the back end of the rail to keep my hand from sliding onto it since the smooth angled spot in front of the mag well feels more natural to hold. The AFG certainly looks badass.

They do have the AFG2 at Academy Sports, so maybe I'll give that a try since it's suppose to be shorter and skinnier.

Attachments

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, I love the look of it too, and in theory, it should be more comfortable for your wrist...but it just doesn't seem to give the solid connected feeling that wrapping your hand around the vertical grip provides.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
:lmao:

Probably true. Maybe he discovered a miracle enhancer or a tiny little lady so now he has the confidence to sell it... :trollface:

My wife and I can't keep a straight face when a big ol' monster truck pulls up next to us at a red light for that very reason.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I had an inexpensive, though very practical multitool/knife that I forgot to leave at home when I had to pass through a security line. It went in the trash. I used it so often that I knew I would miss it, so I ordered the same one as soon as I got back home that day. Crazy how certain tools just fit and become a part of you. I've since gotten better about making sure to empty my pockets before certain meetings, travel and such.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Not me. I'm all about Magpul anything. Having Magpul options makes an AK more attractive for me. And for mags, I'd use theirs with confidence on anything they make. I heard they are gonna start making G17/19 mags. Just in time for me as I have a 17 and am in the market for a 19.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
and it pisses me off seeing stuff like this

why can't we have such easy access to those guns? Look at that folding stock version!

oh, I'm sorry, here's a gun for you to look at Eddie since AK's aren't your thing

While I get your point, I wouldn't trade where I live for living somewhere where you need to make use of AKs to survive.

Also, found out my Dad has a couple of Mini-14s, a Glock and another 9mm handgun and he's never fired any of them.. New toys!