This is my Rifle, This is my Gun

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I think that 19's gonna be a little easier to concealed carry. I like the G43 because it clips right into my back pocket. It's pretty much the size of my wallet and I can carry it pretty much anywhere without "no guns" signage with no one the wiser. I use a +1 extended mag though to get my pinky on the grip, won't use anything that I can't fully grasp.

My field pistol is an FNP-45 with an RMR atop. It's a very nice large frame, high capacity .45 ACP pistol.

That is the style 1911 my old man used to carry for Concealment now he just caries a Glock

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That's a nice piece, but for CC, it's hard to beat Glock (or other striker fired) for simplicity and lack of stuff that tries to hang you up when trying to draw. Then you have to make the decision about chambering. I say always go the safest route possible, as most folks rarely need the weapon so quickly that they won't have time to ready it when necessary.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Finally took the CPL class today. Now I have to go the county and apply for the license. Though I found out after taking the class that you get finger printed when applying. Not sure I want that on file.I can't really come up with a good reason why, but that's just more information that the government would get out of me. 😕

Found out that an AR pistol can be conceal carried in MI. 😵

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
She says they did them for us all, but fingerprints weren't part of it.

Don't worry Eddie, I am sure the Agents following you have lifted the prints off your car door handle already.
You guys can voluntarily give them your life and invite them to listen in to your every word and know where you are at ALL times and have every scrap of your DNA. I don't trust them. I will give them as little as possible.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Don’t worry, some dumbass in your family has already sent their DNA away to find out if they are related to Abraham Lincoln and now the entire family is cataloged forever. People acting surprised we they find out 23&Me and the others allow the government to access their database. :slap:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I picked this up for a really good price (last one of the old model that I actually preferred. Win!). I was initially drawn to the appearance of it, and the potential functionality made it even more attractive.

I watched some vids and was skeptical of the compensator aspect, but after going to the range, both me and my dad did notice a significant recoil reduction. Not that a 9mm has much to begin with, but it was cool to feel it actually work. The other function is as a stand-off. Of course that works, but I'm likely to win the lotto and get hit by lightning on the same day before I'll ever need to use it.

The newer design has serrations on the sides. I think they look too busy and prefer the simpler smooth design.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Interesting. Never had too much problems with pistol recoil and quick reset, but it is fun to shoot the .22 pistol rapidly as it never pulls itself off target. If that device could make larger calibers do similar, it might be fun.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Oh, did Hudson go under? Shame they didn't make it. Unfortunately they couldn't get their gun out there for less than $1000 a pop. The only people paying that much for pistols are the master race 1911 types, and the Hudson would never be good enough for them.

Rhinos are cool looking. They, and the Kriss Vector (on the pistol caliber carbine side), have very futuristic lines and modern recoil reduction designs. As I recall, both got screen time in the Total Recall remake. I doubt I'll ever own either though, as I really don't care much for revolvers and the Vector is very pricey compared to other pistol caliber options, and only really works as an SBR.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Shh nobody tell the Florida ATF this is my rifle. I got this baby before the shooting at parkland and it was mine, That is until Rick Scott all of a sudden decided I was not allowed to own a gun anymore. Now it is not my gun until I turn 21 in a little under six months. Fuck Rick Scott and fuck the ATF

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Seems like they have until December 20th before they're really breaking the law and I guess there is still debate about what they're going to pay people.. and there is no record of most of the guns.. so no one even knows what a good # of turn ins would be.

Seems vague enough that most people will probably be able to claim it as a win.. though since they banned any NEW sales, the anti-gun crowd will likely be the winner in the end.