TO&E

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
So, over on that other website there is a thread titled "What Secrets Lurk in the Filecards?". It was my association with that thread that ultimately led me here by way of invites from Monkeywrench and OliverBox. The filecard thread is one of the few threads that I still enjoy reading and contributing to there.

Aside from the obvious chatter about the filecards that came with Joes in their Golden Age we talk about how the different Joe specialties would relate to real world situations and how we would organize the different teams within GI Joe.

For the most part I have my teams set up like Special Forces ODAs, 12 men, with different focuses. Tiger Force for instance is my jungle ops team. My B.A.T.T.L.E. Force combines the guys from Battle Force 2000 and the laser guys like Flash, Sci Fi and Red Spot to answer the threat of BATs.

Was just wondering if any of you guys do something similar.

Blue_Knight

Enlisted
Feb 19, 2012
NC
I too like to organize my joes into specific teams. I could go on and on about it, especially when I was a kid. I do it now. It is something I have always done...it just makes sense.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If I thought about it really hard I'd set them up similarly to how they did it in the MACV-SOG days, as that's the era I set my Joeverse in. I don't truck with environmental "specialities" or made-up MOSes.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I set my teams up such that there's 24hr coverage for any mission. Each of the Joes has time off and away from the base, but the team still has to be ready for any and all situations that may arise. Putting together a team of all one specialty is nearly useless, imho. You gotta organize them like the JLA or Avengers, where there's a heavy-hitter, a stealthy guy, a shot-caller, a transporter, a tech, etc. That's the way the O13 were organized, and the rest of the organization should just be multiple O13 groups, with maybe the specific O13 individuals being divvied up to dole out experience fighting COBRA as needed in the field.

And forgive the Navy guy, but dafuq does 'TO&E' mean? I assume once I know what it stands for I'll know how it relates to the thread, lol.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I set my teams up such that there's 24hr coverage for any mission. Each of the Joes has time off and away from the base, but the team still has to be ready for any and all situations that may arise. Putting together a team of all one specialty is nearly useless, imho. You gotta organize them like the JLA or Avengers, where there's a heavy-hitter, a stealthy guy, a shot-caller, a transporter, a tech, etc. That's the way the O13 were organized, and the rest of the organization should just be multiple O13 groups, with maybe the specific O13 individuals being divvied up to dole out experience fighting COBRA as needed in the field.

I've not ever given it much thought...but if I did, I'd be along these ^^^ lines. Though, given how much "specialty" there is amongst the ranks, I'd always insert an environment specific and/or skill specific team member, too.