TRU Sightings!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I've got all of the "wave 1" stuff on preorder somewhere, so I'm not too worried about finding them in the wild. The only ones I'm likely to get multiples of are the Lady Jaye pack, and it's not out yet.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Swung by my local TRU on the way home. Surprisingly saw 3 sets of each of the 2-packs. I picked up 2 of the HEAT-Viper sets so I can at least pick and choose the best paint apps when mine arrive from BBTS. Boy, do the paint apps suck on these.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Swung by my local TRU on the way home. Surprisingly saw 3 sets of each of the 2-packs. I picked up 2 of the HEAT-Viper sets so I can at least pick and choose the best paint apps when mine arrive from BBTS. Boy, do the paint apps suck on these.
I believe it's going to be pretty constant bad paint apps. The HEAT Vipers I saw looked as bad as those people were reviewing. The purple isn't filling in the voids, lines are crooked, paint bleed, etc.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I believe it's going to be pretty constant bad paint apps. The HEAT Vipers I saw looked as bad as those people were reviewing. The purple isn't filling in the voids, lines are crooked, paint bleed, etc.
Yeah, I wasn't impressed. Granted, they've got a lot of pits, but the paint apps are dreadful other than not completely filling in the recesses. Slop galore. I'm going to have to basically repaint all the gray and purple on the 3 I keep.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Take this with a grain of salt, but supposedly the exclusive will be back at some point:

Some dude at HT said:
I called Toy R Us today and they confirmed that they will indeed restock the exclusive online again very soon. They had a huge rush on sales due to ComicCon this week and they couldn't keep up with demand. For the people who didn't get to have a chance to order this, there will be another window of opportunity. Keep checking the Toy R Us online store in the following weeks.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Stopped by TRU again today. My daughter is apparently good luck. They had the Battle Below Zero sets, and both 3-packs. As I was uninterested in pretty much all of the figures in the 3 packs, I picked up the Battle Below Zero for nostalgia's sake.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lose the lower legs and repaint the son of a bitch. Remove the grenades and replace them with a ST radio and add some mag pouches for good measure.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
And.. I have to go back to TRU because somehow I missed the fact the Ice Viper was missing in the window, as well as the front and back canopies on the WOLF are missing, and its stickers. So either this was shit forgotten back in China, or someone was really good at retaping this box.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I spotted the Animal Planet toys the other day were marked down in some kind of clearance sale (not the standard TRU colored price tag one.) I'd not paid much attention to them in the past but if you're looking for civilians or civilian vehicles (or creatures) they might be worth a look.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Apparently lots of pre-ordered 50th stuff is being cancelled by TRU.com because they "were unable to fulfill your order for the item listed below within the expected time and have attempted to cancel it in accordance with FTC regulations".

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
Found the 2 packs, 3 packs and DatD at my local. No interest in either of the 2 packs. Bought the Viper's Pit 3 pack but couldn't pull the trigger on the other one. Passed on DatD for now but I'll pick it up at some point.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Picked up 2x WOLFs today, and a 3-pack of the Viper/BH/Trooper. I considered picking up the Destro set too, because mine from BBTS has the gold chain all painted off the sculpt, but the rest of the paint apps were worse than the one I have, so I didn't bother. I'll probably just wind up repainting my Destro's chest and his bling at some point.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
These two 2-packs are the end of it.

I'm dubious, as I see no receipt. He could have acquired them through a Chinese seller.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I stand corrected. I'd say happy hunting but we all know most of us will just walk in and see lame-ass Blowjob and Mardi Gras Viper packs.