Wave 6 Reviews

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
No (new) pictures for now. I was too lazy last night to get my gear out.

Crazy Legs-

In hand, he's not that bad of a figure. Sure, I could think of a dozen other sets of legs he could have had, but I'll do that on my own now.

I'm in the minority when it comes to the alternate Zartan head. I like it. I think it works well here. The card art is what looks stupid.

Hasbro strikes again though. They give him a sidearm, but no holster for it. Irks the shit out of me when they do that. The Firefly gun isn't needed. It's too 'old timey' of a weapon for this line...though they have given their fair share of figures older weapons recently. The other rifle, the one that came with the Pic Commando initially, is just as rubbery now as it was then...if not more. Stupid.

On of the first figures I can remember that has decent, realistic weathering. Eh. I like him. Of course, I'll give him some new legs.

Iron Grenadier-

I opened the Iron Grenadier next. Ugh. I know he's 99% Wave 4 Destro, so I don't know what I was expecting with him. I guess, maybe to have the harness that Destro has for his gun. This thing is too big for any person to hold for any length of time...ESPECIALLY with the f'ing canister on the front of it. The ammo belt does not fit into the backpack (which had a bent peg btw, making it near impossible to get into the figure properly.

The head is nicely done. The 25th IG had a crappy paint job on the helmet and really detracted from it. This one is pretty sweet. Lotsa detail in there.

I had to fiddle with him a bit to get him to stand with that big ass gun...but I got him. As soon as I snapped the picture, he fell backwards. Ugh.

Croc Master-

He's Croc Master. That's about it. The Croc he comes with is tiny as hell. The snake doesn't fit in the container (and wouldn't stay in it anyways thanks to all the OPEN SIDES). He needs a dark wash of paint to look a bit more worn in. He comes with enough gear though. The net still impresses me for the simplicity of it.

Snake Eyes-

I was on the bandwagon of 'what a stupid figure' at first. Then I got him in hand (giggety). Sure he's a repaint of the Reso SS, but it's the added detail that makes him a pretty good figure. The bokken (I think that's what they are) are nice additions to the already growing ninja gear available. The second head is awesome. It's great to have a non-masked SE for once. My only gripe, and it may just be my figure, one of his legs is bowed out a bit so he doesn't stand just right.

Cobra Viper-

I was psyched when I saw him at Toy Fair. Now that I have him...eh. I like the Shocktrooper body, sure, but the use of the OG Viper Gear is stupid. It takes a good concept and shits on it. Also, I hate that rifle. Jesus, at least give him the AK that came with the Shockie. The rocket launcher is cool...but it makes #3 for me. Blech.

Rock Viper-

I like this guy. Good use of parts, minus the helmet. It doesn't stay on at all. It's ok. I will probably just swap his head out anyways. I like the coloring on him. Even the maroon works. The pack is a bit cumbersome, but still fits ok. The only thing I don't care for is the staff. I gave it to Croc Master so it all works out.

Overall, there is some decent fodder in this wave, so don't pass a lot of them up.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*puts on nerd glasses* I do believe the boar spear is an odd accessory for a Rock Viper.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
I put the spear in the hole on the side of the pack. Any idea if anything is supposed to fit in the left thigh? I cant find any pics of anything there, I may be wrong but it looks like something should go there.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The only one I'm pretty stoked about getting is the Crazy Legs.

The Viper seems a bit too late, although a good offering... I just have no need for a bunch since I got so many of the 25th version. Isn't he a funny color though? Seems like he should be either the Cobra Trooper blue or match the Shock Troopers, but from what I've seen it looks like the color's somewhere in-between.

The IG is a better redeco of the Destro, but I just feel like they should have done the IG from the beginning with the Destro gear and not have wasted the slot with another damned Destro. The deco on the IG is much better too. The mold itself is pretty awesome.

Snake Eyes makes me feel like we'll eventually get a proper Slice/Dice. I love how they keep teasing with the parts, they just can't seem to actually do it. I don't want another "new" ninja, or another Snake Eyes. After Resolute, the 25th ninja and the POC SE, they don't need to make another SE. Please stop, or just reissue the same figure. Enough already.

Rock Viper, meh. I wouldn't have him if he wasn't in the wave I ordered from BBTS. He's not a bad figure, I just think I'm not excited because he's such a kitbash. It's like 90% there, but not quite enough to make him work well for me.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
BTW, those shots of CL sell him to me. I'm okay, even with the legs. Although he's not a character I remember from ARAH, I'll take any ARAH guys that they make that look decent.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
IG with Destro armor = WINNING. Well, not really but it will look better than the two color scheme Hasblow did. Dude must be a brick shit house to haul that weapon. That should be on the back of a Stinger! The head they gave it is pretty nice though.

Crazy Legs is pretty cool too. I just want the damn Hawk remake! Why did they make that wave later? Now I'm worried I won't even see the damn figure. Fockers!!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Greg is sending me the Destro gear to try on the IG.

I know...you read on HT that it doesn't fit. Check your source on that shit.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Greg is sending me the Destro gear to try on the IG.

I know...you read on HT that it doesn't fit. Check your source on that shit.

I'm actually going to hang onto the Destro gear (sorry Dre) since I just bought a couple of IGs. They're being mailed via priority mail, so I should be able to test it out and get some pics up early next week.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The way i understand it the IG's smart gun isn't designed to work on Destro's boom.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That one was too easy Midget. Still may get hit though. We don't have much restraint on our immaturity sometimes. :D

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I do sometimes go over to the Eddie-ism thread to see how often I show up on it. It's a lot less than I would have thought.