Westworld |OT| Doesn't look like anything to Me

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Huzzah! our Official Topic |OT| for WESTWORLD.

I think it was my favorite show from last year, beating out a very cool season of Game of Thrones.

Oh.. and we should be getting a new trailer during the Superb Owl!

I imagine there will be a ton of twists and turns for Season 2, so we can use this thread to discuss.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I need to rewatch it. But I have time b/c I probably won't watch any of S2 until it's over. It's something I need to binge, not stretch out over three months. I won't remember the clues and such week-to-week, but if I watch it over the course of a few evenings, I'll tend to catch more.

Honestly, while I loved season 1 (I agree it was probably my fav of last year), I question if the second season will be as compelling. The way S1 ended, there can't possibly be as much suspense/mystery this time around. I'm sure there's a way, but my feeble mind has no clue what direction it's going, even after the trailer... which really didn't show or tell us much of anything we didn't already know. It was more of a mere reminder that the show still exists.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
In this age of binging.. which I like.. it was nice to have a weekly show that kept you in suspense. It let me experience it with other people.. since we're all at the same point each week. The downside of binging is everyone is either done with the show or at some random point, so it's hard to talk about the show.

I have no idea where they're going either.. maybe more of the other world's? Will we see earth? Hope the man in black still plays a big part.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, binging it does sound kind of nice for the reason nacho mentioned, not forgetting important bits from weeks prior. But then discussing it with other fans and analyzing everything to try and figure out the crumbs is also half the fun. I guess if you have no intention of following the community to decode things it's best to just binge it.

As for they are going, it looks like there's a revolt and they leave the park? That or there are modern worlds? I can't imagine them doing the is he/isn't he thing this season in regards to whether or not someone in particular is human or robo. I mean, I guess they could, but that angle would've lost a lot of it's mystique.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I just avoid conversations about it until I've watched it. It's pretty easy, as my family doesn't watch, and I see my actual friends only a few times a year, and we just talk about jobs, kids, and sports. If I avoid the thread here for a few months, I'm good.

On one hand, I miss out on the group speculation, which can be entertaining in and of itself. But on the other hand, I don't have to worry about being spoiled by eagle-eyed fan detectives. When I went back through the thread here for the first season, you guys had all kinds of stuff figured out way before I did at the same point... but I wasn't chatting with anyone along the way, reading articles, or trying to find out anything. I just blindly binge-watched with minimal speculation, and I got lots of nice surprises when it all clicked.

I think I'd rather just stupidly enjoy the ride rather than parsing every detail week-by-week. I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed the first go-round as much if someone with too much free time spelled everything out after each episode.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think the fun part of the speculation is finding out your detective skills were spot on. Or looking back on your original ideas and seeing how far off they were. I don't know. Had I not followed the \W/ community, I think I would've missed or forgotten a lot of important hints and threads even up to the very end. I would've just been confused by a lot. Though on the other hand, I followed along and still felt a little lost by the end. :dunceemoticon:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It all comes down to personal preference but I got a kick out of trying to figure things out. The internet ended up being pretty spot on, but we still didn't find out we were right until the end.

I got to chat about it here, with a couple of friends, and another forum I'm on.

Essentially it expanded the show from 10 or whatever hours of enjoyment to much more.

Now something like Stranger Things can be the same, with binging.. but you need a show where you know everyone just sat their asses down and powered through it.

I enjoy it, it's a good show. But like the Walking dead, the lack of humor wears on me after awhile. It's a problem I see on some many new shows now. They try so very hard to be edgy and serious, they forget that we have the ability to find humor even in the darkest of situations. But that's just my opinion.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I thought the premier was just okay. I don't know if the wait was too long, or what.. but I wasn't sucked right in like I was last season.

I think the "war torn" Westworld is ultimately way less interesting than the one we see at the beginning of S01. The mystery is gone.. and they need to invent a whole new mystery for us.. but I still feel they had a lot of mileage left with the old one..

I dunno. Keep watching obviously.. but it's gonna be a much different season this time around. The time skips are kind of weird (and obviously pronounced this time).

I also feel like Dolores is a dick, but am not sure that's how I felt about her to end last season. There is only the Man in Black to really 'root for' now.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Last nights episode was better.. not amazing but better I guess..

So we have Westworld. India World, Ninja World.. I wonder what else? Have they said how many total parks there are?

I still think it's weird we don't really have a protagonist or antagonist this season. I kind of hate everyone. I guess maybe rooting for Maeve and the Man in Black? I dunno.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It feels like it’s about to get really good. All hell breaking loose with parks about to mix together.

Has Mave lost the ability to voice command the others without any explanation? She was doing it in Ep 1 and then suddenly can’t control the Injuns?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Series has definitely gone up a couple notches from the rough start. The ending to the last episode was awesome!

Can't wait to see where they're going.. Shogun world was really cool too.

So Indian (dot) world, West World, Shogun World.. didn't they say there were like 7 worlds?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
6 worlds.

The Raj (Park 6)
West World (Park 1)
ShoGun World (Park 2)

Others are unknown at this point, but possibly be Medievil World, Spa/Roman World & Furture World (From the movies)

Absolutly love this show, worth fighting with the wife to see it "almost" live. :)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I liked it.. covered a LOT of ground.. was glad they got some extra time for the episode.

The after credits scene was good too..

It takes place way in the future according to the showrunner

I felt like the season started good, then went into the shitter by around episode 4-5 and then came back and ended strong. Looking forward to Season 3, but I'm hearing it's likely 2020 now. GoT is 2019 so maybe they only want 1 big series per year?