Westworld |OT| Doesn't look like anything to Me

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I've dialed into this a time or two now that we have better cable...but it has thus far failed to pull me in. I must be missing the scenes with all the sex and/or exposed boobs everyone keeps talking about.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Just finished up this season. I think I prefer watching weekly as opposed to binging. Dissecting with other viewers made the show much more enjoyable.

So, William. Has he been a host the entire time we've been watching the "man in black" version?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
No he is not a host,

I think they wanted us to think that he was a host, & that because of a combination of his wife's death (his general unfeeling about life) & what he was doing to James Delos that he thought he might be a host. But the show does not hold the emotional story that it does IF he was a host.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Weekly is much better.. you get more enjoyment out of it I think.

I liked it overall. It started good, got REALLY shitting for 3-4 episodes, and then got REALLY good towards the end to balance it out as a net positive.

I'm curious where they'll go from here.. I guess next season isn't till like 2020 or something, which kinda sucks, but whatever.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No he is not a host,

I think they wanted us to think that he was a host, & that because of a combination of his wife's death (his general unfeeling about life) & what he was doing to James Delos that he thought he might be a host. But the show does not hold the emotional story that it does IF he was a host.
The way it played out was like Man In Black was in a similar situation as James Delos. That he himself was stuck in a loop. I think even the extra part explained it that way. I'll have to watch it again.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Bad news the old town (not the main street where the train arrives) burned down the weekend.

Good news is that the church is still there which is where flashbacks might happen if they choose to revisit that location.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. I can see them rebuilding it pretty easy. We did kid photos there some years back, and I've been there a bunch of times. It was all basic wood buildings (old stuff, shock!) so I could see it popping back up pretty easy if they wanted to.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
2020! Jeebus.

But it definitely looks.. interesting. Some Blade Runner vibes.

I am pretty sure I'll be there day 1 to watch. I felt season 2 was all over the place, quality wise, but I think liked it more than I disliked it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't know if I didn't enjoy it as much as the first season because it just wasn't as good, or there wasn't as much mystique knowing the shtick already, or because I binge watched instead of weekly. Probably D. All of the above.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What the heck, Cookie Monster?! I was taught that respect is earned. Not everyone deserves a piece. It may've even been you that taught me that some 30+ years ago. Now you're telling me to give it out freely to anyone?? I don't know if I can trust you any longer, Mr. Monster.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Comcast had a free preview this month that included everything on HBO. (as opposed to previously where it was only 50% & not the new stuff.) So I got to binge the season for free. I have mixed feeling on the format change. It works for binge watching, but I didn't get the idea that something deeper was going on. (That's maybe what happens when you don't have a week to obsess about every episode.

I've wanted to see the outside world for awhile, so I was generally happy with that. Just really thinking that this is really a prequel to cylons in Battlestar Galactica. Looking forwadr to Christmas when the wife gets me the bluerays. :)

Reactions: NSA