Whale Wars

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Just a friendly reminder tonight at 9pm EST a whole new season of Whale Wars will be airing on television on Discovery Channel's Animal Planet. What I'm more interested to see is the $4 million "Gojira" in action.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/

http://www.seashepherd.org/whales/whale-wars.html

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably watch, though i find their struggle fruitless.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
While I dont think commercial whaling should be allowed I kind of hope these jackasses get knocked off the deck by the water cannons. Is that wrong?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wish one side or the other would start equipping quad Bofors.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh that's coming out next year when season 5 of Whale Wars airs. They even have a new nuclear missile....I'm mean vessel to use against the Japaneses whalers.

I would so blow the mid East to shit if i had a Bird-of-Prey.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Of course when firing upon a whaling vessel using something as large as a "Bird of Prey" it would be like trying to shoot the wings off of a fly.:eek:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Photon Torpedoes are pretty good for "carpet bombing" plots of sea with boats in them.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
can't wait to see their new toy get thrashed by a Japanese whaling boat like the last. Not that I dislike or hate these guys but I think torpedoes would work better than putting the new boat in front of them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i read about it the other day. I figured Toho wasn't gonna sit still with it being called Gojira.

Nice fake Dazzle pattern on the Barker.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I thought this was a thread about two chicks fighting over Xhairs when I saw the title. I was waaaayyyyy off.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah, i read about it the other day. I figured Toho wasn't gonna sit still with it being called Gojira.

Nice fake Dazzle pattern on the Barker.

That's actually the Steve Irwin. Below is the new livery for the Bob Barker.

Here they all are together....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Should have saved the money they blue on paint and put int into a deck gun.

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
These guys are criminals who actively put other sailors' lives in mortal danger. Fishing vessels lack armor and all it'll take is a good enough wallop and they're both sorry out of luck.

What will eventually happen is someone will get killed and this moron will have to answer to maritime law. This guy fancies himself some kind of warrior, he served two years in the rather useless Canadian Coast Guard where he failed to even make a name for himself there.

There's about 3.5B Asians out there and they like whale meat. Tell you what, Mr. Watson, there are about 2B Chinese out there and every last one of them wants a Chevy. Howsabout you go tell them they can't have one because of the air pollution, which affects a hell of a lot more of mankind than whales. Now, if you survive, go tell the Indians the same thing.

He's a genocidal media whore who thinks the world needs to stay at 1B people in total worldwide population and advocated a 'Logan's Run' sort of method of doing so. I think Mr. Watson should be the first to volunteer for the needle if he's so concerned about overpopulation.

Notice how he never tangles with the French. The French WILL put an Exocet cruise missile through that sparkling little ship of his with no thought about it. They've blown up a Greenpeace ship before and Watson knows it.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
damn the french navy doesn't fuck around.

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_the_Rainbow_Warrior

Two DSGE agents went aboard and planted the bomb.

The French have also seized Greenpeace ships, mostly in Mururoa, where the French normally test their nukes. It's WAY the hell out there and nobody gives a crap about what happens out there except for Greenpeace.

People like to make jokes about the French being a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys, but the truth, they do not jack around.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pfft, that was over 25 years ago. What have the French done lately? ;)

There are street gangs with more impressive credentials.