What are you drinking?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I don't drink often, but when I do... :D

Well, I really don't do beer at all, but my tastes are generally pretty simple: Bacardi and Coke up until a buddy turned me on to Bourbon and Coke (a little smoother) unless I'm in a hurry, then it's Long Island Ice Tea. Sorry, Red, can't do Jack since my cousin yacked it all over my parents car a while back... :rolleyes:

Eddie don't drink...never has...not once...ever...no lie...
Wha-wha-what? :D

No, I get you. I never drank at all until I was out of school. My parents never drank at all. I pretty much stick to when I'm traveling or after the kids are down if I need to unwind a bit on a Friday or Saturday night...

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Now, I know what you're going to say. Alcoholics have rules.

I'm not an alcoholic, but I do have rules.

I will not drink if it's just me and my kids. All I need is for one of them to get hurt, and when I bring him to the doctor have them smell booze on me.

I don't drink until after noon, my own time, not the time in England.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I guess mine are more like guidelines.

I agree about the good beer. I'm too lazy to go back and look, but what are your preferred kinds Ewok?

I've been big on Dogfish Head Burton Baton these days.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
prefer Rolling Rock. If I go to a friend's house and it's their beer, I'll drink Bud light, but I won't drink much, more of a casual, carry it around to not look like a castaway.

Out of my friends, I'm pretty much the only one that drinks the dark beers. Which is good, cause when I bring my own beer, I don't have to worry about people stealing mine :D

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Ah....another guinness drinker,you might want to try some black velvet:get a pint glass,fill halfway with guinness then pour cider to make the pint.its makes a great drink!potent too!!
Had it, LOVE IT. I've also heard it called a snake-bite. It's quite refreshing.

I like black-and-tans, but it's got to be the right "tan"- Newcastle is pretty good.

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
Had it, LOVE IT. I've also heard it called a snake-bite. It's quite refreshing.

I like black-and-tans, but it's got to be the right "tan"- Newcastle is pretty good.
yeah,its a great drink.over here in england, a snake-bite is lager and cider mixed in a pint glass..........a potent mix.........have too many and it will blow your head off!

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
The hell…..?
Yessir, that will be tomorrow. Look, i am a professional drinker, learned at the same school as the professional tree climbers on tv telling us to watch out for power lines. So i know wtf i'm talking about, what, wanna fight about it? Dr. A.V.A.C. prescribes liqour, wine, beer, in that order unless you want to be dizzy, liver infected, encounter volcanic splatterstoolshines, and genital strictent gonorrhea (the bad kind). Do not veer from this path my friend..........

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Or doesn't sink it I guess. I'll just stick to beer. :)

Oddest thing- when I got back from Iraq in 2008 I completely lost my taste for liquor. I just don't like it anymore. Wine and beer are fine, but I can't touch the hard stuff. Weird?

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
I normally don't drink liquor either, but my cuban buddies brought over some homemade juice, and you don't turn that down. They also brought some vintage cab and you don't turn that down. That left me my stash, a 12ver of our local KC brewery Boulevard Pale Yale. It's quite yummy, and i'm sure i am keeping the CEO's grandchillen swell and well in college right now. :D

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Went out Sunday night with a couple of my buds who are serious beer snobs so I got try out all kinds of interesting stuff. After a couple Bourbon & Dr. Peppers I tried pretty much everything they were drinking. Best for me were Snakebite, Pandora and Brooklin Number something-er-other.

I was originally going to be the DD, but we got a ride home in a Police Cruiser instead... voluntarily, thank God. The cop is a friend of my bud's who'd just gone shooting with us the night before.

Good stuff, 'cept for having to go pick up my truck yesterday... :D