What have you guys been listening to?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I like it because my first real experience with anime was Project A-Ko, which came out at the tail-end of that era, so the music was pretty similar. It's a lot jazzier than I'd normally be wont to listen to.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm not sure that I've ever watched a celebrity worshiping award show, music or otherwise. Maybe MTV when I was much much younger, but aside from the celeb garbage, they have almost always played crappy pop music that I have zero interest in.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, never been a Grammy viewer. I'm especially not gonna watch a bunch of whores and their white-knighting beta orbiters queefing about "Me too!".

Been listening to W.A.S.P. :troll:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ha!

Yeah I used to watch the Academy Awards every year, but now it's just sort of on. I think the Golden Globes was on in my house but I mostly ignored it. They stopped awarding movies I see, so I stopped watching really.

I was big into it when Lord of the Rings was winning lots.

Music.. meh don't care.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Man, I do not like SCREAMING METAL. I got on a metal kick, and with Sirius XM there are some metal stations (Ozzys Boneyard, Liquid Metal, Hair Nation). The screaming stuff is so hard to enjoy though. How do you even know what they're saying?

My 14 year old is kind of dipping his toes in.. any suggestions? I played him a mix of the classics.. some old Black Sabbath (kinda slow), Ozzy on his own (not bad), Mid 80's Metallica and the Black Album Metallica, some Judas Priest & AC/DC.

Through it all I started to wonder what the hell is considered metal anyway? Vs hard rock or whatever?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I don't like 100% screaming metal. It has to have both screaming and regular singing and preferably some techno or some kind of electronic bits in there. Think early Linkin Park. The only exception to that is The Browning. The music is so awesome that I can forgive the lack of regular singing. To be fair to them, though, you can at least understand the words that they are screaming.

This is my favorite style. Both melodious, screaming and metal/techno. Bonus he scream raps midway through which is down right awesome.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am always impressed by the people who can play every part/instrument of a song.. and it makes me feel extra inadequate as I can't do a single one!

I'm not sure if its his voice or the modulation he's using, but I don't really like it. I think the original is also a classic :)