What have you guys been listening to?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Seeing that started me up on Haka's and the Maori culture in general. Makes me feel ill, watching a Haka because it oozes culture and tradition....it shows a spirit within it's people. What does America have for culture and tradition? We have Wal-Mart and "black Friday". :(

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The US doesn't have old culture or folk traditions because we are a young country, full of people from other places. Our strongest traditions come from our holidays, yes, but more than just black Friday. We have the whole month of December that is the build up to Christmas and New Year's - with decorations and music and foods and general good will that's missing the rest of the year. We have other seasonal traditions as well. But, you're right. Our Christmas music is probably the closest thing we have to traditional folk type stuff, and it's mainly from the last century. So far as music genres, everything from motown to country & western to (heavy metal and) rock to bluegrass to rap was invented (or at least popularized) here. Not sure what else you are looking for on that front.

While I can appreciate the metal and the celebration of Maori culture for sure, that video would seem a little more legit if it weren't being played by a bunch of ginger looking dudes (instead of say, Polynesians). Not sure how they play into Maori culture.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought they were culture-stealing honkeys, too, but they are of Maori descent.

Something like this, I guess.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Have we discussed Dance With the Dead? Because if we haven't, they'd be right up your alley! FM Attack, too.
I'm Not sure if we have, but they popped up as recommended on the side often, and yes, they are FAR up my alley.

A million times this.
These guys are like 16 years old and from New Zealand, hence the singing in Maori.
That is, pretty awesome. Have you heard of Ill Nino?

Eduardo, what have you done..? :cool:
You like?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I had to replace the entire drum on that same LG washer last year. I had bought new bearings, but the old ones had completely dissolved and fused to the shaft and so just bought the entire assembly. People thought I was nuts, but damn it felt good to repair it on my own. The problem is it only took a year before the new bearings were shot which seems to be unanimous online for people who have made the repair.

I bought a new version of the washer since it lived over 10yrs and you better believe I now run smaller loads and never above medium spin speed to lower the stress on it.
I thought they were culture-stealing honkeys, too, but they are of Maori descent.

Something like this, I guess.
Wow! I’d love to see this with my bloodline! It would be insane! I met my biological father as a teen,and know him now...found out through him,and was able to meet my grandmother before she passed who was half black(that’s where my last name originated also,it was her last name,then my father’s,then mine...),so I’m 1:8th of African decent. :O Little things still pop out in our genetics..2 of my half brothers have the curly hair,although it’s blonde...one of my daughters has it also,..I have multiple baby mammas,..little to no body hair,still have abs at 40,..and I can run fast AF when I see blue lights,lol. just enough black to have anger issues,but not enough to want to steal your bicycle:D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Why is we wasting his talents on post-Bon Scott AC/DC?
His library is extensive. I mean, he freaking did Wheels on the Bus and the 70's Spiderman theme. My favorites are when he does sh!tty pop songs and makes them awesome. LMAO Party Rock is one of my faves.

Still listening to the 80's synth you got me addicted to. :thumbsup:
I absolutely cannot get enough. It's glorious.