What's everybody up to?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I occasionally see a pre-'90s beater, but they're getting uncommon. I imagine a lot of the marginally road worthy ones got scrapped in that Cash for Clunkers scam.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I once saw a truck at Wal-Mart that had a AC window unit stuck in the back window and DUCT TAPED into place. I also saw what looked like two cars welded together to make a hybrid limo.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I occasionally see a pre-'90s beater, but they're getting uncommon. I imagine a lot of the marginally road worthy ones got scrapped in that Cash for Clunkers scam.
Agreed, cash 4 clunkers probably took a lot of beaters off the roads prematurely. But I don't think it was a scam. While old classics are great, old beige-mobiles are gas-swilling death traps. I would argue that they cause more accidents, more injuries, and certainly cause more traffic problems when they break down, catch on fire, etc. There should be a perpetual cash 4 clunkers program that encourages people to ditch their rolling hazards.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I see a lot of older cars around. Pretty much the only thing older than the 90's is some pimp-mobile with crazy rims on it though. Plenty from the early '00s and a few from late 90's. I drive through the nicer areas on the way to/from work though, so I see plenty of Audis, Beemers and the occasional Porshe, Ferrari or Lambo mixed in. My new Ram is a '15, but everything else we have is over 10 years old and long paid off.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Agreed, cash 4 clunkers probably took a lot of beaters off the roads prematurely. But I don't think it was a scam. While old classics are great, old beige-mobiles are gas-swilling death traps. I would argue that they cause more accidents, more injuries, and certainly cause more traffic problems when they break down, catch on fire, etc. There should be a perpetual cash 4 clunkers program that encourages people to ditch their rolling hazards.
The pre-'90s stuff is probably better off the road, but a lot of perfectly serviceable '80s and '90s autos were thrown out with the bath water.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So I was putting something in storage yesterday and stumbled upon the box my PS3 came in, but it felt heavier than an empty box should. Opened it up and found my PS2 that I couldn't recall where it got off to. Yay! Been having a blast playing some old games.

Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Ok after dealing with real life grown up stuff the past couple weeks we were able to get back to some fun!!! Took some pics for the WIP action figure movie and the prequel!!! Here is a sneak peek pic. lex corp warehouse smaller.png