What's everybody up to?

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Hey! Welcome back Bravestarr .. a lot of things change in this world, but at least you can count on the Fighting 1:18th to be a constant (time waster).

Sorry to hear about your fiance.. I remember you got engaged when you were out here in CA.. CA is evil! Hope you're doing okay, if you need to chat we (and I) are always here.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Going to see a urologist in a few. First time for that. Got some discomfort down there. Been going on for a month. Hoped it would get better on it's own. If my wang is the thing that does me in...:laugh:

I wish I could've gotten an Asian doctor....😁

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Heh, I'll bet between having no kids to interrupt, an attractive Latina wife and a man's proclivity to self service, you got lots of miles on your man junk... Haven't you seen Johnny Dangerously? :p

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
^^^ Truth. I drink more often these past few years. Loosens the old muscles and takes the edge off. Beats taking ibuprofen... at least as often... That's what I tell myself at least... :p

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Hey! Welcome back Bravestarr .. a lot of things change in this world, but at least you can count on the Fighting 1:18th to be a constant (time waster).

Sorry to hear about your fiance.. I remember you got engaged when you were out here in CA.. CA is evil! Hope you're doing okay, if you need to chat we (and I) are always here.
Yes, thank you. She got a great scholarship at one of the law schools out there, but I was not ready to make the move to LA. Too crowded and expensive for me, plus I would have to pack up all of my stuff for the move.

Things go well back here in Florida. Are you going to stay in CA for a while?

Thanks again.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Yes, thank you. She got a great scholarship at one of the law schools out there, but I was not ready to make the move to LA. Too crowded and expensive for me, plus I would have to pack up all of my stuff for the move.

Things go well back here in Florida. Are you going to stay in CA for a while?

Thanks again.
Makes sense, hard for her to turn it down, hard for you to make the journey. CA isn't all that great anyway, but we could have used more people like you! We talk about moving out of CA, but as of yet have not found a place that ticks all the boxes AND has jobs ready. Always on the lookout though. I think if my wife's job let her work out of state remote, we'd be packed up pretty quickly.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I don't fully understand it but its something to do with medical coding. She works for.. like.. a medical group.. but not an insurance company, but.. hell, I don't know. But she has to go through and verify that doctors/etc are submitting the right claims for the work they did and not trying to milk the system. She works from home M/W/F and does some on-site work T/Th right now, but previously worked 100% at home. I think she CAN do her work from anywhere really. but there are issues with having out of state workers on the payroll etc.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Just finally finished listening to (audiobooks - ain't nobody got time to actually read no more) of the One Second After trilogy. I highly recommend them all - One Second After, One Year After and The Final Day.

Excellent fiction, particularly if you like military/apocalyptic themed stuff. Also particularly well narrated on the audiobooks. Who knew Bronson Pinchow was so talented? They were also particularly enjoyable to me as most of the action takes place here in the mid-Atlantic in NC, VA and PA, in situations and places I'm rather familiar with.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I don't fully understand it but its something to do with medical coding. She works for.. like.. a medical group.. but not an insurance company, but.. hell, I don't know. But she has to go through and verify that doctors/etc are submitting the right claims for the work they did and not trying to milk the system. She works from home M/W/F and does some on-site work T/Th right now, but previously worked 100% at home. I think she CAN do her work from anywhere really. but there are issues with having out of state workers on the payroll etc.
3 of my friends wive's do that work here and have gotten each other jobs to work together. ;)

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I think you need to take some classes, get a certification, it's nothing super involved from what I know.

She makes really good money too, but she's bounced around a couple different companies the past 8 years, so she gets a bump up each time. She's the smart one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got my Sagamis from Pickel, but I failed to get any glue while I was out, so no assembly today. Also, gonna have to use the old universal mounts, there simply isn't any clearance with the JSI XM-21 subsystem. Thems, the breaks, though.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Makes sense, hard for her to turn it down, hard for you to make the journey. CA isn't all that great anyway, but we could have used more people like you! We talk about moving out of CA, but as of yet have not found a place that ticks all the boxes AND has jobs ready. Always on the lookout though. I think if my wife's job let her work out of state remote, we'd be packed up pretty quickly.
Thank you for saying that!

I don't blame you, but it's hard to separate from family. The taxes are pretty brutal there tho, so I understand why you would want to escape.

I recently saw a documentary about California's exodus. Many people are heading to places like Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada to start over.

Most who left indicated that the crime and taxes were the biggest motivators for the move.

Stay safe, and try to hang onto your money!!!

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I wouldn't say crime is an issue, at least not where I am. I still walk out at night and don't fear for my life.. and we've left the house/car unlocked so many times on accident and no issues. I actually left my keys in the car one time when we went to a soccer game.. oops.

I am sure there are bad areas, and thankfully we don't go there.

I'm pretty sure Austin has been bad for a long time.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, Austin has been a leftist cesspool since at least the '70s. Comes with having a giant fucking public university Californians will feel right at home there. To illustrate the typical Austinite, 2-3 years back some lady was bitching about how she could no longer afford the property tax on her home, yet she voted for every bicycle lane, frog day spa and interpretive dance academy for dogs that came up for a vote.