What's everybody up to?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised to learn they still used the Huey at all. I thought it was out of service 10-15 years ago.
The last flight by an Army-owned (active, reserve, etc.) bird was in 2016, shock of shocks. Most NG units divested of them at least 10 years ago.

You want some real ridiculousness? Consider the fact that they want to keep the B-52 active until sometime into the 2050s. There hasn't been a new Stratofortress built since 1962! Contrast that with the B-1Bs only having another eighteen years or so left in their service life, when they were intended to replace the B-52.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Crazy that BUFFs and Bears will likely be flying near 100 years (or longer). I suppose that it comes down to the extreme cost to replace them in a non-Cold War environments. It emphasizes just how much money was spent back in those days that the hundreds and hundreds of these were built in the first place. Yay for the Cold War military industrial complex!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
If I were a pilot, I'd be scared shitless to be assigned to an airframe that was designed and built during the Eisenhower administration. I don't care how much they've modified and retrofitted it with new tech. Those are some old damn bones, and you know something critical is going to give out after 70 years.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I'm more surprised the Air Force still is using UH-1N and not UH-1Y. The new helo looks fine.

And also amazing that the B-52s are still active (and useful).. also.. "Air Force scientists are working to arm the B-52 with defensive laser weapons able to incinerate attacking air-to-air or surface-to-air missiles." Haha.. damn. Stratofortress indeed.

Also.. on the way to work today I saw a car with the license plate "My K2SO" it was a black car with Star Wars stickers.. and the driver was a cute girl, I was kind of impressed.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I think I might be unloading 90% of my custom fodder, and even some stuff that isn't fodder. I sold a bunch of stuff to a guy on Hisstank and I started looking in my fodder box and just started pulling stuff out to throw in the box. The more I looked the more I thought I could do without. Then I found a bunch of carded figures that I've had for years and don't have any plans to do anything with....I was like, "why the Hell do I even have this?" So....into the box it goes. I'm thinking of keeping some of it to hand out for Halloween.

I'm wondering if my days of customizing are at an end? I haven't really customized a figure in months and have only one planned for the near future. What I have been working on are either vehicles or diorama pieces.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I think I might be unloading 90% of my custom fodder, and even some stuff that isn't fodder. I sold a bunch of stuff to a guy on Hisstank and I started looking in my fodder box and just started pulling stuff out to throw in the box. The more I looked the more I thought I could do without. Then I found a bunch of carded figures that I've had for years and don't have any plans to do anything with....I was like, "why the Hell do I even have this?" So....into the box it goes. I'm thinking of keeping some of it to hand out for Halloween.

I'm wondering if my days of customizing are at an end? I haven't really customized a figure in months and have only one planned for the near future. What I have been working on are either vehicles or diorama pieces.
Do you have an extra 25th Baroness?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
pscguy, I think the only Baroness I have is a movie version, and she's missing her lower arms and possibly her head.

Ed, I dunno, I just kind decided to just get rid of some stuff and that opened the flood gate. Might I need some part of it later down the road? Again, I dunno. Like I said, my customizing has tapered off and if I can find someone to pass the stuff on to, I'll go with the flow. And I don't think it's ever too late to get rid of stuff...unless you think your stuff is somehow outdated?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Regardless of it being 25th or otherwise, there's always someone out there looking for it. And if you just pass it off in one big lump and not try and get current market value, shouldn't be difficult. I posted pictures of all the stuff I wanted to unload and said "all this for $20 plus shipping" and believe me, there's plenty of stuff so I'm taking a loss...but I don't care, I'd rather relieve myself of it just sitting around.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I hate selling stuff too, especially on Ebay. That's why I did the "one lot-one price" thing. I was pretty surprised that someone offered to buy it all two hours after I first posted it.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Oh my. That's pretty impressive looking weathering for only doing panel lining.
I didn't know Tamiya produced such a product and the effects are stunning. Will definitely be adding some of that useful gunk to my cart for use on all my projects. Hell of a lot less messy than applying a full wash.

I'm sure I'll also end up with the Oshkosh MRAP kit:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Got another wedding to go to today. Gonna be sooooooo boring. Sitting at a table of HER work friends who likely only hear negative things about me. Weeeeeeeeee! :grumpy:
Yeah, those go a lot faster and are much more enjoyable when you partake. Sucks that you are obliged to go and don't look forward to it, but on the bright side, you don't have all those pesky school functions to deal with... but then again, neither do I :p.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man those kits look so nice. But the 1:18th figs look kind of comical in them. WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE SO MANY SCALES?!! Pick just one!!:shakefist:

The wedding was, not bad. Not bad at all. The work friends were all friendly and fun to talk to. If my sammich maker is telling them only bad things, they don't seem to care. After tonight I have a crush my wife's boss. 34 and a doctor. Crazy tall for a girl (5'10") and fit. Dark hair and blue eyes. Her legs are mind blowingly long. In that short skirt...😍 I'll try and remember to post a pic.

If I ever die (how you'll find out, I do not know), I'll need one of you admins to delete ALL of my content to be safe. 😁