What's everybody up to?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I’m still alive! lol! Just finished moving from Florida to Alabama in my old house while half of it is being recarpeted,painted,..then moving stuff from the other half to get that done. Pain in the butt!! 8 trips 3hours one way...gotta take shit to the dump...craziness

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
At least it’s all wrapping up! there’s finally a reachable end in my craziness! I can see a clear goal to strive for. For the last 4 years it’s been about watching and waiting for others to make moves,and riding out the wake from those moves.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Had a busy day today, mostly kid stuff. Went to an elementary school play about frontier stuff/ westward expansion, in which no whitey was demonized, btw. Daughter played Sacajawea, and had a musical solo I was unaware of. She did a nice job, very proud. The girl is fearless.

And earlier in the day, she won the school science fair for the second year in a row. Testing the efficiency of water turbines just barely edged out the kid who tested nerf darts against jello. I didn't think turbines were quite as fun as powering LEDs with potatoes like last year, but she beat the nerf kid by a single point in the judging. Her little asian rival that she squeaked past last year came in third today. She likes beating him most of all.

So all that being said, I'm putting today firmly in the "win" column.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Been keeping busy at work, spending my normal browsing 'down' time with a spreadsheet I'm working on to hopefully prove they've been holding out on money they owe me.. but to do it I need to go through and copy details on like 1,400 customer records so it's taking some time.. but hopefully it'll end up meaning extra cash in the pocket every month.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Is that Sky Striker worth $160? I mean, it is shiny, but it's a new one-seater. Don't know how difficult that would be to fix. Plus, it has those huge roundels on the wings that are facing the WRONG WAY. God only knows what the other sticker applications look like. There could be too many things that plane to de-fuck for that price.

Or is that the generic photo, and it has the stickers on a sheet?

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Never saw anything from the Club that was worth their prices to me. I'd say the Sgt. Slaughter was the closest they got to getting my money. That was a Club offering, wasn't it?

Thinking back, that might have been SDCC... Same same. Was unhooded Jinx a Club offering or a Con exclusive? Those two tempted me.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Lately been outta toys. My barge showed up,and haven’t opened it. I’ll if I will either.

Lifted one of my trucks,and put off road tires on it! Also,found a lot of good parts at the wrecking yards in Alabama. The best part of this area is their you pull it type places! plan to look at another 1500 Silverado in Mississippi today(bad transmission),and a 3500 Silverado(bad ECM) Monday. The 3500 I’ll turn into my mule,and use to trailer disabled vehicles. right now I’m using a 1500,and pulling another Silverado on a trailer is tuff on it,lol. Want to start buying Toyota’s to fix,but unfortunately they’re all wrecked! There’s no such thing as a late model that needs mechanical repairs either...they just don’t exist? Idk for something that “lasts forever” where are they at? I rarely see any Toyota over 10years old!! Can’t find them Brie,can’t find used parts!! Don’t even see them for sake,don’t see them on the roads either!! But Chevrolet and Ford go back 30? there’s serious profits to be made with foolish people buying import cars tho,and I want in!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Um, have you guys seen these? They are pretty cool. I (regrettably?) talked myself out of them at Target. But they are 1:18th in the most perfect way. Couple these with some of those 1:18th scale bicycles...too cool! I can't even imagine being a kid and having a figure of myself.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,I’ve seen them. You did good talking yourself out of buying them tho,because they’re cheap AF on eBay! They where also $9 at TRU closing,and around $12 on eBay per set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Action-Figure-Stranger-Things-3PK-Pack-1-Collectible/273732559803?hash=item3fbbbb63bb:g:qMIAAOSwIAdcdbBD

The old Toyota’s get sent down to Mexico. I know that’s where my dad’s Back to the Future truck ended up.

I wouldn’t open that barge either after seeing the eBay prices. Goddamn goldmine.
That makes sense. It’s difficult to locate any used import truck in distress. I purchased an engine&trans from a roll over Titian at a pull a part for a few hundred bucks,and Gabe been looking for one to stab it into with no luck...

Yeah,I’m gonna sell my barge on eBay. I think I’ll list it locally first,hopefully someone wants to save on shipping,and make it easy on me too! The box is huge!! it’s weighty too...probably expensive AF to ship.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Um, have you guys seen these? They are pretty cool. I (regrettably?) talked myself out of them at Target. But they are 1:18th in the most perfect way. Couple these with some of those 1:18th scale bicycles...too cool! I can't even imagine being a kid and having a figure of myself.

Yup, seen 'em. They did the kids from It, too. Saw these at Barnes and Noble, and they actually look pretty good.
{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584413736019281&psc=1

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Opryland resort is nice. It used to be attached to Opryland theme park, kinda Six-Flags-esque. Then, after Dollywood started doing the theme park business better and stealing all their customers, they decided they could make more money having conventions and just demolished the rides and built more hotels and ballrooms. Go figure.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I haven't been to Nashville in almost.. shoot, 20 years. I think it was 2000 last time I was there. I was amazed how small it was (Coming from the never ending Los Angeles).

Looked it up.. I was there on July 31st and August 1st, 2000. I was there with a band for the Warped Tour at "AmSouth Amphitheater". Heh.

It seemed nice though, got a speeding ticket on the 65 headed down towards Alabama if I'm remembering right.. dagnab coppers. That was a crazy 6 days.

August 1, 2000 Nashville, Tennessee AmSouth Amphitheatre
August 3, 2000 Houston, Texas Astro Arena
August 4, 2000 Dallas, Texas Starplex Amphitheatre
August 5, 2000 San Antonio, Texas Sunken Gardens
August 6, 2000 El Paso, Texas El Paso County Coliseum

I think we left Santa Barbara, CA in the afternoon on July 30th, drive straight across to Nashville.. 22 hours in the car! I just did the math.. that's an average of 95 miles per hour.. haha I was tearing ass the whole damn way. I had a girl with me who drove a couple of hours in the middle so I could sleep. We got in on the 31st at night I think.. or morning? I don't remember.. did setup the next day and then just kept driving. Was a crazy ass trip, good thing I was young.

We hit up New Orleans for some fried chicken on our way to Houston. All I remember from Houston in August was it was fucking humid, it was hot, then it rained, and still was hot, and the weird freeways were like a giant oval around the city. Dallas was nice. San Antonio seemed pretty normal. El Paso was weird, I did coke there and lost my mind for a bit.

Ahhh fun times.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's wild that you were in Houston the first week of Aug 2000. That's the week I was packing up to leave for Raleigh. It was hot as balls that week, 108 in the shade. My dad, grandfather, and I were loading my '69 charger onto a car trailer to take back to TN, and it was so hot that none of us could lie on the pavement to hook up the axle straps.

The weather that exact week convinced me I was doing the right thing...