What's everybody up to?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Well, I certainly don't do it for the attention. Never attended a show, joined a club, or want anyone NEAR my car. And I don't race at stoplights or anything stupid like that. I simply love the sound of a V8, the torque of a V8, and I have a constant smirk just knowing that I could smoke most everything on the road. I don't need to prove it in daily dick-measuring contests with teens cruising in dad's mustang.

I love just finding a gap and standing on it, feeling the horses pull relentlessly, continuing to accelerate hard, only letting up when I run out of room or nerve, never car. THAT's the rush. Otherwise, I drive like an old lady, constantly being passed by Camrys and Altimas. I have nothing to prove. I just REALLY like knowing it's there if/when I need it. It's very much the "speak softly and carry a big stick" mentality.
This. All of this. Bolded for emphasis. The engine just rumbling sitting at the light, lumping, barely containing the monster that wants to be freed and the sound of the roar when it is. The torque. Mmm MMM! Feeling those Gs pushing you back into the seat. Going where you want to go the instant you want to go there while everyone else's cars are still thinking about getting the gears going to prevent you from going there. Someone wants to be an inconsiderate dick? Too bad, I'm there before you even had time to think about not letting me in. I don't need a horn to wake up sleeping phone fags at the light, I just wake them up with a V8 bark. And there is NOTHING better than the tires breaking loose when you floor it on the expressway when you're already going 75. *evil grin*

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The real trouble comes when they hit 38, aren't quite as tight, perky, and vibrant... and people start treating them like everyone else. They don't know what the hell to do. They think people are mean, when in reality, people are just no longer giving them the hot-girl treatment they enjoyed for 20+ years. Real life's a bitch.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. hence the rise of plastic surgery. If you can look 35 for 15 years you push out those bad feelings!

Granted, there is a chance you come off looking like a Muppet.. but dark times call for dark measures.

Men definitely have an advantage in the 2nd half of the life game, somehow we get better looking with age, and people care less about women (since there are younger better ones out there now).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Men's value is providing for a family (traditionally). Women's value is her beauty. Since men tend to earn more the older they get, men get more valuable with age. Since women get less attractive with age, women get less valuable with age. Thems the breaks.

It also helps that getting older, we look more manly, which chicks dig. Chicks tend to look more womanly, which, unfortunately for them, men do not dig. 😂

Then there's the boring subconscious biological reasons.

Lesson for women? Stop wasting your diminishing market value! Nail down a QUALITY man while you're worth something.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Stefan breaks this down extremely well in a number of his videos. It all makes sense and works near flawlessly, and has for eons... until nefarious people in power start messing with the natural motivators that help to drive the pair-bonding family system.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
There's always that dude and/or that girl that will find that other person attractive... Getting him/her to stick around can be the tough part though. But if they're willing to particpate, and you are both decent human beings (and at least one of you can cook :p), it's really not that tough.

When people refuse to put even a modicum of effort into nurturing a relationship, the results speak for themselves. At least there's Papa EBT to the rescue...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You only care about a woman's looks you evil pig of a man! I'm about to be triggered!
Oh gawd no, you crazy manipulated feminist. But if i'm not first attracted to the packaging, I don't care whats on the inside. Alternatively, if I'm attracted to the outside, but what's on the inside is terrible, the looks don't matter.

Now head back to off to trying to destroy society because you aren't happy with your lot in life, miserable waif.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Heh, I watched it when it was on last night. Compared to Attack of the Clones (on earlier today), it is superior in every way. Why was/is it so hard for them to recapture the feel and magic of the OT and RO in the prequels and sequels? I even hate every change Lucas made to the OT...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I saw Solo for the first time yesterday, and I liked it far more than Rogue One. RO looked good, but the story was just... meh for what should have been an epic tale, and the characters were all so unlikable. I never could figure out who I was supposed to enjoy in RO, as they were all so broken, angry, and generally not great people. I wasn't all that sad when they died.

Conversely, Solo had that great OT feel, and the characters felt natural, likable, and overall more enjoyable (except for Lando's snarky fembot who I could have done without). Overall I really enjoyed Solo, by far my favorite non-OT film in the franchise.

However I was a bit disappointed/confused when I saw Maul. When did he glue his two halves back together? I know it happened once in the comics that have since been disavowed by disney, but aside from the opening scene, I had this pegged as taking place predominantly after TPM when Maul should be dead. There's no way Han is 30 years older than Luke, which he would have to be if Maul isn't yet sliced in two. It's a nitpick given the extremely minor role he plays in the film, but it just didn't seem consistent at all. I sure this was all dissected by SW nerds two years ago, and I should just google it.

EDIT: Yeah, I googled it, and apparently the comics and some animated appearances have him in there with robot legs. It happened in the comics that "don't count". Ugh, make up your f#$%ing mind Disney.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I saw Solo for the first time yesterday, and I liked it far more than Rogue One. RO looked good, but the story was just... meh for what should have been an epic tale, and the characters were all so unlikable. I never could figure out who I was supposed to enjoy in RO, as they were all so broken, angry, and generally not great people. I wasn't all that sad when they died.

Conversely, Solo had that great OT feel, and the characters felt natural, likable, and overall more enjoyable (except for Lando's snarky fembot who I could have done without). Overall I really enjoyed Solo, by far my favorite non-OT film in the franchise.

However I was a bit disappointed/confused when I saw Maul. When did he glue his two halves back together? I know it happened once in the comics that have since been disavowed by disney, but aside from the opening scene, I had this pegged as taking place predominantly after TPM when Maul should be dead. There's no way Han is 30 years older than Luke, which he would have to be if Maul isn't yet sliced in two. It's a nitpick given the extremely minor role he plays in the film, but it just didn't seem consistent at all. I sure this was all dissected by SW nerds two years ago, and I should just google it.

EDIT: Yeah, I googled it, and apparently the comics and some animated appearances have him in there with robot legs. It happened in the comics that "don't count". Ugh, make up your f#$%ing mind Disney.
We told ya so. :pirate:

Solo is just too damn much fun to be hated.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
My man! Well, I still think Rogue One is a great tragedy tale.. it's certainly not a fun romp, but I enjoyed it for what it was.. in the darkest time of the saga.

SOLO.. yeah it's just fun.. it'd old-school, OT saga level of fun. It's not super big or super impactful or anything, but it's got a fun space adventure story, sprinkled in with good OT nostalgia and some info tidbits.

And yes, Maul has a whole arc outside of Episode 1.. which is actually pretty good, and very Star Wars-ian. He has a final showdown/rematch with a certain somehow and it's very cool.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Rouge One is one of the few films that seems to get better with every viewing. Solo is fun & like every other SW film does not deserve the hate directed at it. But it sadly did suffer due to TLJ. The Robot is fun as long as you know its a self refering joke, many disagree with me & think its a Fem Revolution or whatevers. :poop:

Maul has been running around in the clone wars series & Rebels & at this point I suspect Maul & Vader will somehow have a duel in episodes 10-15 because dead is just somewhat deadish.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Drone shopping. Seems like a good hobby to do as robot geeky hubby and photo obsessed wife. I can’t believe how far they have come in the past few years. The damn thing folds into pocket size yet can fly itself and use TV lock-on guidance like a damn Maverick missile.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
My brother in law has one of the expensive Mavic ones.. damn thing can fly super super far away, we could barely see it with our eyes. Lots of fun potential.

However, our neighbor has one and flies it all the time and it's really annoying. Always seems to be flying around when we're in our backyard.