What's everybody up to?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
My brother in law has one of the expensive Mavic ones.. damn thing can fly super super far away, we could barely see it with our eyes. Lots of fun potential.

However, our neighbor has one and flies it all the time and it's really annoying. Always seems to be flying around when we're in our backyard.
I can barely see my nearest neighbor's house...

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It's because the operators are pervs. "What? What? I dindu nuffins! It's just a coincidence that I was flying around while your bikinied 14 year old daughter is tanning."

Yes, yes. I know. #NotAllOperators 😏

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Dude. He was young, right? (Like younger than most of us)
Yeah I think he was born in 1990, so he'd be (fingers and toes math..) 28/29? That's really young (comparatively).

I see he had a couple different facebook accounts, and I was friends with one of them.. but haven't seen any posts. He was MMorelock66 here I think.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I remember him too! He started out doing 1:18th customs, then branched out into NECA sized stuff at which point he left here. I'm trying to remember......didn't he have some big life issue....something with his mother maybe? He had to quit school and go out and get a job fairly young, take care of his brother as well? Although that wouldn't make much sense if he has a father as was indicated earlier, unless he wasn't around or couldn't help for whatever reason.

Rest in peace Matt, and thanks for your time here on this board with us. :(

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Oh, man. I love BBQ! Our favorite is down in W'burg. Was just down there on Sunday (with leftovers Monday) and had some amazing brisket. My mouth waters just thinking back to it. Looking forward to being down there again next weekend for some more.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Learning how to operate a gps piloted drone along with how to read FAA maps and file flight plans. I definitely bit off a large chunk with this new hobby, but all will be worth it if open conflict breaks out in the streets. Pocket sized 4K eye in the sky at 2 clicks.

BCDC2216-25FB-44D5-9788-D783C54EA041.jpeg

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Let's be honest. If all goes well this next year and the wife and I actually learn how to use the thing for photography, it won't be long before we buy the big boy who can fly 4 miles at +50mph, has 360 obstacle detection and stays in the air for 30 minutes.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Oh, man. I love BBQ! Our favorite is down in W'burg. Was just down there on Sunday (with leftovers Monday) and had some amazing brisket. My mouth waters just thinking back to it. Looking forward to being down there again next weekend for some more.
Brisket! Exactly what I was looking forward to and got. "Can I get the fatty cuts?" 😍 We went to different BBQ place today so I got a sandwich instead...brisket dip. 😁

...but all will be worth it if open conflict breaks out in the streets.
Will it still work if cell service do not?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Will it still work if cell service do not?
Yes. I will definitely be looking at 3rd party flight control software since obviously the first thing that would happen when the zombies come is cell and gps will be cut and I’m sure DJI software wouldn’t let you get it off the ground. That’s all an afterthought for the future though since first I must master legal flying. Just another toy that becomes a tool in the kit if shit hits the fan. I seem to do the same thing when buying shoes/clothes as I want them to be useful in the woods. Completely obsessed with Merrell and Eddie Bauer these past several years.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Brisket! Exactly what I was looking forward to and got. "Can I get the fatty cuts?" 😍 We went to different BBQ place today so I got a sandwich instead...brisket dip. 😁
One of my biggest quandaries when I go to my favorite BBQ joint: Brisket platter or brisket sandwich? Their sandwich is a variation on a cheesesteak. Oh so good with sauce to my heart’s content. Yum...

...I seem to do the same thing when buying shoes/clothes as I want them to be useful in the woods. Completely obsessed with Merrell and Eddie Bauer these past several years.
Funny, I’m much the same. Nearly all my pants (save for some of the dressier stuff) are woods suitable. I’ve also acquired a buttload of camo pants/shirts/etc. of all kinds, boots and other sorts of hunting/woodsy/tactical goodies as my favorite tactical websites have super sales and clearances.

I love the look of the Merrells and Lowas, but can’t justify the cost for them. I keep hoping for a clearance (in my size/width) or something because they are very cool looking, and I’m sure very functional. Most of my boots are Reebok, Converse or Magnum. Eddie Bauer is also way rich for my taste, and typically doesn’t carry the tall stuff I need anyway. I’m much more about Propper and Tru-Spec.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
One of my biggest quandaries when I go to my favorite BBQ joint: Brisket platter or brisket sandwich? Their sandwich is a variation on a cheesesteak. Oh so good with sauce to my heart’s content. Yum...

Funny, I’m much the same. Nearly all my pants (save for some of the dressier stuff) are woods suitable. I’ve also acquired a buttload of camo pants/shirts/etc. of all kinds, boots and other sorts of hunting/woodsy/tactical goodies as my favorite tactical websites have super sales and clearances.

I love the look of the Merrells and Lowas, but can’t justify the cost for them. I keep hoping for a clearance (in my size/width) or something because they are very cool looking, and I’m sure very functional. Most of my boots are Reebok, Converse or Magnum. Eddie Bauer is also way rich for my taste, and typically doesn’t carry the tall stuff I need anyway. I’m much more about Propper and Tru-Spec.
I have an Eddie Bauer outlet, so all dress shirts and flannels are $25. Just can’t beat the quality for that price. Merrells I buy when I need shoes every 4yrs or so and usually with a gift card from work. No way I’m spending that much out of my pocket, but damn are they worth it. They run .5-1 size too small though which makes online ordering a pita.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wow, that thing is seriously stable, and a good picture at HD like you said. And holy carbon copy neighborhood though, Batman! Don’t those people know diversity is our strength? At least their street is artificially windy, but dang, how about at least a little color, people!