What's everybody up to?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The crazy thing is that you get use to it and tune it out for the most part.

In a recent study by a Vanderbilt University hearing and speech scientist, cicadas in Tennessee reached as high as 88 decibels. That’s roughly the equivalent of a food blender, meaning that those living in areas where the cicadas are densely populated should expect a noise nuisance.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I remember once as a little kid, we had a tree in our yard that was literally covered top to bottom with their skins. That must have been a hell of a year as I have not seen that repeated. Luckily we don't seem to have them on a level that is craze inducing....or we're simply used to them.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I guess we don't have demon noise bugs in Kalifornia.
No you do not. My first summer here fresh from the left coast was shock and awe since it's impossible to comprehend. As I sit in my modern office building made of brick, I can hear the droning of the klaxon thru the air tight window every bit as loud as the AC system above my head. You just cannot escape them.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Can you not.. kill them? Agent Orange? Seems like it if was that bad people would find a way to exterminate them!
Once a year MILLIONS of them crawl out of the ground, shed their underground skins for their flying skins and then fly around for a few days screeching & humping without eating until they drop dead. Then you have the black ones with red eyes that come up every 17 years to add to the chaos so nuking them from orbit isn't going to buy you much relief.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
The Flash drive dog tab I used to use for keeping hobby related projects & tranfering them from home/work/other. It was the 1 drive at work I'd never try to put work stuff on. (For fear of some a hole not giving it back.)

Reguardless of what I just said, it helped me out a few times at work when I needed a drive.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Very nice. I’m missing the flash drive since I was awol during that time.
I am sure I have some floating around somewhere. I'll find one and send it to you.

We had some cool shit!

I wonder where my shirt is? MAJOR BLOOD made it for Comic con and had the M1A1 rolling over a Hiss tank.. god we were so petty back then!

Glad to see all that goodness HeelJoe! What # is the coin?

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
We had some cool shit!

Glad to see all that goodness HeelJoe! What # is the coin?
#30 which was my age at the time, went with that as #10 my fav number was taken. My wife still wears my t-shirt, albeit as a pj top, and the sweater is kicking around in the back of the wardrobe somewhere.

I’ve been mainly in 1:6 recently but since clearing out my garage and going through my 1:18 boxes... I might slowly creep back.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
#30 which was my age at the time, went with that as #10 my fav number was taken. My wife still wears my t-shirt, albeit as a pj top, and the sweater is kicking around in the back of the wardrobe somewhere.

I’ve been mainly in 1:6 recently but since clearing out my garage and going through my 1:18 boxes... I might slowly creep back.
This isn't a 1:18th site, it's a place for all things Brexit and Trump just like the rest of the internet these days. ;)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Don't forget robots, legos, and football.

Yeah, 1:18th has taken a backseat around here... but I blame that more on the state of the industry than the site or it's membership. If 4" figures were going strong, I suspect they'd have a stronger presence around here. As we've aged, we might not be feverishly into it, like NSA discharging himself from the hospital to go hunt for Retaliation Troopers and Pit Commandos, but I can imagine many of us would still be making room for more cool toys.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
There are multiple cycles going on at any one time but the green camo dudes are annual and come in significant numbers for 3 weeks each August.
Wow, that sucks. I’ve never lived anywhere that has significant annual cycles. I’m not sure we have more than some odd stragglers here in VA. I think even in the “bad” years I’ve only seen a few extra around.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Just watching the circle of life off my front porch.
WTF kind of snake is THAT?! I don't think we have those. Just black snakes, chicken snakes, and the occasional copperhead. That thing looks dangerous.

I'm not afraid of snakes per se, as in I don't scream like a girl and run away... but I would wish them away into the cornfield if I could. I have cats for rodent control. I don't need what they're selling.

Snakes... the only thing I hate more than clowns.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Just a small Garter snake. Definitely looks scarier than the black Garter/Ribbon snakes we had in Seattle, but basically the same thing. He gave up trying to swallow the toad after 45min, so I removed him to the tall grass and gave the toad a place to shake it off.

3E906683-FF0A-425B-A632-1CCAADF6F23D.jpeg