What's everybody up to?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
This isn't looking good. First Ed, now K....I hope we aren't losing them.
Like monkey wrench before them I will just start a rumor that they are finally getting laid & have no time for “these” toys.

Also if I ever stop posting it’s because I hired a blonde & redhead for the full night of services. Dressed them in leather & told them don’t hold back .... at my age there is no way I will survive that.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha.. yeah we need to start a group check-in service to make sure we're all alive.

K has been gone a while. Texas has had a lot of events lately..

Hopefully Eddie comes back too!

At some point we'll just be screeching into the void! I might have to let the spambots in to keep me company.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Are these things easy to fly? I have an anniversary coming up with my employer and I get to pick from a book what I'd like for a gift. One of the items is a pretty nice looking drone. Problem is, I'm getting less and less tech savy as the days go by.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The DJI Mavic models are incredibly easy to fly with their GPS and crash sensors, allowing them to stay in the air exactly where you leave them until the battery runs out. If anything happens with the signal or you are too lazy to bring it home, it'll fly back and land within 2ft of where it took off.

This sounds all fine and dandy, but because they are full fledged intelligent robots, the software is immensely deep with options. You have to have a check list before you hit the take off button to insure it is connected to enough satellites, it knows where it is taking off from, you have clearance if in a restricted fly zone, the return to home altitude is set appropriately for the area you are flying and that the compass is calibrated. It's not a toy and it will take me at least another year of flying before I feel like I have a comfortable grip on operating it. Then maybe I can learn how to use the camera and it's 100 layers of ISO, frame rate, etc options. I swear the damn thing is smarter than me and it's a 2nd job to learn how to fly it right, but the $1000 investment flying 400ft in the air a mile away certainly gives you reason to learn your shit and pay attention to detail on every flight.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's dark.. here is the text

PG&E is anticipating widespread, strong and dry winds this week. Starting Wednesday, they are considering turning off power for safety to parts of California, including the Bay Area. So here are a few things you can do to help get through a power shutdown:
• If you come home and everything is dark and nothing works, then yes, you are experiencing a power shutdown. Remain calm. Use your cell phone light to search frantically for the one flashlight you think you have in the house. It will be dead of course. Search for batteries. You will need four but only find three.
• Wish you had charged your cell phone. Plug your phone into the charger but then say to yourself, “duh the power is out.”
• Charge up those portable phone chargers tonight. However, keep in mind, should your teen’s phone run out of battery it could be a good thing. Watching them go through Tik-Tok or Instagram withdrawals could be good entertainment. Heck, it could even put them dangerously close to having to read a book by flashlight or doing something creative.
• Please do not call 911 and ask when the power will come back on. Our dispatchers are very good but they cannot see into the future. They will tell you they do not know and then disconnect so they can answer the other hundred calls from people asking about the power being out.
• Keep your freezer and refrigerator doors closed to keep food from spoiling. If you have teenagers this may be difficult so speak loudly but slowly to them so they understand. You may need to hang a sign on the doors as well. Use big letters.
• Use food supplies that do not require refrigeration. We think potato chips, Twinkies, Oreos, and peanut butter might be a good start! Okay, maybe throw an apple or an avocado in there, too.
• You will need a plan to keep medicines refrigerated or power-dependent medical devices working.
• PG&E suggests you turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment or electronics. Power may return with momentary “surges” or “spikes” that may cause damage.
• DO NOT use generators, camp stoves, or charcoal grills indoors. Carbon monoxide fumes can be deadly. Moreover, never use a gas stove top or oven to heat your home. Do what your mom used to tell you to do: Put on a sweater.
• Check on your neighbors. Even the one whose dog barks all night. And the other one who always parks in front of your house.
Is that a real police department? I can never tell anymore. Funny though!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Where have you been? Boom sticks are prohibited in California. I'm sure the criminals are on board with it, so it should be home defense table knives vs. assault table knives, right? Like in London... :troll: