What's everybody up to?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Another fire by me last night, thankfully they squashed it pretty quick, A big one a little further away though really took off over night.

It's weird, we've had the Santa Ana "Devil Winds".. like forever, but I don't remember it causing multiple fires every single time. GLOBALWARMING

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Just got back from FL. After a week, I'm glad to be home. FL is nice in small doses, but I'm just as glad to leave. The seafood is superb, the kids love the sand, and I like having time to read an honest to goodness book. But after a week of traffic, extreme heat, and having sand everywhere... I'm looking forward to sleeping my own bed.

Between wrecks and construction in 'Bama, traffic was rough coming home. But I gotta get ready b/c my old roomie from TX and his wife are dropping by tomorrow to hang out. I'm dead tired, but I can't wait to see them and catch up. We don't get to see them nearly enough.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Send it to me, I'll check it out for you.

2 more days of work, and the Hawaii for a week! Gonna be interesting going with the whole family this time. 5 hour flight with a 1 1/2 year old :(

Doing the mad-dash of trying to get everything tied up at work and home before we leave though.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Ok, this was weird. Does anyone remember the cartoon "Rockos Modern Life" from Nickelodeon back in the 90's? Netflix decided to make a mini movie from it, same characters, voices, etc. My youngest son and I were watching it the other day, not much to say, Anyway, the weird part...they go looking for this one character and it's a guy, but when they find him, he tells them that HE is now a SHE.

Que needle scratching on record

WTF? This one thing brought it all to a screeching stop in my head. It was just so....out of the flow for the whole thing, was it really necessary to have this character change sexes? Is SJW/all-inclusive culture at work here?

I know it's just a cartoon and I'm not complaining....it was just so, weird.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Not trying to go all :tinfoil:, but it is freaking everywhere in entertainment lately. Whether it's concerted or just everybody taking every opportunity to virtue signal that they're so woke, it's endemic. And it's boring and it just makes drama for the sake of drama. So annoying.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The Connors is REALLY PUSHING THE TRANS KID this season. It's almost unwatchable if not for Dan and Peg Bundy. Every show and movie has to include something off the SJW spectrum and beat the drum hard otherwise they are shunned like The Joker. Everyone might know someone who is gay, but they are not in EVERY family and not a single goddamn person who is not trans knows someone who is, yet trans everywhere on the screen. ugh...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, enjoy the heck out of it! But... the plane ride back is the hard one. Nobody is having fun returning to the real world. I remember from years ago when we went last. It was a party flight going over and a bummer coming back.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I don't live near the ocean, but there really is something about being at the ocean there. We spent some time at Ko Olina while we were there, and it was amazing! I've been to a few different beaches before and since, and nothing quite compared. We really did not want to come home, despite the crazy cost of living (and that was more than 15 years ago). My wallet is already weeping at the thought of going there next year.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The ocean by me normally looks ok.. and is fine in the summer, but it's usually in the 50s and 60s. So it's pretty cold if you get in. The air temp keeps it refreshing but it's not really nice to stay in for a long time.

Here on Maui it's between 70-80 degrees so it's like a nice pool for the most part all the time. The water isn't quite crystal bahamas clear where we are, but you can see in it and see fish swimming around and snorkeling is nice right off the hotel here. Hopefully going later or this weekend.

I took this is right off the condo we're staying at, makes you not want to leave.. until you realize the jobs suck and everything is stupid expensive lol.

BeachVista01.jpg

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I spent a lot of time finding the exact ones on Etsy to just have the thin outline and the copper color to match the car's accents. Kinda amazing how they do not even show up at an angle due to the reflection or straight on from further than 15ft.

BD7F18D9-1C15-4E86-B7C3-00CB6A37F640.jpeg

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I’m old school stickers (non removable) devalue the car. I also can’t take seriously the political opinion of anyone that still has a bumper sticker of the losing side of the election 8 years later.

Do like the Autobot sticker. Didn’t notice it at first & thought I was missing a car joke.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
vinyl on glass is the only way I'll go. No way I'm putting anything on paint, unless it's vinyl striping or a wrap.

My theory of stickers is that less is more. Sure, absolutely none is boring, but more than a couple that can be seen from a single vantage-point is cluttered and distracting. Some people don't know how to prioritize. We don't need to know about every band, sports team, hunting/fishing-gear-brand, or politician you've ever supported, and one-per-genre is more than sufficient.

Stick to the important highlights. It's a car, not a scrap-book.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
So my wife surprised me with a little something...

View attachment 12789
Because nothing says "Christmas" like a giant dog-shaped tool of oppression and destruction!

FYI, that's pretty cool.

HOWEVER, you need to tell her you require 8 more of them and a sled for the front yard... :pirate:

EDIT: like this, only larger!
1573140075852.png

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
OMG that is huge.. do they have an inflatable Snowspeeder?
No, I looked. I’m going to see if they make those crappy 12” figures of snow troopers though. Since it’s only printed on one side (cheap bastards) it means it has to face directly at the neighbor’s porch, so I’ll make it look like we are invading them since both of us had so much fun competing with Halloween decorations.