What's everybody up to?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Back at ya, boss!

4-day weekend for me, not leaving the farm if I can help it. The fam and I are heading up the hill to my parents' house for thanksgiving dinner, very low-key. Will definitely watch football... because there won't be much else to do.

Black friday is a madhouse I prefer to avoid. Aside from some online shopping, I'll be staying put. I need to save a bundle on a nintendo switch system and a pile of games. The boy has staked his entire christmas wish-list on acquiring one. But it'll be a chore to find a deal and be sure that it's the new revision with vastly improved battery life. Most of the black-friday bundles I see are the older, gimpy version.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Took a half day today. Not going back until Monday. Hunting again tomorrow morning. An old friend coming down to visit by sometime in the afternoon. The rest of the long weekend should casually involve eating, drinking and shooting. Should be a nice time!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Back at ya, boss!

4-day weekend for me, not leaving the farm if I can help it. The fam and I are heading up the hill to my parents' house for thanksgiving dinner, very low-key. Will definitely watch football... because there won't be much else to do.

Black friday is a madhouse I prefer to avoid. Aside from some online shopping, I'll be staying put. I need to save a bundle on a nintendo switch system and a pile of games. The boy has staked his entire christmas wish-list on acquiring one. But it'll be a chore to find a deal and be sure that it's the new revision with vastly improved battery life. Most of the black-friday bundles I see are the older, gimpy version.
I am in the market for a Switch/Lite also and unfortunately Nintendo came out and said no hardware discounts this year. I can’t even find one where the store tosses in a flash drive or gift card for free.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah Nintendo knows they don't need to discount to move units.. crafty japs! Might find some game deals or 2 for 1 or something but that's about it.

Kids looooooooove the switch. I've had one since launch and I've always thought it was just OK since none of the games really appeal to me.. but the kids are in love with it. I need to get the updated one at some point, as ours has been beat up.

Thankgiving was fine, only had 2 arguments with the wife over stupid stuff, so that was good. Got to watch at least part of all the football games, also nice. Family dinner was fine, not great this year.. they went heavy on "fancy" sides instead of staples (carrots, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc), but the turkey was smoked and was very good.

Probably will buy a few things I don't need on sale today, but no plans to get anything at the moment.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Had a good T Day, didn’t eat too too much. Fell asleep watching Toy Story 4 for the third time with the family last night. Got up early to chase a crazy good Black Friday special on a hunting rifle at Cabela’s, only to have them sell out of it before they got to us. :mad: Got the chainsaw I wanted, came home and went online to find anything close to what we missed out on. Low and behold, I go to Cabela’s website and they have a fully equivalent version (with a different camo finish) for the same price, with the same rebate. Heck, if I had known that would be available online, no way I’d have been up early, waiting in line for a couple hours like that. Oh, well. The outcome was just as good in the end. :D(y).

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Walmart had a Switch console-game-accessory bundle going for a bit, but I missed out on it.
If it was the Mario Kart 8 bundle, be glad you missed it. It was the original variant with shitty battery life. You want the one that has the red-only background on the box, an (-01) model number, and an XKW serial number.

nintendo switch - upgraded model identification #1.JPG

nintendo switch - upgraded model identification #2.JPG

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
How the hell is Zelda still full price 2 years later?!?
I know, right? The released a new LoZ title two months ago, damn it.

If it was the Mario Kart 8 bundle, be glad you missed it. It was the original variant with shitty battery life. You want the one that has the red-only background on the box, an (-01) model number, and an XKW serial number.

View attachment 12827

View attachment 12828
Fuck, wish I had seen this earlier. Got one for the niece and already shipped it off.