What's everybody up to?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA

My parents live with us so we made our way down to their apartment to have some ice cream with Grandma. Otherwise, it was a pretty typical weekend day for us. My wife has discovered buying and selling furniture on the Facebook, and in such seems to be trying to completely wear me out at a (relatively) young age moving all kind of heavy crap around. I've already invested in one of those lifting braces to try and keep things in the lower back and front from exploding from it. 🏋️‍♂️

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm a firm believer that no one over the age of 30 should do any heavy lifting unless they do it for a living and are used to it. If you sit in an office and then suddenly try to do some random power lifting, you're going to majorly regret it. It's a great way to f#$% up your back... and for what?

I'm sure I've had some people that work for us that are older than me just think I'm lazy or too stuck up for physical labor, but I'm not getting hurt just to prove something. I'll swing a hammer, dig a ditch, or operate a bobcat when necessary, but heavy lifting is a hard pass.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Lol, I keep telling my wife she's trying to wreck me. I think after moving the china cabinet, the giant corner armoire and a few sofas (a couple with sleepers), love seats and chairs, I've survived the onslaught, with only a slightly pulled something in my abdomen (thus the wrap/brace purchase). I'm hoping all the heaviest stuff is behind me, and whoever shows up to buy our sofas (including the "beast" sleeper), will bring their own labor.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Ah, c'mon guys! We did our entire move just 2-1/2 years ago (me at 42 then). 'Course I put the whole family, and occasionally some buddies to work helping ...and my back is almost fully recovered now!!! 😬

Nah, never anything beyond some occasional sore muscles for the most part, but we were able to take a very slow pace with it all (Pods), and had about a 3 month respite between loading and unloading, and then a trickle pace (another 6 months while renovations were happening) of moving things into the house from the garage once we were in. But I was never so glad (as were my muscles) when we finally had everything in and could use the garage for... cars!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Last two times we moved, we had "movers". A friend of the family is the local fire chief, so he's always got his guys doing moving, mowing yards, all that jazz as a side hustle to get them some extra spending money. Firemen make short work of heavy furniture.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
They're aware it's common knowledge their spam is crap, but they're just looking for that needle in a haystack. And deep in your soul, you just know that Jettits has bought black-market boner pills...
It's the only thing keeping his F-14 in the air these days I bet!

Bots: “More coverage (of any kind), more selling of my cheapo Chinese ladies’ wear...”
Go on.... :D

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderDan19

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm a firm believer that no one over the age of 30 should do any heavy lifting unless they do it for a living and are used to it. If you sit in an office and then suddenly try to do some random power lifting, you're going to majorly regret it. It's a great way to f#$% up your back... and for what?......
This is me right now. 47 years old, spent the last 20 years working behind a desk, and now I'm moving all sorts of stuff hither and yond.

• Wow
Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The final deep breath before the plunge.. we're moving on Friday.. so trying to get all the odds and ends together ahead of time. I am sure it's going to be a mad crazy day.

Not looking forward to moving the fish/fish tank.

We stopped by the new place over the weekend and it was a mess.. hopefully they got it all cleaned up in time for us to move in. The pool looked nice though!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Fish tanks are the worst to move since they require a very specific sequence of steps that cannot be altered, hurried or interrupted. Just a huge chunk of time that nobody has on move day.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Fish tanks are the worst to move since they require a very specific sequence of steps that cannot be altered, hurried or interrupted. Just a huge chunk of time that nobody has on move day.
I know. I really only have like 4 or 5 of the fish I really want to make it.. but I feel too bad 'accidentally' killing the rest.

We go over today to make sure it's getting cleaned and new carpets put in right.. still feels weird selling our house since we put so much damn work into this place.. but it will be nice to have more space and a pool.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The final deep breath before the plunge.. we're moving on Friday.. so trying to get all the odds and ends together ahead of time. I am sure it's going to be a mad crazy day.

Not looking forward to moving the fish/fish tank.

We stopped by the new place over the weekend and it was a mess.. hopefully they got it all cleaned up in time for us to move in. The pool looked nice though!
Pool? How big is the guest room? :cool:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It's part office but it's a room! Four walls and a door!

What the heck were you doing in Lodi??
I asked myself that when I was there. Had to get some boats since we can open and the city is telling people to stay home......🤦‍♂️

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Been reading comics all morning, trying to get caught up since the industry was on hiatus for seven weeks. And the boy and I are planning to shoot another scene or two of the hotwheels movie this weekend.

Also looking forward to the nascar race tomorrow night. Mostly looking forward to having monday off. Don't know what I'm going to do, but I suspect it involves being lazy and enjoying some peace and quiet.

NSA , how's the move coming? I assume you're completely unpacked, settled, set-up, and that you're sipping a fruity umbrella drink while floating in the pool. Because moving typically goes without a hitch ;)

EDIT: NSA sent me a picture!

1590249876412.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ThunderDan19

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
20200524_231035.jpg

Move is finally finished this evening.. Ugh.

Giant pain in the ass all around. We were supposed to send to have until Wednesday to be all done but that got pushed up to tomorrow so everything had to be moved and cleaned and all that by today. Ugh!

We have entirely too much shit. Toys I know of.. But everything else too. Really need to Marie Kondo our lives.

The pets were a nightmare. For a day we had no cats and no dogs, they remained at the original house. It was peace on earth. Then the dogs came and it was OK.. But they'll run and never come back if they get outside so we gotta watch all the time. The cats were another story..

They don't do well in cages. In the maybe 15 minute drive over.. One of them puked and shit all over itself. And two others pissed themselves. So I have three cats covered in mess.. And am by myself. I ended up taking them all into the shower and rinsed them off. Have you ever tried giving a cat a shower? 3 of them at the same time? Ugh.

The fish are all still in a holding tank. Getting their tank up and running has been lowest priority. Sadly they're all still alive.

Got the TV mounted in the living room. Still gotta fix the home theater and all that.. Again low priority.

Hopefully the next couple of days are more relaxing.. We'll see..

Reactions: Videoviper