What's everybody up to?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
We did exactly.. nothing. Well, not entirely true, did some stuff around the house, made turkey soup, did some crafts with the kids, and then watched a couple Mandalorian episodes and I filled some COD fools with lead.

Families didn't do anything this year, so we just stayed home and had a quiet day. Weird as hell, but kind of nice at the same time.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Holy crap, where to start? Here's my Top-10 summary:
  • Rise of Impeachment as political weapon
  • Pandemic
  • Everything is Raysis
  • Stolen Election
  • Death of Journalism
  • Rise of China as public enemy #1 (see Pandemic)
  • Rise of Tech Oligarchy (see Pandemic, Stolen Election, Death of Journalism, & Everything-is-Raysis)
  • Rise of new work/study-from-home culture (see Pandemic)
  • Peace in Middle East
  • RIP Eddie Van Halen

Reactions: NSA and Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Yeah, what Nacho said 😉 Overall it wasn’t such a bad year for me since I live in a rural area and only work part time since retiring from state police in 2018. I seriously think that the worst is ahead of us should the senate fall as well to the marxists. I only worry so much because of my children and their children. If it was just me I can take care of myself pretty good. Let me emphasize that I have had a blast with my grand babies this past year because they let you get in the floor with them and forget about politics and COVID-19 and the swamp as you set up battle fields or train tracks and hot wheels cars. I even introduced them to an old Evil Knievel stunt bike and home made ramps. I have to add one more thing, I’m a Christian and I know who wins in the end so that keeps me from worrying foolishly (sometimes) and gives me a place to return when the world spins too fast at times. I wish you fellas all the peace and happiness that I have experienced in Jesus Christ and wish you a wonderful 2021!

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I haven't had a bad year either for many of the same reasons; I live in a rural place, my business can run basically contact free, demand for space has actually increased, and nobody close to me has been sick or had any major negative ramifications (aside from big work/life inconveniences). If this is the worst year ever, I'm golden.

I too worry about the ramifications of the Left getting in charge. Removal of filibuster, DC/PR being made states, stacking the senate and supreme court for starters, but that would just be the prelude.

The next steps would printing money for "free everything", skyrocketing debt and inflation, open borders and amnesty to create tens of millions of new democrat voters, new foreign wars, the nanny state, the surveillance state, the over-regulated state, race-based priority of gov't funds and services, "reparations", castration of 1st & 2nd amendments, further intrusion of tech monopolies on what we can say, think, & discuss, and government being able to suspend basic rights for every little thing, including the "climate change" emergency.

:sick:

It would be a cluster that would take generations to undo, if possible at all. And all of that is in the hands of GA. Lord help us all.

Reactions: Sgt301

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Inserts my Joker picture here
F265C870-6DD3-485F-A7B5-FAC5164EBF3A.png
Well I am not really expecting 2021 to be much different, maybe a few more I can’t take this anymore killings, beatings & other quit your bitching acts.

Good riddance to a terrible year Hopefully some good will come out of this. But China gave us a virus that killed a lot of good people & we in turn restored their puppet leader to the White House to cement their rule over the free world. It’s like a bad episode of GI Joe.

• Angry
Reactions: NSA

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Would anyone have an idea on what I can do to try and fix a thumb drive? Is there any way to recover files that are suddenly "not there"? I know this sort of thing happens if someone removes the drive while something is being written to it or without officially "ejecting" it before removing it, I have done neither of these things, but I can say that one of my kids didn't screw with it.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
There is recovery software you can buy (or it's often offered free for a year or two with the purchase of a memory card). I've never had much luck recovering squat though.

The memory card in my phone died this week as I was prepping my info for moving it to a new phone. I was able to read it with my computer, but my phone would no longer recognize it. And neither device would format it. SD cards are pretty finicky, even the high-end ones. I always buy top-end, name-brand cards, and they invariably give up within 24-months of regular use.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did a google search for recovering lost files on thumb drives and found a fix....but I have no idea how complete it is since I can't remember 100% what was even on the drive (it was full of tons of stuff). But I guess if it's not there, it's not there and I'll just have to deal with it. Also, each file is saved as a .chk file, so I have to open it in photoshop (if it will open) and resave it as a format that can be read....which is going to be pretty time consuming. If it wasn't originally a file that PS could read, there's nothing I can do with it unless I try every program I have to figure out what it originally was.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Odd.. yeah, those little sticks are hit or miss. I've had some that are still working decades later and others that give up the ghost rather quickly.

Just think, if you can't remember what you're missing, maybe you didn't need it anyway.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Enjoying a day off in front of the fireplace with the first decent snowfall here in 2 years happening outside. Kids and dogs are having a lot of fun playing in it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Jealous! Though we did have 'snow' here the other day.. It was more like a slushy hail but it stuck around on the ground long enough for me to make a ball and hit my wife.. So I'll take it as a win. Anything other than 75 degrees and sunny is a nice change.

Cleaning the house and garage.. We're getting new flooring for the house this week, so gotta make room to move everything around. We went with a 'lifeproof' vinyl plank floor.. Hopefully it turns out nice. Wanted tile but the install was just too pricey and I'll be damned if I tile another floor myself.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Modern vinyl that imitates wood/stone/tile is phenomenal. It's hard to put aside all our old notions of vintage linoleum floors that cracked and didn't wear as well, but modern vinyl is great. And if you live in a climate that has winter and you're flooring over concrete, it's not nearly as cold as actual tile. I put that stuff in all our bathrooms, and I love it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, modern vinyl is definitely a good choice. We used it on my parents’ kitchen in our basement apartment and they also used it at our vacation cottage down in Myrtle. I’d redo our kitchen with it if it wouldn’t clash with the adjacent hardwood.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm all in on the Chiefs. Is there room on the bandwagon? Anything to keep Tommy from becoming an even more insufferable smug douche-nozzle.

Do I need to wear a headdress and chant? The best thing I can do at this late date is bust out a Montana jersey. It's a 16, not a 19 but it's red, so....

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Want to hear a joke
Yesterday $111 for junk food & snacks
Today $40 for subs
All to watch the 1% watch a game I don’t care about but will somehow get in trouble if I don’t pretend to care about sport for 4 hours.

I have no idea who the half time show guy is, the weak-end :)

Even the bud commercials bailed on the game.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I would agree with you, but I actually like football... but the bigger thing is that it's one of the few things that we watch together as a nation. That's all but gone in the age of 500 cable channels and on-demand streaming of everything at any time.

We used to sit down as a nation and watch Dukes of Hazzard and tried to figure out who shot JR. Now there is no such thing, just people constantly telling you to watch the 27 hot new streaming things that will be old news by the time you bother to check any of them out. It's nice for us to have some shared cultural touchstones on the rare occasion.

Reactions: Videoviper

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I am such a non sports person you’d laugh historically if I tried to coach (looks at cub scouts physical activities) so I do wonder why I fight to watch this game, but it’s become it’s own thing.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I don't know, his performance tonight was pretty mundane. The Tampa D getting after Patty and KC D shooting itself in the dick were the real keys to victory. Brady just stood there and benefitted from it.

I will give him his due though. The only time I have ever liked Brady is in the SNL sexual harassment training video:

Sexual Harassment and You - Saturday Night Live - YouTube

• Be Handsome
  • Be Attractive
  • Don't Be Unattractive