where are the file cards and stands for the figs

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
i haven't seen this anywhere so if this is being talked about please place in that topic. but with the movie line where are the stands and file cards were paying 10+ for a fig and we cant get a stand or file card with them or the drivers. its bad enough some of the figs have no articulation to some. but this is nuts not to get those 2things with them.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Basically the excuse that every apologist gives is that Hasbro is so strained to make the figures affordable that they have to "cut costs" (that's the big buzz phrase they like to turn to when in doubt). Unfortunately that is a straight up lie, and everyone who believes that is lying to themselves.

Ever since Hasbro figured out it could rip off nerds with the Star Wars Vintage collection line being $9-$10 a figure, they have been doing everything in their power to maximize their profits buy increasing the prices on other brands, while cutting accessories, paint application, and plastic quality. Hell, even Bandai and Mattel are trying it now with their respective brands. Hasbro is the only reason figures cost ten bucks, and they did it not because of economic necessities, but because they're greedy and know they can rip fan boys off.

To be honest, I kind of don't blame them, after all it is the consumers fault if he/she gets ripped off due to their inattentiveness, and inability to think. Unfortunately, it means the rest of us reasonable, logical people have to cherry pick figures, and stop squad building, because everyone else ruined everything. After Retaliation I might quit collecting GI Joe all together if things keep going this way.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
The lack of file cards is a disappointment just because it goes against tradition. They have always been a part of G.I. Joe and it's unfortunate that it isn't important to whoever is in charge. The figures not coming with stands isn't such a big deal to me. Way back in the day "Joes" didn't come with them. What I miss are the Accessory Packs that we used to be able to get. Those came with stands and copies of all the weapons and gear. I'm not sure when they quit making them.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
of course i blame all the completest who have to buy anything joe and now hasbro knows ppl will buy them its a shame too. im glad i have a bunch of stands from the 25th line lol

Basically the excuse that every apologist gives is that Hasbro is so strained to make the figures affordable that they have to "cut costs" (that's the big buzz phrase they like to turn to when in doubt). Unfortunately that is a straight up lie, and everyone who believes that is lying to themselves.

Ever since Hasbro figured out it could rip off nerds with the Star Wars Vintage collection line being $9-$10 a figure, they have been doing everything in their power to maximize their profits buy increasing the prices on other brands, while cutting accessories, paint application, and plastic quality. Hell, even Bandai and Mattel are trying it now with their respective brands. Hasbro is the only reason figures cost ten bucks, and they did it not because of economic necessities, but because they're greedy and know they can rip fan boys off.

To be honest, I kind of don't blame them, after all it is the consumers fault if he/she gets ripped off due to their inattentiveness, and inability to think. Unfortunately, it means the rest of us reasonable, logical people have to cherry pick figures, and stop squad building, because everyone else ruined everything. After Retaliation I might quit collecting GI Joe all together if things keep going this way.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
They killed the filecards with the RoC line, they were there but just a joke.

PoC continued this, and thankfully they killed them off with Retaliation all together pretty much.

I loved the filecards, and they were one of the biggest reasons GI JOE felt so "real" to me as a kid, since you could learn all this background on a character without ever seeing him/her/it before. It would enable your imagination to take that bit of information and run wild.

I can't see the real cost savings in eliminating the file cards.. but who knows. I'd be OK if they had a link or something where you could view the filecard online and print it out or something instead, since kids are all 'net savvy now anyways.

As for the stands.. who knows. Sucks, but I have so many of them lying around I won't really miss them. I never displayed the figures on the correct stands anyway.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
They need to start issuing clear translucent flat stands.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Personally I liked the stands that Unimax put in with their Bravo Team figures.. it was just a simple gravel or sand stand, but at least it fit in better.

I really liked the hexagon stands that came with the OurWar figures. Solid AND textured. Just like Eddie likes his Dildos!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It sucks. I loved the FC's as a kid and still enjoy reading them. The stands piss me off so much. I like to display the figures with their stands. Get rid of the gay ass sping loaded shit and put the fucking stands back. *deep breathe*

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I was never a big fan of file cards, I'll skim over them, then that's really about it
Figure stands? I never display my figures. They go bagged and put in a plastic bin.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Seriously, we've got stand pussies here? I've got a bag of the useless things, and I sure as hell ain't the only one. And it's not like you're bemoaning the lost of something like the Unimax, Teika or even the Star Wars dio stands. They're "Number 10, cheap fucking Charlie" in the pantheon of stands. Any number of 3rd party ones are better.

Bitch about the fucking missiles all you want, but Hasbro is trying to sell them to kids, and apparently kids like them. I bet they don't give a flying fuck about that stupid black plastic stand, though.

NBow it's my turn to *deep breath*.

I can't think of any good excuse for why they don't do file cards, other than maybe those things add A LOT more to the design costs than we'd think. I don't buy it, either.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
It sucks. I loved the FC's as a kid and still enjoy reading them. The stands piss me off so much. I like to display the figures with their stands. Get rid of the gay ass sping loaded shit and put the fucking stands back. *deep breathe*

yup me to as i use the stands to set up my dios and to display them. i hate those spring loaded crap i just sell them on ebay for a buck lol . kids that i know dont use them they think they are gay and a waste of space as they are so over sized anyway. the file cards where a nice read and did give you some insight to them.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I can't think of any good excuse for why they don't do file cards, other than maybe those things add A LOT more to the design costs than we'd think. I don't buy it, either.

Hasbro probably decided no one was reading the damn things, so why bother paying someone to come up with them?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think no one was reading them because they dumbed them the fuck down with RoC. That shit was ridiculous. Still had info on there, but it was written by chimps or something.

At least the ARAH/ME cards had actual info that meant something to a child with a brain.

The PoC ones were even worse, so I'd rather have nothing at all than some shitty excuse for a filecard.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Can't imagine they pay a wage slave very much to type it up.. and it's only a one time charge.

Printing it may be a little more, but it's not like they are not putting other graphics on the package, so I doubt it'd be much of a cost savings in that regard.

I think they just realize children in America are idiots these days and won't read anything on the package anyway.

That's why I like my idea of putting a link or something on there where you can view the filecard online (GIJOE.com!) and "clip" them for your "Files" seems like it'd be a win-win for everyone.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I never have the urge to pay extra for a 3rd party stand. I don't care how "inferior" the hasbro ones are. At $10 a figure, I expect a simple stand with their name to display the figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If I was Hasbro I'd give you a little rectangle like the ARAH ones and then raise the MSRP a 1.50 to cure you all of your fucking mental illness.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
explain to me how having a simple stand displaying the character's name is a "mental illness". I think it's pretty cool. I would say that you are experiencing the "mental illness"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Because you're all bitching about figure stands. Frankly it's retarded (no offense, Fled) considering the very real prospect of articulation reductions, which is far more egregious than the fact that they cut the stand so all your toys can stand around at parade rest.

I wouldn't worry, though. Once the movie is over and they go back to servicing man-children, I'd bet that the stands will replace the launchers and ziplines.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think it comes from the brand..

25th/ME was very Collector-focused, obviously. The figures were an homage to ARAH shit.. and obviously the collector nerds are going to be displaying them on their forever alone shelves so they came with stands :D

Hasbro is CLEARLY aiming for this line (at least the first waves) to appeal to kids/lowest common denominator.. which the lack of articulation, addition of springloaded shit, etc they are clearly NOT catering to the collector crowd.

Kids don't want stands, they want to PLAY with the figures not post them.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Seriously, we've got stand pussies here? I've got a bag of the useless things, and I sure as hell ain't the only one. And it's not like you're bemoaning the lost of something like the Unimax, Teika or even the Star Wars dio stands. They're "Number 10, cheap fucking Charlie" in the pantheon of stands. Any number of 3rd party ones are better.

Bitch about the fucking missiles all you want, but Hasbro is trying to sell them to kids, and apparently kids like them. I bet they don't give a flying fuck about that stupid black plastic stand, though.

NBow it's my turn to *deep breath*.

lol, your one of the last people I suspected of having that attitude.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
About Hasbro marketing to kids? That's just a fact of life. I don't like the launchers, and if getting rid of them AND stands would knock a buck off the retail price I'd say it was a sacrifice well worth making.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think the thing that pisses people off the most is they killed the FC and Stands and the Price went up!

I get it if they are trying to cut costs. Everybody can understand that, however we're still getting fucked on the customer level. Less stuff and we pay more.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Kids don't want stands, they want to PLAY with the figures not post them.

True - my boys toss the stands aside and play...I personally toss them too as I have a box of the clear ones from smalljoes.com...I like them better. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hell, if we could get back to a $4.99 price point I'd even let them remove the shitty packaging!

Ha!

The price increases are ridiculous. As best as I can tell the most expensive retail figures from '82-'94 were the 30th Anniversary ones. Those retailed at Walmart at 6.95 (10.80 in today's money) and they were packed with accessories, and each had a large one to boot.

I found a carded Toxo-Viper with a Wally World tag for 2.57 (5.00) and a Dee-Jay with a TrU tag of 2.99 (5.55)

Nerdrage!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We need a new third world nation to manufacter them in.....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's a thought.

Actually, since we have a prison system full of people unfettered by anything better to do.......

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I haven't liked the stands since they came out. Half the time they're misspelled, they're some ridiculous workaround name due to losing trademarks, and nearly half of the earlier 25th ones were missing a peg. (Wasn't it the Cobra ones that were missing a peg? or the Joe one?) I've got at least two gallon bags filled with the fucking things. I'd toss them altogether but when I trade off something, folks usually want the stands.

Granted, the cards are just as bad, having to use the workaround name as well, but I don't display those. Those go in a box. I still like hanging onto the file cards, but they're not essential. If I need to read them, I can go online and find them.

Now, what Hasbro should do, is keep them online so you can always access them, and read the ones you don't have. Maybe even a digital way for you to track your own collection? I dunno, it couldn't take too much effort to build and then host it. They did something like that with the Marvel figures, right? The Fury Files? Or was that something else?

What I think is the saddest thing, is they totally lost the card art altogether. No sense in having a file card if there's no character art, right? They just said fuck it to paying an illustrator and a writer. I quit buying duplicates to keep carded when they stopped the vintage art. While the POC art wasn't half bad, it just wasn't for me. But the new Joe cards are some of the ugliest shit I've seen in a long time. They're not even well done for a cheapie! Hell, they could've at least designed one good generic box to use on all the figures, but they couldn't even manage that.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
I haven't liked the stands since they came out. Half the time they're misspelled, they're some ridiculous workaround name due to losing trademarks, and nearly half of the earlier 25th ones were missing a peg. (Wasn't it the Cobra ones that were missing a peg? or the Joe one?) I've got at least two gallon bags filled with the fucking things. I'd toss them altogether but when I trade off something, folks usually want the stands.

Granted, the cards are just as bad, having to use the workaround name as well, but I don't display those. Those go in a box. I still like hanging onto the file cards, but they're not essential. If I need to read them, I can go online and find them.

Now, what Hasbro should do, is keep them online so you can always access them, and read the ones you don't have. Maybe even a digital way for you to track your own collection? I dunno, it couldn't take too much effort to build and then host it. They did something like that with the Marvel figures, right? The Fury Files? Or was that something else?

What I think is the saddest thing, is they totally lost the card art altogether. No sense in having a file card if there's no character art, right? They just said fuck it to paying an illustrator and a writer. I quit buying duplicates to keep carded when they stopped the vintage art. While the POC art wasn't half bad, it just wasn't for me. But the new Joe cards are some of the ugliest shit I've seen in a long time. They're not even well done for a cheapie! Hell, they could've at least designed one good generic box to use on all the figures, but they couldn't even manage that.

it was both joe and cobra in the begging then they switched them up and yes they did for marvel . yo joe .com has a check list where if you sing up you can check it if you have it kind of thing for the toys .

your right the card art is the same for all of the joes and the vehicles the rock on all of it a very cheap way to go. i hope after the movie they fix the cards bck to the 25th or even poc would be better then this.

if they give us blank stands like the dg figs i would be happy with just joe and cobra logos on them. hasbro should do a online thing like they did with resolute but that will be more money out of there pocket.

also they have a store they run and own to sell all there lines yet everything is sold out or not even up they did have troop builders that did real well i wish they would do that agin and have all the toys ups as they where lower then other places.

if they went back to that they would make more money as it would be all there vs giving the store a cut they sell to. they could still give online only deals like they do now for BBTS and so on yet make more money with there store to help off set there cheap ass cuts to give us a better product.