Why I havent been around...

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
I know most of you are wondering where I have been (those of you that know me). I have been in my shop most of the time, working on my project cars and trying to get my small shop off it's feet.

Anyway, here are some links to my current project cars...

My Imported JDM Nissan Pulsar GTiR (was cut in half and put back together)
http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21374

My Subaru Legacy (have the motor out right now)
http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19150

My 1966 Volvo project with a Nissan motor... (been in the works for a long time)
http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20334

I still have my Joes and 1:18th stuff, just spend more time in the shop...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
car nerd... :D
Be that as it may at least cars will get girls to drop their panties in the back seat.

Skystrikers and Steel Brigade dios only get you layed by your hand.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Be that as it may at least cars will get girls to drop their panties in the back seat.

Skystrikers and Steel Brigade dios only get you layed by your hand.
I have a Volvo wagon so the dio's sadly give me a better shot. :headinsand:

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
Wow... My cars really do keep my busy! HAHA

I got another big project! :thumbsup:

.... and I'm dating someone so that also is a new development. :)

It's a Subaru Legacy GT-B from Japan... Twin turbo (280 hp), and right hand drive...

I got it from Canada and had to cut it in half to bring it in... but it will be so much fun when done!

What she looked like when I drove up... (It was hit front and rear... ) 12-2-12

What I had to do to bring it in the USA...

What she looks like today. 3-2-13

If you guys wanna see all the crazy stuff, here is my build thread.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26253

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Another project AND a girl?!...nice knowing ya man...take care...:D

Seriously though, good to see you around...I always wonder where some of our original members went off to and it's nice to see them pop back in once in a while...

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
Another project AND a girl?!...nice knowing ya man...take care...:D

Seriously though, good to see you around...I always wonder where some of our original members went off to and it's nice to see them pop back in once in a while...
Yeah, I havent forgot about you guys. Life has just been super crazy. haha...

I still have my Joe's and WWII 1:18th stuff. Even have a half done custom Skystriker! HAHA! I picked up a couple more to make a number of them to go with my other customs, but my cars take priority 90% of the time.

Also the possibility of losing my shop has been looming over my head for the last few months so I'm trying to get my projects in order so I dont have my Volvo project sitting outside in primer rusting away...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I have a stupid question.... why did they make you cut it in half? Was it a "real auto" vs scrap import tax issue? Was it that the US doesn't like right-hand drive cars? I've never heard of such a thing... but then again, I don't buy project cars in canada either. Enlighten us!

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
Kinda complicated... but not a stupid question at all...

First off, you can thank the jack wagons in DC for 95% of it.

If a car is newer then 25 years old, it needs to comply with DOT and EPA standards. This car does not. If it had a DOT tag, then I could have at least got the car in without the motor. It's funny though. I have a friend with a "Postal" Legacy wagon that is the same body style. It's factory RHD, but built in America (Indiana, like all other Subaru Legacy's)

The motor is a funny thing also. The motor in my Legacy GT-B is a Twin Turbo EJ20R. we NEVER gt them in the states so there is no EPA records for them, so without a letter from Subaru America says it passes, you technically cant use it. However, this law is not enforced at all when they are in the country. For instance, law states that you can only install OEM parts on a car. Well, 500hp Mustangs are not factory, yet they dont enforce it. As long as they pass smog and you dont drive like a jack ass, you will be fine.

This BS was started by a wonderful (sarcasm) auto maker called Mercedes. They were losing money in the 70's from people buying cars in Germany and importing them as "used cars" therefor avoiding the import charges on a new car. So the story goes that they basically paid off law makers in DC to make it damn near impossible to import any car, unless it meets DOT and EPA standards, but in order to do so, they have to be tested and no auto maker wants to do so.

My GT-B Legacy is a super common car in Japan. They are dirt cheap (like $700-1500) for a nice car under 100K on the odometer. Over here though, they are rare because of the import laws. Only about 5 other ones here that I know of. The laws in Canada at set at 15 years. There are ways to get around it, but it's a pain...

Why did I cut it in half? Well... If the car is cut in half, it is rendered "parts" since the frame has been cut. Other wise, it would be a no go or a big risk that they would not let me bring it in...

Does that answer your question? :)

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
How does one put the car back in one piece? It seems like the structural integrity would forever be weakened.

Good to see you are still alive and chasing bigger dreams than plastic men. :)

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
How does one put the car back in one piece? It seems like the structural integrity would forever be weakened.

Good to see you are still alive and chasing bigger dreams than plastic men. :)
A welder... :thumbsup: If you guys feel like taking a look, this is my build thread for my wagon... It's super stiff the way I built it now. The Japanese cars have much less safety stuff then the USDM cars, but I dont care. At least I'll die happy in a fun car! haha
http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26253

And yeah... I try and make sure I vote for the banners every month, getting the email really helps with that.

I have had a number of other projects, not just my own. I have been doing a color change on a friends 2000 Impreza RS that has a 04 WRX swap and also working on a Frankin Nissan, a JDM 180SX that we are dropping in a complete Skyline GTR drive train in.

Here are a couple pics of my driving home from the Big Northwest Subaru Meet. A few hundred Subaru's showed up for it. My buddy that took these pics was driving his 04 STi... And yes, this was the car that was cut in half. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
haha... No, I rent my parents basement apartment and they keep talking about selling. The economy around Seattle sucks balls and the rent is cheap here, and my income is lower right now. Main thing is I need to get my Volvo project in paint just in case it losses shop shelter so it doesnt rust away. Hoping to get out of here soon anyway.

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
Soo... besides still messing with my cars, I went and got myself some stuff to waste my time.

Got all the GI Joe cartons on DVD. HAHA! They are terable, but I loved them as a kid so they are fun to watch. With doing this, I have pulled out my old figures and been looking through them, and even picked up a few more off of Ebay in the last week. Like a vintage Havoc and Sky Patrol Havoc. Always wanted them, just never had them. They should be here soon. Also just picked up a bunch of trade paper backs to read through.

I have a hand full of weakness's. Matchbox/Hot Wheels, Lego's, Model Cars, and GI Joe's... haha... Even bid on a 1/18 P-38 this week.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I've watched some the old MOTU toons recently...if it wasn't for nostalgia, they'd be unbearable, lol...guess that applies to most toons we all used to love...

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
Soooo..... I really havent been around. hahahaha! Figured I'd drop by and say hi. Lots going on. All my Joe's and other 1/18th stuff has been in storage for about 4 years and I'm just getting around to pulling some of it out.

Also, I kinda got side tracked by falling hard core into the Hot wheels collecting world and doing dio type pics of them. Might be starting the same with my Joes when I get them all sorted.

That being said, Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Hoping to be able to post a bit more as I dig them out. =)

Skyhawk

Zero Killer
Mar 14, 2011
Tukwila WA, USA
haha! Yeah, I have been MIA on all my forums actually. Even the car forums. But like I said, I got sucked into this hot wheels world and it's a little crazy. I have been missing the conversations though.