Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm still going with the people with the actual mental problems being more ill. I think (hope) that the others are doing it out of fear or to appear virtuous to other normal people or both. I don't believe the people with normal functioning brains actually buy into the lunacy.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It really is getting hard to make fun of lefties. Seems they make fun of themselves (and each other) for us. When they actually, literally start killing each other, I know I will be one of the ones watching in horror and disbelief. And munching on a bag of popcorn.

One of the many latest examples:

Debra Messing Apologizes for Baking Vagina Cupcakes That Offended Trans People
*COUGH*post251*COUGH* 😉

My fave is the lesbians who deny the male to woman trannies as women. 😆

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
*COUGH*post251*COUGH* 😉
You know, I was scrolling through Big League Politics and saw this and said, "Oh, yeah. I saw this article somewhere... It'll be a good one to share on the Fighting 1:18 SJW thread." You know what, guys? I just remembered where I saw it first. You want to know where it was? It was here.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I mean, if they left out the part saying it's just them.. I could probably get on board with an agreement that as a people we're more stressed now than before.. if only because we allow it to invade our daily lives.. email.. texts.. calls.. you can't really get away anymore (depending on what you do).

Back in the day (80s) we probably wouldn't even have heard about the NZ shooting, or at most it was a 2 minute segment on the news "aw, how tragic". And now something all the way across the world is impacting policy here?! And we all have to hear about it, worry about, stress about it.. it's just too much crap for people to digest day in day out.

And yet (and I keep starting sentences with and, sue me!) we have this insatiable desire for MORE DATA and always click the "Do you want to know more?" button when presented. It's a human fatal flaw I guess.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I stopped watching the news. Period. I check headlines once a day to see who had a disaster, who went to jail, and what the latest water-cooler headlines are. If something really grabs me I'll read more. However, I yearn for a lower stress life, and drinking from the information fire hose is not the path.

I've come to the conclusion that I cannot affect anything that happens across the globe, in washington, or much beyond the limits of my property. I try to stay informed about issues so I can be an educated voter, but I refuse to get sucked into the daily outrage machine. It's a black hole that doesn't lead anywhere.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Exactly. There is zero positive impact.. but it's all designed to suck you in.. even being an "educated voter" can get you down the rabbit hole of everything without some self control.

I still find the workings of the world interesting.. but I can't take on the mental load of wondering or caring for stuff/people I'll never see or meet. I'll see stories where some lady killed all her kids or something and think it's just horrible.. but why did I click on that link? What good does it do me to know about that, or the details?

Ugh. We all need to just unplug I think.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's almost like we've voluntarily taken on all the burdens of every person that makes a headline. Those things weigh on you, especially en mass.

Years ago, I had a co-worker that wouldn't watch the news, wouldn't watch horror films, wouldn't read any story about some tragedy... and her rationale was "It becomes part of you. Just the experience of watching/reading these things makes them a part of you, as they inform what you think and how you view things. I don't want those horrible things inside of me."

I used to think that was a pretty extreme viewpoint, but I find myself having some of those same thoughts on occasion. Like you say, to what end do we need to know everything? What purpose does it serve except to make us angrier and more jaded than normal adulthood would make us?

Sensory overload of negative information can't lead to a healthy mental state.