On the Workbench

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Idk. I'll have to see what all is involved. Some of those gashapon figures would be priceless in gijoe size with just ball hinge necks for head swaps.:trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
He may have...

Marvelous time to start on this shit!

I dread long hair! It's just a pain in the ass! Looking at this Kitty Pride,it is actually the best sculpt for realism. Silk is the fan favorite tho. Need to get these done,and put a majority of them on eBay already.

Some are surprisingly good for more which is shocking from Marvel figures since for the most part they're blanks. Nuke is a treasure of shrinkables! two heads, a vest, even his legs maybe. Mockingbird is head to toe worth keeping around. I'd love to have the money,time,and patience to shrink the whole figure it is that nice. This Niko chick from the Dr Strange line has PERFECT lower legs for a Underworld Kate Beckinsale custom.

Speaking of abandoned works!!!

How? Why? Did I not finish these? Especially this face!

"Oh,she gettin it"

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Be warned, that MU Valkiery head might not look right on anything other than a She-Hulk type body.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
That's the marvel legends 6" head. I actually shrank the 4" head before,and it looks just like Angelina Jolie!

Here it is with the 4" scarjoe BW head's hair

Here it is with MU X-23 hair.

I really wish I knew where I put that now!:trollface: I lost/misplaced a bag of masters! It is probably in that bag.

I really think you should make every head kind of blank in the back in order to be able to switch hair and make various combo

Almost every head is its own shape,more then just notches. A lot the hairline is molded into the face too. Besides,that's what a dremel is for.:trollface:

That braided head on your nude chick...hmm? HMMM?

I like the GoT head! It has a softer look to it. I've been holding onto it for that custom.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
It's a stocco sculp/Vortious item.

I need Daenerys. For reasons.

I feel that head is a touch too small. I've tried to redo that head,but it is one of the most difficult thing to cast,because the pony tails.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I feel that head is a touch too small. I've tried to redo that head,but it is one of the most difficult thing to cast,because the pony tails.

A little on the small side might actually work in my favor.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Never! There's nothing more pleasant to admire then the famale body! Sunsets,beaches,fast cars,..all nice,but nothing compared to smooth skin,firm titties,and a heart shaped ass. Just saying

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got some mini lanterns with the intention of making reliquaries, but I don't think I have a skull that will fit.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Reliquaries? I need a dictionary a lot with your posts!:trollface: curious to what you're concocting tho. Speaking of skulls,there's two flaming skulls with one of the ML 6" Dr Strange wave I like. Just can't get myself to pay $20 to shrink an accessory I'll probably never use..totally unrelated,but I just saw them an hour ago at Walgreens..still fresh in my I want list..

Here's the last thing I worked on..my greatest challenge...as stuff shrinks it gets equally thinner to the point where it opens up holes...I have 5 shrinks stuck on this problem!

As parts get smaller they get thinner equally. that I'm halfway tempted to back full the parts to thicken them up,but I don't want to make solid blocks,hinder the bushing or the tabs that snap together.

Here's one I just came back to after an earlier failed attempt. The modern ML female teen torso in this case Spider Gwen

A bonus with this torso is the neck joint. the torso range of movement is very nice with that ball!

This is reduced around 20%

I don't want to lose the inside detail by back filling it tho! I want the 4" version to still snap together. it's already getting thin both inside,but wanting to poke through the outside.

Here's how much I still have to go.

I want to get this thing small enough to fit into a mold of a gashapon figure...make it look&function correctly. Basically casting the details onto these blanks..mostly in theory,but have had mediocre success in earlier projects combining two cast parts this way...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
K, picture of the lantern and what is it's size?

They're an inch tall, but the issue is actually one of interior dimensions. With the "glass" in place I can't even get a Black Mask skull down in there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably, but I don't think it would make it work any better. Might just turn one into a specimen container. Shouldn't be too hard to make one water-tight.

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
Great work, ever thought about making a Quiet figure from metal gear?

Reliquaries? I need a dictionary a lot with your posts!:trollface: curious to what you're concocting tho. Speaking of skulls,there's two flaming skulls with one of the ML 6" Dr Strange wave I like. Just can't get myself to pay $20 to shrink an accessory I'll probably never use..totally unrelated,but I just saw them an hour ago at Walgreens..still fresh in my I want list..

Here's the last thing I worked on..my greatest challenge...as stuff shrinks it gets equally thinner to the point where it opens up holes...I have 5 shrinks stuck on this problem!

As parts get smaller they get thinner equally. that I'm halfway tempted to back full the parts to thicken them up,but I don't want to make solid blocks,hinder the bushing or the tabs that snap together.

Here's one I just came back to after an earlier failed attempt. The modern ML female teen torso in this case Spider Gwen

A bonus with this torso is the neck joint. the torso range of movement is very nice with that ball!

This is reduced around 20%

I don't want to lose the inside detail by back filling it tho! I want the 4" version to still snap together. it's already getting thin both inside,but wanting to poke through the outside.

Here's how much I still have to go.

I want to get this thing small enough to fit into a mold of a gashapon figure...make it look&function correctly. Basically casting the details onto these blanks..mostly in theory,but have had mediocre success in earlier projects combining two cast parts this way...

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Not really. Don't really play video games,although I'd love to if I had more time. I'm pretty much trying to make my own blanks to use on other projects. Not really liking the BF neck set up or I'd just make copies of them,lol.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
bbi goodness:D

Undershot by cunt hair what I'm aiming for,...

I'll revert back to the previous shrink,and hit it a tad stronger...

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,I undershot the shrink...needs to be a tad smaller. Mocked up with legs&a head it's obvious it's still too long. Not BF ridiculously long,but too long none the less. I didn't have enough time to rerun it tho. Maybe next weekend. you gotta also remember I'm inserting the finished parts into another mold to cast details on it from another sculpt,so it also has to fit into the mold.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
This didn't really warrant a thread on it's own, it's just a small change.

Added a Fez to this dangerous looking fellow. I think I got the idea from the movie "The Mummy" with Brendan Frazier that I had seen around the same time.

He's sporting a Lewis machine gun which is from an older SW Storm trooper figure. I just went and added the drum magazine they took off for filming.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Finished the shrink to the ML torso,and it is flawless!!

Just ordered plastic to make copies to use,and als finished all my replication molds of everything else!! AND finished ALL my pending shrinks I was stuck on!! Once I get back home after the holidays. I was so happy last weekend that I finally figured out a way around the top thin issue!!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Not action figure related, but it does show what can be done with those DIY decal kits made by Testors.

I finished this a few weeks ago, I think the decals turned out pretty good.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks pretty sharp!

You know NECA's might be doing an Aliens accessory pack with a pair of sentry guns in it?