1:18 Astronauts?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DRG10272&mode=retail&picture=out

Something seems off with them... Am I missing the articulation, did they hide it that well, or are these just mockups? I thought they were interesting though.

Also, this could be kind of cool for 4" figures. 7" height for that should roughly work though, right? Is that 7" in height? Or for a 7" line? I never can tell with those damn descriptions. Of course, $50 for it is absurd, but maybe on clearance?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DH11025&mode=retail&picture=out

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
They seem VERY limited articulation wise...and them saying that each comes with a different accessory in hand, I think they are not removable...basically statues me thinks...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, they show the accessories in the corner, loose. That's what confused me. I'm thinking ball-jointed shoulders, hips, and head at best?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DRG10272&mode=retail&picture=out

Something seems off with them... Am I missing the articulation, did they hide it that well, or are these just mockups? I thought they were interesting though.
Also, this could be kind of cool for 4" figures. 7" height for that should roughly work though, right? Is that 7" in height? Or for a 7" line? I never can tell with those damn descriptions. Of course, $50 for it is absurd, but maybe on clearance?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DH11025&mode=retail&picture=out

I would not be surprised if the Dragon 'nauts are Hummels. No articulation at all. Might be cool to display them against Mezco's Martians due the same month.

The Throne is 7" TALL. I would imagine it would work with 4"-5" figures.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Robotix was good for cheap astronaught figures.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
One of these days, I plan to make a Scoop figure. A camera like that will be crucial, as I hate the vintage one. Also, a bright yellow base... I should've picked up a second Airtight, dammit.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I have a great PERFECT scale SLR camera with a big lens that came in a kinder egg...I should send it to Jesse...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All this talk of toy cameras has me wanting to do a combat photographer.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Honestly, if I end up making a Scoop, he'll be re-imagined. I can't fathom a spy/field photographer galavanting around in day-glo yellow, as much as I love ARAH.

The later year/DiC characters aren't as sacred to me. :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Or with a camera that size. This ain't the '60s!*

* Says the guy whose Joeverse starts towards the end of Vietnam.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The price is a tad unfortunate. 4 for $30 would still seem high for what you get, paint apps be damned. The chrome faceplate is hot, though.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
From what i can tell these particular figures were canceled.

Wild Republic (figures you see at zoos, museums, etc..) have some pretty toyetic astronauts. I saw a couple of these at a local book store and at TJ Maxx.

They are called Galaxy Quest. Not quite as detailed as the Dragon figures but not too bad either and they are pretty cheap.

Wild Republic Galaxy Quest

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I was thinking about doing a review of these, but havn't had time to do the side by side pictures with Joes.

The packaging

Price at TJ Maxx $7 hard to beet that.
Figure is fairly cheap, & the arm at the swivel may come loose as I passed on the 1st box that I saw.

NO ball joints at the shoulder, (Just up & down) Swivel on the arm which is a plus.
& elbow movment.
Legs some basic movement up & down on the hips & knees, but not far off from the movement of the real spacesuit.

Head basic left right movement, may be able to switch out the head with some work.

Helmet: opens & closes but the visor is solid white not black like the real suit. Mine comes apart easily, but can easily be put back together.

The vehicle is nice, basic & a Joe will fit in better than this astronaut will. But it serves the purpose.
The moon rover - All 4 wheels spin, but no left or right turning.

Overall: Great for the price, but a cheaply made set overall. I wouldn't expect it to hold up over time with rough play but it works great as a static piece with normal were & tear.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I have never seen the shuttle mission. All the others I have gotten when I see them. I think it is $12 for the big set which is worth it for parts.