1:18th trash bags

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I seem to recall someone here had a signature that had a figure and some in-scale garbage bags, does anyone know how to make some? My son has one of those Tonka garbage trucks and I promised him I'd make some garbage for it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Mandingo might know how...i know he was wanting to do the same thing, just not sure if he ever actually found a good way

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I seem to recall someone here had a signature that had a figure and some in-scale garbage bags, does anyone know how to make some? My son has one of those Tonka garbage trucks and I promised him I'd make some garbage for it.

Simple get a real trash bag. The dark green ones.

Measure it to get the size and divide by 18.

Cut a piece the size you want. Fold it in half and tape the bottom as well as the other side and turn it inside out.

Get some colored ribbon cut it into strips and tie it off after filling the " bag " with paper towels ;)

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Could also get the 4"x2" mini ziplock bags and just cut the ziplock strip off and twist tie. I recommend filling it first (I dabble some wet paint in it for muck), than tie, than cut the ziplock strip off. Just easier to tie it off that way. I think they sell those ziplock bags in multiple colors.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thats not bad...it'd be perfect if it came in white or black

Might come in white. i need to see if that supply catalog is still around.

Both techniques work great, though i think you may have more options using pickel's, as you can use other plastic as well, and it gives you more color options. I reckon you could use toy parachutes too. I've got a green one laying around here that could work.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Could also get the 4"x2" mini ziplock bags and just cut the ziplock strip off and twist tie. I recommend filling it first (I dabble some wet paint in it for muck), than tie, than cut the ziplock strip off. Just easier to tie it off that way. I think they sell those ziplock bags in multiple colors.

Clever girl...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Both techniques work great, though i think you may have more options using pickel's, as you can use other plastic as well, and it gives you more color options. I reckon you could use toy parachutes too. I've got a green one laying around here that could work.

sandwich bags would work great since the plastic is so thin...never seen it iny any color besides clear though

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm wondering how those 2"x4" ziploc bags would hold up to a dye bath myself.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'm talking about the ones that don't even zip...they just have a flap to fold over...they seem extra cheap and thin

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I haven't found a good option yet, but I've been a bit busy lately. What I was thinking was to use some red thread to tie a bag of thin black plastic (cut down to size, of course) but I haven't experimented much with materials. I will when I get back home. Some of the suggestions here may work though!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I do know the head shop (tobacco and pipes) around here sells them in green, but not a dark solid green, kinda of a see through green if you know what i mean.

Ha! Do they have little designs on them too? That would be classic.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I wish I had one of those thermal bag sealers, the kind that lightly sear edges together, that would make this really easy. All I would need is some plastic bags from various stores and I could make my own. Cut them to size, sear the edges, turn them inside out and there you go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Odd suggestion, but don't they make some "tuxedo" black condoms?

I may as well have just gift-wrapped this for the Eddieism thread...

I dunno about that, but i seem to recall one called "Black Knight" that covered the meat and two veg.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed, for the gentleman that would bed-down the most questionable of strumpets.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I gave it a test shot, cut a circle about 3 inches in diameter out of a Wal-Mart bag, stuffed some random debris in it, bunched up the top and closed it with a thin black wire. It looks fine, probably about the size of an office waste basket liner. This is probably the cheapest and easiest route to go. Now I just have to make a couple dozen...finding stuff to put in them will be the heardest part.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I plan on making some miscellaneous debris from that flexi-sculpt stuff we both have. Stuff like banana peels, old pizza slices, some rats, etc. We'll see what I can come up with.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, some of the junk inside the test shot was just bits of paper crunched and rolled up into balls but I'd like to have some variety and make it look somewhat visually interesting.

I started collecting stuff that looks like what you'd find in a dumpster and is somewhat in scale. I've got some broken boards (square craft sticks broken up) and a waste paper basket (cap off some hair product).

Anyone know where to get some magazines in scale? Preferably something I can print from on-line?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks Med, I'll try that!

I also looked in the diorama links thread and found one for printable minis that had a few things.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Some old-ass newspapers or torn posters make for great debris too.

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&h...sch&sa=1&q=ripped+poster&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=

Something like that. If that link didn't work, try Googling "ripped poster" and clicking on "medium" or "large" images. I used that to glue to the side of my dumpster for that "stuck-on" nasty paper look. A quick dirty wash over it gave it that old faded/dirty paper look.

Stuff like this:

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/l...abstract-background-with-old-torn-posters.jpg

If you just tear the edges instead of cutting it, it will look more authentic. Even try wetting it, if it's on laser paper (desktop deskjet printers will cause the ink to run) and then letting it dry out, will also give it some texture.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, but if it's true that the PVA glue won't dry out...if you ever accidentally step on one, that's going to be a nasty mess.