melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011
Got them today,not bad figures.:trollface:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Wow, I didn't realize that even these figures had those "advanced" molded in arm joints. The pretty much confirms that these types of joint construction is not patented by Hasbro.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I'm thinking civilians too... no doubt Tria will agree. What they like for head swaps with Joes?

Different type of heads, would need to make a neck mod. The DD figure's heads have the neck on them, not the torso.

I use them as civilians. Used the one in my recent End Of Days episode I did for Keenan's story. I actually really like these guys. Cheap plastic, bland looking, but for some reason I think they kick ass.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Different type of heads, would need to make a neck mod. The DD figure's heads have the neck on them, not the torso.

I use them as civilians. Used the one in my recent End Of Days episode I did for Keenan's story. I actually really like these guys. Cheap plastic, bland looking, but for some reason I think they kick ass.

I'd really like to get my hands on the Phil variant with the molded web gear.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll keep my eyes out for ya. I want to grab a few more to paint up for other civilian customs. I got a few heads that may work for these torsos.

If you can get the torsos cracked any vintage 3.75" figure head that swivels should work.

Adding a modern neckball would probably be easier and more fruitful, though.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
There's a gift set coming to Walmart on BF. Has all the figures, a truck and trailer with a small boat. I think most of the accessories are included too.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Or that the patent expired.

Is there any way to view toy patents? I'd like to know if Hasbro has any of the GI Joe construction patented. It seems like that type of thing should be required to be attainable. I want to produce a modern style action figure using modern Joe articulation, but I don't want to get into trouble.

The new DC figures and the Ourwar figure also have the rivet-less arms.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Is there any way to view toy patents? I'd like to know if Hasbro has any of the GI Joe construction patented. It seems like that type of thing should be required to be attainable. I want to produce a modern style action figure using modern Joe articulation, but I don't want to get into trouble.

The new DC figures and the Ourwar figure also have the rivet-less arms.

All non-secret/classified patents should be viewable at the USPTO website, it's just finding them that's the trick.

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
I got a set at sams...they had all 4 packed together with a pickup and a bunch of accessories. They are good figures , but cheap plastic...Phil's arm cracked up the seem first time I tried to pose him but I was able to glue it back together and you can't tell it ever had a problem.

A caster needs to get the figures, cut the neck off and dremel so it would fit a regular joe torso

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
ha. I have some pics already, dio pics, but size can be seen.

first one I did just because these figures remind me of Cheech and Chong.

here is one by Scrap Iron and an Avatar figure. Pic is from an End of Days episode I did.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
They're a step up from the previous Adventure Wheels figures, which were basically ARAH construction and undersized motorcycles and oversized ATV's, but that's not saying much.