Anyone picking up the new Thundercats figures?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm interested in the property, but I was not impressed with what I saw of these. They have an "infinite heroes" vibe to them, and that's not good. Plus, there aren't enough characters to sustain but a few waves. Thus it's likely to be short-lived.

I really want to like what they are doing, but right now, I'm passing. I'll stick with the SDS custom parts that look spot-on.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I might pick up the mass-release of the SDCC retro Lion-O, but unless the new stuff is 1:18 and can therefore be scavenged for parts, I'm not likely to grab it.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Panthro looks goofy. I may get one of each just for the nostalgia of the old toon but I'm tapped out on much more.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I might pick up the mass-release of the SDCC retro Lion-O, but unless the new stuff is 1:18 and can therefore be scavenged for parts, I'm not likely to grab it.

I got this in the mail from TRU a couple days ago. It. Is. Awesome. It's 8" scale, so it doesn't fit in with anything else. But I don't care. They did an excellent job on these. They're called Thundercats Classics.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, that "not in scale with anything else" decision vexes me. I imagine these would have rocked scaled with the MotUC.

New episode to-night, then I can laugh at the schmucks on Whale Wars.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got to see the damn things first. Probably the one-fanged traitorous swine and Mumm-Ra's Ever-Living form.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it's complete shit there isn't a replay slot for it on Saturday morning. I liked last night's episode, even if it was a tad cliche.

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
so far the show is awesome episode 3 last night really set up some cool stuff for upcoming episodes, and a lot of people are now spotting the figures at target, i have not yet, but still looking.....lol

Picked up the tank on Saturday. It's really should have been priced at around $15.00. It's constantly falling apart. Even my kids (8 and 9) stopped playing with it and asked what was wrong with it.
That said I'll check out a couple of the figures- which weren't stocked yet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I glanced at the 1:18 figures, but haven't had a chance to really get a good look at them as of yet. I may skip the 4" Mumm-Ra The Ever-Living and use the 6" to just be a beast of an opponent. After a repainting, of course.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I just saw these in the store for the first time today, and I have to say, they were much better looking in person. They're CLEARLY not as detailed or articulated as anything made by hasbro, and they have little to no redeeming construction/parts for customization. However, they look like good toys for kids, and they are far more impressive than DC Infinite Heroes. I feared they would be of that ilk. Honestly, I expected very little and was pleasantly surprised.

I doubt they will do much for collectors and customizers, but I think kids who watch the new cartoon will really enjoy this line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just saw these in the store for the first time today, and I have to say, they were much better looking in person. They're CLEARLY not as detailed or articulated as anything made by hasbro, and they have little to no redeeming construction/parts for customization. However, they look like good toys for kids, and they are far more impressive than DC Infinite Heroes. I feared they would be of that ilk. Honestly, I expected very little and was pleasantly surprised.

I doubt they will do much for collectors and customizers, but I think kids who watch the new cartoon will really enjoy this line.

The eyes are tampoed on, that's kinda cheap to my eye.

Anyhoo, I still think there are accessories that have uses, and I think a 6" Mumm-Ra, The Ever-Living given a realistic repaint would be an awesome foil for 4" Bandai Thundercats or those made by SDS.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's looking like Mumm-Ra is gonna get his hands on the Claw Shield, or make his own.

Dammit, getting me pumped for that figure, I should be worrying aboot Joes!

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I usually have no problem hunting toys, but these damn things are tough to find here. Finally saw some today, came *this* close to buying the 8 inch classic Lion O and Tigra. Anyone have these? Was I stooopid to pass them up?

Only 4 inch I want is the Panthro, maybe Lion O as well.

Out of all of the toys in the last couple of years, these definitely brought me back to my childhood better than any other line has.

D00MTR0N

"The Enemy"
Sep 1, 2011
they need to make a mumra that doesnt have buck teeth,he looks goofy,c'mon,make him badass like he is.

Lantern_lad

Vintage Graphic Designer
Jul 4, 2011
Southern California
I keep looking at them when I'm out & about, but I just can't pull the trigger. I have a serious lack of room in my collection.

... and the last thing I need is to collect something else.