Army Alphas 6"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope. The skeleton might be cool to have around, but I'm not giving $25 bucks for a 6" vanilla modern day soldier figure.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, I'm thinking I might get a giant Skeleton to fight alongside my BFSkels, but with the shipping I believe it'd come out to $40, and then I think it might be cooler to just get three more BFSkels instead.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Considering Marvel Legends 6" are $20 and MOTUC are over $35... and Boss Fight 4" figures are $20... $20-something for a well-done military figure seems pretty reasonable.

And while I know you (KT) were born without a nostalgia gene, those blue SWAT troops would take about five minutes to customize into cobra blue shirts. As someone with grand plans and a zillion donor figures to eventually do some 6" joe customs, those are really attractive.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I'm thinking I might get a giant Skeleton to fight alongside my BFSkels, but with the shipping I believe it'd come out to $40, and then I think it might be cooler to just get three more BFSkels instead.

At $40 you might as well jump up to this guy:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kaiyodo-Legacy-Revoltech-Gaikotsu-Skeleton/dp/B00TLRU6PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457046832&sr=8-1&keywords=revoltech+skeleton"]Amazon.com: Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech: KT-005 Gaikotsu (Skeleton) Iron Reddish Brown Version KT-005 Gaikotsu Fig Iron Red Ver Action Figure: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419dGhs4S5L.@@AMEPARAM@@419dGhs4S5L[/ame]

Considering Marvel Legends 6" are $20 and MOTUC are over $35... and Boss Fight 4" figures are $20... $20-something for a well-done military figure seems pretty reasonable.

And while I know you (KT) were born without a nostalgia gene, those blue SWAT troops would take about five minutes to customize into cobra blue shirts. As someone with grand plans and a zillion donor figures to eventually do some 6" joe customs, those are really attractive.

It's not the price, as you've clearly nailed the going rates in the scale, they're just not great designs. You are correct about those blue ones being stupidly easy to turn into Cobra troopers.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I've zero use for the troopers since I'm 18 'Til I Die, but I do wish they'd listened to my suggestion to shave down the taint so they could bring their heels together for a proper Military Attention pose. It's an iconic identifier for troopers all across the globe for the past few centuries, and it's a failure for such a figure to not be able to attain it, imho.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It's not the price, as you've clearly nailed the going rates in the scale, they're just not great designs.

No, they're not perfect. But compared to what, the multitude of other 6" soldier figures out there? Besides repurposing a Crossbones or Punisher Marvel Legends or shitty 7 PoA Rambo, what 6" military options are there?

Other than a few Plan-B WWII figures, I don't know of any....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No-PoA McFarlane Military. Plan B did SWAT, too.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
No-PoA McFarlane Military. Plan B did SWAT, too.

"Did" being the operative word. They aren't available now, and based on the two Plan-B figures I have, it's got the articulation of a NECA or McF figure and I wouldn't want a pile of them anyway.

This new kickstarter looks far more promising, even if not perfect. We're not exactly flush with options, and I sure as hell couldn't customize something that good for that price.