Artifacts & Treasure - Dio items and accessories

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
One thing I like to collect is cool looking artifacts. Either from 1:18 scaled lines or just random items that make good 1:18 artifacts.

Egyptian items are probably some of my favorite. I recently got some more statues from the Japanese collector club.

They are quite a bit better than the Egyptian items in the Safari Toobs.

Some more good 1:18 Egyptian artifacts can be found in the McFarlane Guardian set and the Mummy movie playsets (figures are 6") and Chap Mei Adventure Heroes also has some good Egyptian type artifacts. I'll start going through my accessories and highlighting some good artifact/treasures that can be had.

Anyone else that has some good artifact/treasures post them here.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There are several accessories sprinkled through the various Hasbro lines (PoC CC's cobra dagger, "dog whistle", Loki's dagger and spike....things), and never discount peweter miniatures as being useful as scale statues.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The old Stargate figures came with a few unusual artifacts...but those might only work in a sci-fi setting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those are just some of the crated treasures. Several figures came with accessory artifacts.

The Lance of Longinus that came with Mutt and the Chalice of Kali that came with Mola Ram were great.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
This is an odd place to get an item, but give it a shot.

My local Tobacco store (Smoker's Outlet) has these tamper things designed to put cigarettes out. Anyhow, they have an entire Egyptian line of them at my local store. I bought a Pharaohs head. $2 i think. Bout an inch tall. Tamper hole is in the back of headdress on an angle so not visible from the front.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Google failed me looking for those cigarette things... :(

I have a lot of the Star Gate movie figures and they did come with some artifact looking things. I'll dig them up and take some pictures of them.

Indiana Jones is one of the best lines for artifacts.

The Gail Knight is pure win with the Grail, and that awesome tablet shield.

I almost got a 2"x3" paper weight of the Rosetta stone made by the British Museum. I can't find another one but I might get a magnet and paint that up.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really wish I could find a Indian bass-relief in "scale". I saw something at Ross the other day, but it was simply too large.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
more pics of the other sides. It is very detailed except the hole on top and bottom.

Attachments

• 20150310_114138.jpg
    20150310_114138.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20150310_114157.jpg
    20150310_114157.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20150310_114211.jpg
    20150310_114211.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The bead/charm/necklace bauble aisles at Hobby Stores can yield items as well. Not cheap considering what they are, but there you have it.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Shields and staffs also look great in treasure rooms

Chap Mei - Adventure Heroes

GI Joe Cobra Commander staff

SOTA World of Warcraft Jungle Troll Shaman

here is another picture of the Snake staff

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, that may make a suitable Scorpion King shield. I'm not sure where the hell I put those damn accessories.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The rams head staff and chest plate from the ceremonial Belloqe figure also make good artifacts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, those would work. Wish I could do dios like some of these guys, I'd really like to use that 6" Aztec calender.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Damn, those are very cool. I need to learn how to cast...
I would love to do a full on museum like you're amassing KT, but these would also be super dope for a Dusk 'til Dawn style Titty Twister/ pyramid hideout... or maybe even a super sweet jungle Mayan/Aztec hideout. I'd need a lot of those heads and adornments, though. Shit, I may have to buy a set anyway for the next dio in the pipeline.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damn, those are very cool. I need to learn how to cast...
I would love to do a full on museum like you're amassing KT, but these would also be super dope for a Dusk 'til Dawn style Titty Twister/ pyramid hideout... or maybe even a super sweet jungle Mayan/Aztec hideout. I'd need a lot of those heads and adornments, though. Shit, I may have to buy a set anyway for the next dio in the pipeline.

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

I've lusted over the thought of a 1:18 Titty Twister dio for many a year. At this point I'd settle for a facade of the front, as that thing would be massive to pull off otherwise. Completely love the idea of a coven of vampires converting the top room of a half-buried Aztec temple into a trap for horny travellers. The reveal shot at the end was my favorite one in the film.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
GET OUT OF MY MIND!

No.

I've lusted over the thought of a 1:18 Titty Twister dio for many a year. At this point I'd settle for a facade of the front, as that thing would be massive to pull off otherwise. Completely love the idea of a coven of vampires converting the top room of a half-buried Aztec temple into a trap for horny travellers. The reveal shot at the end was my favorite one in the film.

YES!
So fucking great. It's the desktop background on my computer.
It's on my list, man. I'm motivated by those parts The Archivist posted.
But I'll need a scale Cheech...

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The Aztec/Mayan pieces seemed to come from very well used molds and are a bit on the soft side. That could work well as ruin type discoveries.

Gold ball is from Treasure Planet
Gold square is from ReAction Hellraiser
The 2 Books came from a Papa Smurf's lab playset.
Holy grail is from Indiana Jones - Grail Knight
& Groot Plant
Not sure where the mirror is from though...
The dice are from Star Wars Clone Wars figures. I've always thought that gluing them together into a wall and painting them would look pretty cool.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Imaginext toys - particularly the Pirates and Castle stuff - often feature to-Joe-scale accessories. Some are a little cartoonish and would benefit from a repaint but there are a number of pretty good items there, such as a telescope, treasure chests, etc. There's a Castle Battle Set that features a bunch of stuff like a throne, table with goblets/jug, globe, etc but I still haven't got around to photographing it.

That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Castle Wizard Tower
That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Pirate Skeleton Diver
That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Pirate Serpent Ship

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Sorry, yeah they are from a company called fiddle head and I saw them on Ebay for $10. I didn't get any but they are tempting. They would look great in my wizard's tower. They had a bunch of other stuff but those were the only ones I found particularly interesting.

Ebay Thinker

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Call of Cthulhu game pieces. These come in a bag with like 4 big ones and 15 of the little ones.

The Mayan artifacts

Some vase things that came with Monster High figures

Here is the book& stand from Papa Smurf's Lab playset

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Statue set from the movie. ~5 years old now. 7" or so.

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
This thread is hilarious! I have so many of the things shown here and have stored them all in my "artifacts and treasures" box. I even have those Smurfs sets! So funny how we all think alike.

I didn't see the Indiana Jones Spear of Destiny anywhere though.... Also, the company that makes those dino fossils and Egypt stuff also makes some cool presidential busts, but they're more 1:12 scale.

EDIT: P.S. I have the 1:18 scale Lament Configuration (aka Hellraiser Puxzzle box) too! So cool. Give it an ink wash or paint black and wipe raised areas, for an even cooler look.