Banner Theme Suggestions

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Didn't see a thread for suggestions for upcoming months, so I thought I'd start one. You guys can kill this if there is one.

This may not go over well, but I'd like to see some non-military themes. Sci-fi, or superhero (lots of MU figures out there), or something like that.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If I wanted any of your opinions I'd give them to you!! :D

I thought we had a thread like this but I guess it was just discussed in passing on another thread. I do like the idea of a movie scene. I'd give a two month notice for that because it could be a tough one.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
JoeDios has a "Weekend Warriors" thing where each weekend people are encouraged to post dios following a specific theme, for instance: Extreme Conditions, Men of the Sea, Leaders, Last Stand, Vehicles and Drivers, War Crimes, Crappy Figure Challenge, etc.

Maybe we could do something similar.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It's tough to get us organized that well. Doing this once a month usually only nets a few submissions. Hell, I had to dangle a damn Zombie in front of everyone to get more submissions!

It is something to consider while we are working with the forum formats.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Maybe one month could be replicating a famous photo with figures? Like Iwo Jima or something.

+1

Sounds like a great idea to me. The battle of Iwo Jima did occur between Feb and March.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I noticed in the last contest and in the one shot thread we have alot of sniper pics being taken. how bout a sniper month. We had talked about a rotating banner. Maybe a one shot - one kill banner. 1 pic of the sniper, 1 pic of the SOB who got shot. rotate image at each page refresh?

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
That's basically handing a win to RED though haha

:goodone:---LOL How about something like a Bar room/Strip Club dio??? It could be something that doesnt show T&A but gives you enough info to know that this is a Strip Club or a Bar. Even in the world of 118, our fightin' men need some R&R.:proposetoast:---RED---

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
What about a House Wars banner theme? Anyone can take that kind of photo, but not just anyone can make a compelling one.

I would lose that with flying colors, mostly because I have no clue wtf a "House War" is.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
how bout a companions theme.. characters with their pets... spirit/freedom, snake eyes/timber...etc etc

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Sci-Fi
Opticle illusions: No photoshop (best use of camera angles/tricks)
Hell on Earth
Fantisy (Heman/LOTR/fairy tales/etc)
Monster attack
Civilian
peace time troopers
Space
Water scene

EDIT: Thought of some more
Super hereos/villians vs Soldiers
Holiday themes.
fallen Comrades
Not what it seems - spies/traitors & evil masterminds.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
How about an advanced Photoshop theme that requires the picture to be a view looking through Night Vision goggles or other optics system - view from a UAV, UGV, vehicle optics, etc.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Problem with that is it requires people to have (and know how to use) Photoshop.. which will immediately disqualify a number of people.

We try to keep it as fair as possible for everyone.

Dude I'm disqualified most months due to lack of skill, but you don't hear me complaining :thumbsup:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Reenactment of famous scenes using figures? From a movie, show, anything really.

Nice, I like it. Can't wait to see the Clinton and Lewinsky recreation!

Dude I'm disqualified most months due to lack of skill, but you don't hear me complaining :thumbsup:

LOL you and me both.

Maybe a CGI 3D rendering only month.. haha

Or "Only owners of Tesla cars can enter month"