Bludd Bath

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Major Bludd is sent with a force of Cobra troopers with the mission to deliver a secure case to a M.A.R.S. facility in western Springfield. Upon arrival, Bludd senses something is off... The dropoff team is nowhere in sight, and they're much later than usual. While the handler team unloads the crate from the ARBCO tractor trailer, a small team scouts ahead.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Major Bludd is not happy:

"Where's the bloody pickup team? They were supposed to be here at 6:45pm sharp! Cobra Commander is going to have my ****ing balls for this. Viper, check down the alleyway and see if they're even at the door. They're not answering their comm-links."

"Yessir, Major Bludd... Hey, what ***hole put this dumpster here? They know better than to block the delivery path. Someone's going to get my boot up their ***..."

The team is able to squeeze past the dumpster, and although things seem to be quiet, there's an uneasy feeling in the squad. Suddenly, the dumpster springs to life:

"YO JOE!"

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
A team of Joes, led by Shipwreck bursts from the dumpster, and make quick work of the Cobra squad. Snake Eyes and Low-Light corner Major Bludd, who orders two troopers to attack. They're quickly dispatched, and Bludd reluctantly surrenders.

Along with the cargo and a lone Viper, the Joes have secured a high-profile target and one of the most dangerous members of the Cobra high command. What could have been so highly-prized as to require the Major to be the courier? Snake Eyes and Shipwreck quickly secure the prisoners and Low-Light and Roadblock radio for the extraction team, to get Destro's prized cargo in the safe hands of General Hawk...

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
WOW:eek:. This is so sweet words can't describe. I thought this dio was the bomb unpopulated but now i am almost speechless. That powered hand truck is the bomb, where did that come from? Man, you can tell a photostory better than I can vocalize a story.

Reactions: Mandingo Rex

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Haha, thanks guys. I added some story to it, although it's quickly and poorly written. I kind of want to do captions, but I hate putting text bubbles over the photography. Did it even need the dialogue?

Medd, it's a Bruder Logistics set. It came in a set with the pallets, 2 metal crates, and the wooden crate. I painted all of them though, and weathered them so they didn't look so much like toys.

I was still having a bit of an issue with lighting, but I'm having to play around with the DSLR. The shots didn't come out as well as with the jungle ruins dio, but they came out better than with my point-and-shoot, so quality is somewhere in the middle.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The dialogue isnt bad at all. It is actually very close to what I had imagined in my head. you didnt need it IMHO, the pics told the story brilliantly. But hey, It does add to it. I remeber you saying the pallets came from a set but didnt remember the hand truck. Im gonna get me one of those sets. Maybe two of them for the pallets and the cages would be perfect for my Night Adder dogs. Thanks for the link. I'll rep this as soon as it allows me to again.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Rex - this is awesome! Great story, great pics, awesome set up all the way around!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
When your girl get's pissed about that set Rex I'll give you my address. :D I'm glad you finally did a diorama with this set. It was quite a tease just seeing the set and not getting anything done with it. You really could have gotten away with no dialogue but it worked in fine. Did you use paint for blood or fake blood?

BTW, thanks for staling the title. ;) Changing the name a bit doesn't make it ok. I'll be calling my lawyer today. Expect a cease and desist letter next week. :p

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
This is beyond awesome. The dumpster, those trash cans, the fork lift, I'm very jealous. I dig the camera work too, and I thought the lighting helped to tell the story. I'm stealing lots of ideas from this. Definitely need to pick up one of those bruder sets. Any advice on where to get them?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
awesome to FIANLLY see this dio...really cool shots and poses in there...i love the one of Shippy beating the pulp out of that guy on the ground...and the Viper thats flat on his face with his arms at his sides looks sick!...SE on top of the crate was a nice touch and is EXACTLY where i would expect that dude to end up in a fight

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The realism of this dio is astounding! I can't imagine how long it took you to make this dio, but there are so many details that were taken into consideration that if the figures weren't in the shot, I probably wouldn't even realize that it's a 1:18 scale dio. You have some serious skills my friend.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Love this dio! The setting and attention to detail is killer. I really like the teams and the posing. Great pics

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Fuck'in A dude. That popin out of the dumpster shit is totally what the Joes would do, An it would totally work. Needs more lazerz

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Thanks guys! I had fun making it, and hope to do more.

This is beyond awesome. The dumpster, those trash cans, the fork lift, I'm very jealous. I dig the camera work too, and I thought the lighting helped to tell the story. I'm stealing lots of ideas from this. Definitely need to pick up one of those bruder sets. Any advice on where to get them?

The Bruder set is pretty awesome, I'll get a lot of use out of it. I got mine on Amazon for like $15? I think it falls under their free shipping as it's shipped by Amazon, too, if I'm not mistaken.

awesome to FIANLLY see this dio...really cool shots and poses in there...i love the one of Shippy beating the pulp out of that guy on the ground...and the Viper thats flat on his face with his arms at his sides looks sick!...SE on top of the crate was a nice touch and is EXACTLY where i would expect that dude to end up in a fight

I did a "between" shot of Snake Eyes hopping the dumpster and climbing the rig, but it didn't turn out (similar to the "shaky" shots that weren't intentional but I included them in the story because the commotion sort of worked... like Michael Bay!) and then I said, screw it, it's actually funnier if he's just suddenly on top of it. I mean, with his ninja superpowers, he could hop it in a flash anyways, amirite? :)

Fuck'in A dude. That popin out of the dumpster shit is totally what the Joes would do, An it would totally work. Needs more lazerz

I literally worked myself into a corner, and I was going to have them come out of the rolling door at the end of the alley, but then I figured it'd be funnier to have them come out of the dumpster, and yeah... totally a Joe thing. (I realize it's totally goofy and stupid, which is why I loved doing it. It's Joe fun!)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rex,... That is D y o m i t e!!!

Great work on the set. Like the weeds and all the props are spot on. I hate diolouge bubbles, it takes away from the photos in this type of dio.

Only thing I could say is, it may need is some loose debris like a little granular sand, real small and some shreaded paper for wrappers and the such.

Jumping out of the trash dumpster is classic!! Is that part of Budds training I wonder. How long can you stay in a fat and maggot infested dumpster instead of underwater in a pool.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
After studying this a little more it really just looks like toys on some painted foam. If you post this slop again it will get deleted. :D Now pack all that garbage up and send it up here so it can get recycled.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
first, whats in the crate?

second, after another looksie, what'd ya use for the blast from RBs gun?...or is it 'shoped in? cause it looks like you have some bullets hitting the bricks too...really cool detail...

third, what'd you make the lamps above the doors out of?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Rex,... That is D y o m i t e!!!

Great work on the set. Like the weeds and all the props are spot on. I hate diolouge bubbles, it takes away from the photos in this type of dio.

Only thing I could say is, it may need is some loose debris like a little granular sand, real small and some shreaded paper for wrappers and the such.

Jumping out of the trash dumpster is classic!! Is that part of Budds training I wonder. How long can you stay in a fat and maggot infested dumpster instead of underwater in a pool.

Thanks man, means a lot considering you're one of the jerks here who got me obsessed with dios! My girlfriend thanks you! :)

I know, I would like to have more trash and tiny beer cans/bottles. I actually have a bunch of in-scale newspapers that I need to weather more, but they're too crisp white right now. I also have been meaning to make some trash bags, and I considered sculpting some tiny rats and just random garbage. Maybe next round I'll have those? And guttering, maybe some signage. I'll reconfigure the street for the next shoot.

I do need some sand and stuff, but I shot this indoors on carpet, and would get crucified if I used that.

second, after another looksie, what'd ya use for the blast from RBs gun?...or is it 'shoped in? cause it looks like you have some bullets hitting the bricks too...really cool detail...

third, what'd you make the lamps above the doors out of?

The crate's full of Eddie's heterosexuality. Or what's left of it. I dunno really, I didn't plan that far ahead. A McGuffin Device, or glowing golden light?

RB's gun flare and the "p-ting/p-ting!" marks on the wall are photoshopped in. As was the blood (I know, cheating!). I tried to put some fake blood on the foam, but it soaks it up because it's too porous and turns anything gray or lighter into a pink color when washed off, even with some clear-coat applied.

The lamps are cut styrene for the post/arm, with an upside-down bowl from Michaels (in the dio section, there's like a Native American pottery set) and a clear bead for the bulb.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Actually, this little tale may continue... I could flesh it out in an interrogation scene or something.

I still plan on doing either a prequel or sequel to the jungle ruins dio. Crazylegs still needs rescuing after all, and it'd be cool to work in my Interrogator custom and Mindbender at some point.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the lamp head is what i was curious about...i couldnt find anything like that...thanks for the tip....

the GF musta been gone this wkend huh?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
the lamp head is what i was curious about...i couldnt find anything like that...thanks for the tip....

the GF musta been gone this wkend huh?

Always curious about head, this guy! No prob, man.

Actually, yep. Overnight trip to Napa with the girls. I still got yelled at when she got back because there were toys all over (which I cleaned up, I cleaned them up!).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
they (our chicks) must cream their jeans whenever they see other men doing manly stuff and NOT playing with toys...