Captain America figures

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
to anyone in the Chicago area: computers are showing Cap figures IN STOCK at many Chicago area Targets! South Loop, McKinley Park, S. Pulaski, Cicero, Near North, Mid North, and Brickyard all show in stock-- DCPI is 087062273, should be worth a call or visit!

Pooda over on theFwoosh.com got some...
Postby pooda » 26 Apr 2011 21:38
these figures are okay at best. the WWII cap is the only "awesome" figure so far.
he has the gi joe wrist that let you move them up and down as well as turn them. he also has the same ankles that the bleeding edge IM has. he has no waist swivel, but he does have great movement in the ab area(up/down, left/right) he can look up, and his helmet is removable. he also has shoulder swivels.

his shield can plug in to his back, and he can store his sidearm.

classic cap is a let down. he has the new hips, and thats about it. no shoulder swivels, no wrist articulation, and he cant look up.

his shield looks nice, and it can be stored on his back, but it has no straps, and it sits pretty high when plugged in.

winter soldier is another let down. his articulation is the same as the classic cap...neck and all.

he has no cord on his arm, and his gun on his chest isnt removable . he does have a removable sidearm, though.

his jet pack is pretty cool, though

i passed on the ultimate cap..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still gonna grab the Winter Soldier for the SVD.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That would be nice. Still, Fire and Icing is better than the work i'd have to do to a Marauder one.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I think I found a better CA body than the MU one. The MU one just seems kind of skinny next to some of the other chracters. Hopefully with some work I can get a decent comics-accurate Cap.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
It looks like it is. Luckily the SDCC one that I have is a better paint job. I wish they would release him in OD green. That would make my life so much easier.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
C-96 Mauser is sure an odd weapon for an amnesiac American-turned-Communist super soldier.

And the shoulder rig for it is completely wrong.

What? ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
TRUTH BURNS!

Anyhoo, like i said, he's an accessories purchase.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
WWII cap, the cap you'll ever need.

Can't wait to see more pics of the Hydra troops.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm. Wonder where Wally is gonna put them. They've got those Green Abortion figures on one of those little 12" wide displays they can tack on at the end of aisles.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I saw these in the store. I want that web gear from Classic Cap, but that's about it.

To be honest, to swipe the web gear is all I'd want from these guys. The parachute "deluxe" figure I almost got for his pack, but it was $10 and not worth it. I did pick up the armored one to steal the chest gear and helmet to make a SAW Viper.

Overal, wasn't very impressed when I saw these in-store.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Generally this is an "accessories for GI Joe" line.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I saw these in the store. I want that web gear from Classic Cap, but that's about it.

To be honest, to swipe the web gear is all I'd want from these guys. The parachute "deluxe" figure I almost got for his pack, but it was $10 and not worth it. I did pick up the armored one to steal the chest gear and helmet to make a SAW Viper.

Overal, wasn't very impressed when I saw these in-store.
Which store was this?
My Target wouldn't let me buy any out of the back. :(

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Man, I've been waiting for these figures! TRU won't put them out till the 16th! =(
Been checking other places and nothing yet.

I just want the WWII cap mostly. .. for now.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Man, I've been waiting for these figures! TRU won't put them out till the 16th! =(
Been checking other places and nothing yet.

I just want the WWII cap mostly. .. for now.

I hear ya. My buddy who works at walmart has told me the same thing. They are in the backroom with "street Date May 16th" written on the cases.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's all well and good, but where else are you gonna find one in 1:18?

At last my John Marston custom will be complete.

Not really, but i'm sure i can find a use for a C-96.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dr. Doom has one... http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_MU_SWcomic10.asp
It is a little bit bigger.

Here is a comparison with Joe's

I couldn't find my MJ one.

Looks fine. The Joe SVDS was grossly under scale. Anyone that's held a SVD or the similarly shaped ROMAK III knows they are large guns.

The Marauder one i know has an over sized butt-stock to accommodate the ARAH hand style.

I knew about the Doom one, but i don't see any Dooms floating around locally, and why buy a figure i don't want for one accessory when i can buy one i don't want and get 2?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're supposed to be out everywhere today. The laziness of your store stocking unit will determine the truth of the matter.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
There's a little TRU right here. Pretty sure they're going to be stocked upon opening. The guy working there said he tried to put them out earlier but the system wouldn't let him.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Just walked over to the TRU right here where I work. Picked up a WW2 Cap and Winter Soldier. No movie cap and no Red skull =[

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Wave two will have the first of the movie figures in it, so Red Skull and Movie Cap will be there, along with Crossbones, US Agent and Captain Britain.

I picked up WWII Cap today. He's pretty 'eh'.