Cardboard Mobile Missile System

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Hi guys! :wave:

Well...this is the start of my new project. I've decided to start doing G.I.Joe vehicles and sets from scratch out of household items. And the first one from my list was MMS aka Mobile Missile System.
I call vehicles like this as "15 bucks vehicles"...cause for 15 dollars you can find nearly a complete one on Ebay. But due to my location those 15 becoming up to 50-70...and to be honest I wont pay so much for it. So what to do? - Yup, lets try to build it.

For those who want to see and won't to scroll the WIP progress:
This is what I came up

DSCN3752 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

Made from cardboard, garden tube connectors (the simple ones for rockets, and the other 2 for wheels, some pencil parts, tiny drinking straws for the elevator, and 2 litle tubes of super glue =)

P.S.: Special thanks to my girlfriend who was so nice and photoshopped me those tiny decals. She's superb...:thumbsup:

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
The elevating system =)

DSCN3700 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

The first rocket and front legs.

DSCN3701 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3704 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

With the PC and cord attached.

DSCN3705 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3706 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3707 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

Paint and stickers:

DSCN3709 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3748 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3751 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

DSCN3750 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

And the main thing of it: it can be towed by the VAMP as the orginal one :pirate:

DSCN3753 by HUNMARINE, on Flickr

Thx for looking...:thumbsup:

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Wow, I love your cardboard scratch built stuff. This one is just as amazing as the others!

Thank you Med! :wave:
I know it isn't look identical to the real one...but I tried to copy its functions and playability as much as I could. I decided to build up G.I.Joe stuff wich I really want to own but cant afford for the moment. MMS was the first one ;)

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
I can't see the pictures here at work Hun but I'm sure this is as amazing as your other stuff.
I'll check back when I return in a week!

Thank you WildBill. If you'll have some troubles to watch them - just PM me..I'll try ro send some pics of it if you want =)

Pretty damn cool. I wish I had your build skills!

Thanks! :calvin:
Well...it works like 3D modelling but only inside your head. You just try to simplify a model into simple geometric forms and details, than bit by bit you just push them together like LEGO blocks =)
Just try it someday on something simple.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Holy Shit! That is awesome!

Thank you! =)
I'm working on the next "set"...hope you will like it too)

I start with the simple ones..than I'll try to do some heavy stuff of G.I. Joe and Cobra sets/vehicles. And my brother was so suprised that I did this MMS..so he asked me to do Star Wars stuff (his a big fan of those). Well i like the SW series..maybe you guys will see some "cardboard/household stuff" SW sets/vehicles too someday ;)