Custom Urban/Military Loadout - WIP!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Or "Operation: CUM Load" as NSA has so eloquently put it...

In an effort to help customizers, the purpose of this thread is to show loadouts currently used by the military and law enforcement agencies. The idea is that with the pictures being provided, customizers will be able to get a better idea of what the military and law enforcement agencies carry out in the field, so that vests/harnesses/etc... can be made to look as realistic and practical as possible on their customs. Our hope is that the forum members will provide pictures, as well as share their knowledge and help others learn.

This thread/resource is a WIP, and we'll be trying to figure out the best way to organize and provide detailed information as we go along. For now, feel free to post pictures of loadouts and military equipment and provide information, if you're able to. For those that are able to share information (i.e. what a specific piece of equipment being carried is call, what purpose it serves and if there is a designated, or more favorable place or way of carrying it on one's person), please provide pictures as references when providing this information.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Looks like the standard US Army ACU issued loadout:

I think this is your standard rifleman kit with a M4/M16 etc.

Peltor set with a ACH helmet

A variation includes a cable from each earpiece that goes to a centrally worn switch allowing an RTO to plug in and use two different radios:

SF Commo Sgts often use them to operate their intra-team radio (usually a PRC-148 worn on their armor carrier) and another radio in a pack like a PRC-117G or a PSC-5D that may be used for SATCOM or LOS to supporting A/C:

Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE):

Modular Tactical Vest:

Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV):

S.P.E.A.R. (ELCS) - Special Operations Forces Personal Equipment Advanced Requirement (Load Carrying System)

S.P.E.A.R. (BALCS)

(Unknown):

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Here's a communications loadout that I've been wanting to use as a reference for a modern Breaker, Dialtone, and Sparks:

Peltor set with a ACH helmet

A variation includes a cable from each earpiece that goes to a centrally worn switch allowing an RTO to plug in and use two different radios:

SF Commo Sgts often use them to operate their intra-team radio (usually a PRC-148 worn on their armor carrier) and another radio in a pack like a PRC-117G or a PSC-5D that may be used for SATCOM or LOS to supporting A/C:

Of course, I have no idea what half the crap is and what it does. Someone else provided me with the information I've included, but if anyone else is able to elaborate or explain in better detail, go for it!

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
We will be gathering all the pictures so we can hopefully host them locally as well.

It won't be an exhaustive database, but should at least have some direction.

Probably divide it by service branch and then MOS maybe.

Could also have a Camo section for different countries camo patterns etc.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I remember I wanted to make that helmet but I think the only way to do it is as a complete head sculpt. It will look goofy as a separate piece.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think kamouflage.net has a good country resource, they're just kind of lacking present day camos of other countries.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE)
Modular Tactical Vest
Improved Load Bearing Equipment (ILBE)
Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV)

There are the names and acronyms, you do your own GISes.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE)
Modular Tactical Vest
Improved Load Bearing Equipment (ILBE)
Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV)

There are the names and acronyms, you do your own GISes.

Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE):

Modular Tactical Vest:

Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV):

S.P.E.A.R. (LCS) - Special Operations Forces Personal Equipment Advanced Requirement (Load Carrying System)

Not sure how they got that but yeah, it was a thing :)

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Fantastic idea!...what a great resource!

It would be doubly awesome if there was a place we could get plain Jane vests and a variety of pouches and holsters that we could add on to the vests and customize as we see fit

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the look of these two which are slightly different than each other...the black one reminds me of the one on PoC Stalker and Duke

Last edited by a moderator:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

It would be doubly awesome if there was a place we could get plain Jane vests and a variety of pouches and holsters that we could add on to the vests and customize as we see fit

Hopefully we can get some of the customizers to help us out with this.. haha

1. Get database together
2. Get database working
3. ????
4. Profit

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I wish someone would do a good set of ALICE (or earlier) webbing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's what all the Joes would have been wearing during the ARAH period. It's really outdated for the customs most guys are doing.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I like the look of these two which are slightly different than each other...the black one reminds me of the one on PoC Stalker and Duke

I've been working on the 30th Stalker web gear to get it plain where pouches can be added to look like this. Where Hasbro leaves pouches somewhat hollowed makes it problematic as this leaves holes in the web gear.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I've updated the 1st page with the pics that have been provided thus far. If anyone knows what certain vests/harnesses/etc... are called, or if you notice the wrong name has been applied to something, please, let me know so that it can be corrected.

Thanks!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I should stop painting buckles and such silver on my customs huh?

That's something I learned when I started trying to make my customs more realistic last year. Of course, if you're just trying to update Joes but not make them completely realistic, there's liberty to do whatever pleases you asthink far as aesthetics go. But yeah, my updated Sgt. Flash that I based off of ceraurus' design would likely be the first one to get shot on the battlefield; a moving bullseye.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know it's very out dated now, but I think it adds detail that without makes the torso area kinda bland color wise...

IF I ever get enough green DG Shippys to redo my OG13, I think I'll add the silver like you suggested Cloud...and of course some orange for Flash/GS :D

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012

On the left the front adjustment straps are a bit longer than on the right one. Otherwise they are the same.
The DTC Barrel Roll came with a really cool tac vest.
Would be great if Jesse could cast that one.

Also the 25th Beachhead had a nice vest (the one open in front, not the one with the leg straps and the anaemic chest rig).

It would be cool if, let's say, Jesse, would offer something like the cleaned Shocktrooper plate carrier with an assortment of mag pouches, knife sheaths and holsters as a kit so every customizer could put together individual rigs.