Daina

ska_lives

Junk Master Flash
Sep 1, 2013
ROcky Mount, NC
Part 2 of the commissions that I was asked to do. Daina seems to be the goto Oktober Guard figure to make since the 50th LJ came out. All things considered the figure was a simple paint job. The only big customization of the original came from modifying the hat into the cliche russian fur cap. Im pleased with how the sculpt turned out, but not the photos of the hat. It looks so much better in hand, the details pop more, in the images they just seem flat. Also, the little star sucked to make. I wound up using pressed gluestick shavings and cut them into the star shape after I attached it to the hat. It was then allowed to dry, coated in Krazy glue to seal and add more support, and finally painted.

Anywho, I hope you dig it. Let me know what you think!

Recipe:
Head: 50th Lady Jaye w/ sculpt
Rest: 50th Lady Jaye

Accessories:
Web gear: 50th Lady Jaye
Dragunov: POC Cobra Trooper
Rifle: Misc. Joe Fodder

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The ushanka kind of clashes with the open collar and rolled-up sleeves. She could use some more pouches on her LBE if not a different set altogether, and a new rifle. Just say "no" to the Hasbro SVDS.

ska_lives

Junk Master Flash
Sep 1, 2013
ROcky Mount, NC
The ushanka kind of clashes with the open collar and rolled-up sleeves. She could use some more pouches on her LBE if not a different set altogether, and a new rifle. Just say "no" to the Hasbro SVDS.

Nah, not going for realism. Going for aestheticly pleasing and referencing other versions of the character.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I get it. Guess why I'd never be into commissions.

ska_lives

Junk Master Flash
Sep 1, 2013
ROcky Mount, NC
I get it. Guess why I'd never be into commissions.

Yeah, going for total realism is tricky man. Im not fluent in enough real world military jargon and such to do it justice. I just aim as close as I can with certain things and hope for the best y'know?
If Im making real world style customs I try to fake it til I make it...or mimic what ive seen done elsewhere.

If I do commission work, Ill do the best that I can to make what they want, and occasionally throw in a little personal spice (ala the hat).

On an aside, Im sure there is a good demand for customs that adhere to a strict real world rendition, and with your know how you could knock it out of the park on commissions for those!