Finished: Nazi zombie

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Not much to show right now. I got the idea from someone over on the tank who made a Sucker Punch zombie...even though it looked more like a Jin-Roh Panzer cop. I want mine to look a little more like the SP zombies except for maybe the steam-drive equipment. I've got a copy of the 30th ann. Iron Grenadier helmet coming from Hunter Artworks, shave off a little detail and it should make a good Stahlhelm. I was going to go for a WWI German look, but I'd have to scratch build the Picklehaub. I know everything else isn't accurate, figured the rifle would be close enough. The suspenders are WAY off, I suppose I could make some out of masking tape or some such. They had "Y" suspenders, right?

You know where the body came from, the head is a SDS piece, rifle from one of those Crimson Guard 25th ann. figures.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got a copy of the 30th ann. Iron Grenadier helmet coming from Hunter Artworks, shave off a little detail and it should make a good Stahlhelm.

Or you could just paint the front section of the IG helmet a different color than the rest, paint the straps and call it a anti-sniper brow plate.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
K, thanks for the helmet tips. I might go with a strikeplate-less look as it seems most of the troops didn't have it?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, and Twilight made over 192 million Domestic, doesn't mean it's worth a shit.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Wow that movie made a grand total of 41,709 dollars. I'm guessing funding for the sequel will be hard to raise.

Wikipedia says it had a Box office of $1,984,662

It made almost 2 million but cost almost 2 million to make. thats why it only earned 41 grand after production costs are removed. I wouldnt watch it again, although the zombies weren't done bad.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I guess I shouldn't call this a Nazi, as this is more WWI and the Nazi party had not yet formed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A lot of the Nazi high command saw action in WWI, and the Wehrmacht had it's share of vets.

Hermann Göring was an ace for crying out loud.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I should have known some vets would be present, I'm pretty rusty on my history.

So K, am I close to being accurate on this?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It looks the part well enough. The load bearing gear is pretty far off, but unless you're gonna take a set of Dragon gear and scratch build the y-straps what can you do? I dunno how prevalent jackboots were among non-cavalry units.

Hell, I like it.

It kind of makes me want to do a zombie Sturmmann.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Great, I'm glad you like it!

Yeah, I could have gone further but that kinda takes away from it. I mean, part of the challenge is to see if you can make a custom with what you have, right? I could have shaved off some of the pouches but you can only do so much of that without making it look like an angry badger got hold of it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, using what you have is part of the fun.

Still, those Dragon belts are a seperate piece that come right off, no fuss. :D

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks Homer, and I see what you mean!

K, it's just a PIT Commando gas mask, shaved a bit off the snout, cut the filter off the side, built up a new snout with milliput and attached the original filter to the end.