The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Looks like the zip line thing the vintage figs came with

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I dropped into WM this morning for some oil, and I noticed that they had two big racks of clearance toys in the isle. There were some COD megabloks in there, red tag and all. I was excited until I realize that the red tag clearance price was the exact same thing as the regular shelf price. They were among all the other clearance toys that were 40-50% off, but not these. WTF.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Wth?!...Kreo gets ARAH accurate figs before the 1:18th line? Law and Order previously, and now Budo?...a-holes..

And they pack Xamot in with the Terrordrome?...d!cks...that is gonna be one seriously pricey Kreo on scalperbay...

Yeah, I didn't like that concept. But as a collector, it's easy to get the both as Tomax is in the blind bag and those are easy to pick out.

Wht I despise is the Hiss, Destro and Baroness in a Ninja temple making the set $80. Total waste of of a set. They could have easily made the Hiss set with something else and the ninja temple a stand alone set.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
"Attention! Attention! The main dojo will be occupied by the Lebowitz bar mitzvah between 8pm and 10:30pm. All ninjas report to the alternate temple. Everyone must wear red or grey pajamas. Tonight's movie is a representation of Gymkata. Again."

See, now you've gone and made the existence of that set worth it.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
This clearance aisle at my WM reminded of Ewok, lol

Attachments

• 20140226_110335.jpg
    20140226_110335.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 13

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, they were getting left out in the cold of the Lego/Kreo/Megabloks feeding frenzy of the last couple of years. It makes sense that they'd want to get a finger in that pie. Of course, I have no faith in their ability to manage a brand, but I have no doubt we'll see Hot Wheels and Barbie building block sets withing the year.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
well, looks like collecting Mega Bloks is no longer a viable choice. They will over do licenses to compete with LEGO as well as put something out to compete with the popular GI JOE kreo.

It s funny though because Mattel couldn't create their own block set and had to buy one of the others.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I don't know how mattel has become the world's largest toy company. They couldn't find their collective ass with both hands and a flashlight. Yet what does that say about hasbro that they are unable to overtake an inept market leader?

I think the key words in the story were "license partners". They needed something fast, an established brand name, with established engineering, design, production, etc of building blocks. They have licensed properties with tv shows and movies on the horizon, and they need to get product out quickly. They don't want to go the hasbro route by starting from scratch, climb the learning curve, and three years later, end up a single retailer exclusive.

While I really like Joe and TF kreos, to call the entire Kreo effort a big financial success would be wrong. Flopping at WM & Target, only to become a TRU-only product has to sting. Mattel was given a fantastic example of how hard it is to do a ground-up Lego competitor. If the price was right, I'd have just bought megabloks too. I like the move for mattel; I just have no faith that mattel won't fubar the end result.

Make no mistake, the Lego Movie's success and subsequent building block craze (I know it's sweeping our house. My kids can't get enough) was making Matty feel left out in the cold. They were watching those dollars just fly into their competitors' pockets.

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Well so long as they don't fuck with Mega or the Halo and CoD block lines, I'll be buying/importing.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Interesting, I hope they keep the mega brand name and dont slap matty logos all over it.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
woot! thanks for the heads up. May the search begin! :thumbsup:

Ditto.. I may need to scan wave 2 codes again and see if there are any worth picking up multiples to clear some inventory out. :thumbsup:

Also need to get my loose 1:18 joes I don't care about up and sold so I have space and cash.