Germanized?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I need some ideas on how to get these SW guys to feel a bit more German. They are awesome with ball hips and removable helmets. Colors are perfect.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Tough one. Other than a German camo pattern you could try sleeve ranks on the left arm and breast eagles on the right side of the chest.

Really needs a German helmet, though. Don't think you can do that without an entire head change.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Couldn't you just extend the neck portion of the helmet to give it more of the "fritz" helmet feel to it?

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I am working on something like this. I am painting a evotrooper His black under suit will be painted in German Grey, While his armor will be either in a WW1 camo scheme or pea dot have not decided. Hell my reverse it to. I still have not decided how I want to do his helmet and a rig for his stick grenades.

I would say paint his suit in splinter and his armor in grey and weather it and add some ranks. If you don't want to paint then just go with what K-T stated.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I bought him specifically for his colors, so no real painting to be done. It's figuring out a way to make the helmet feel more German like Midget said. They are driving mechs, so it's fair to say the Germans made some new helmets to go along with them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good luck with that, the Germans didn't even bother with a special helmet for their tank crews, why would they for fictional mechs?

This is a case of like what happened to my WWII IM custom. It looks too much like what it is, a SW Clone shoehorned into WWII alternate reality.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The only suggestion I would make is on the boots, but it's the helmet you asked about.

Maybe paint it a dark grey in a few spots?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i'd get rid of the white...

and as cool as a head sculpt it is, its just TOO Star Wars-y...maybe you can use some of it, but the eye section has to go IMO...even that mouth part is too much...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Good luck with that, the Germans didn't even bother with a special helmet for their tank crews, why would they for fictional mechs?

This is a case of like what happened to my WWII IM custom. It looks too much like what it is, a SW Clone shoehorned into WWII alternate reality.

I was wondering that... I can't remember seeing a German tank crew in anything other than a hat.

I guess I will just cut the antenna off and leave the figure unmolested since I really like it and no amount of hacking can make it fit. I'll just keep using my TC's for dios.

Thanks guys for the brainstorming.