Halo: Reach figures.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
From someone who generally doesn't give a flying squirrel shit about Halo: those armor packs are kind of cool.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm sending the Square Enix Play Arts Halo: Reach set back to BBTS this evening. I got all 6 of them in yesterday and 2 of them were already broken when I opened them. Screw that! They're store credit to go towards my future Joe and MU purchases.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I had not seen any reviews, so glad I stuck with the McFarlane figs for $10 a pop.

Yeah, McFarlane is definitely the way to go. I haven't bought any of the Reach figures though. They're not in scale w/the previous Halo 3/ODST/Wars figures and I couldn't bring myself to get them for that reason. I have close to 50 (I think...) of the Halo 3/ODST/Wars figures.

I was happy to hear that they're releasing some more in the old scale later this year :D I'll definitely be getting Dutch, a couple of Grunts. I hope they release the rest of the ODST team and some more new figs in the original scale.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The scale difference sucks, especially with the Marines, but I gave all my old spartans to my cousins and kept the Reach ones. No real qc issues with the new figures so far.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The scale difference sucks, especially with the Marines, but I gave all my old spartans to my cousins and kept the Reach ones. No real qc issues with the new figures so far.

I've heard that the quality is better with the Reach figures. That's definitely a good thing. I think had issues w/3 of my Halo figures. I ended up breaking a hand off of two of them after taking them straight out of the packaging and 1 of my Hunters had a piece of his plasma cannon gauntlet (don't know what else to call it) glued on crooked. I was able to fix the Hunter without any problems though and you'd never even know anything was wrong with it.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, world of difference between the Halo 3, ODST and the Reach figures. The first 2 were worse than Bravo Team figures about falling to pieces out of the package.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I have about 30 or so of the Reach figs and the only trouble I have had is a wonky hip joint or two. Oh, and a red spartan form the loadout two pack that doesn't have and wash on his knees, they are bright red. No biggie.
They are a HELL of a lot better than the exploding figs from Halo 3. I stopped collecting them after the Rookie fiasco. That GD thing had explosives in its joints. I gave him to my kids along with my exploding Hayabusa armor one.

Still have yet to find Oni Dare at a decent price though. =(

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
PCS, I may take you up on that. Watcha looking to get for it?

On a side note: Series 4 is out now. I picked up the USNC Marine. They STILL don't have swivel biceps(you'd think by now TMP would have listened to the people buying the toys) and also it looks as if his helmet isn't big enough for his head. The clear visor is pretty neat though. Also, he comes with the standard rifle it seems everyone else does, not the pistol as pictured on the back of the cards. I take some pictures later tonight when the wife is away.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Pictures as promised. Sorry I am a few days late. Kids have had my attention non stop.

Last two if you look under the visor you can see the jawbone of the trooper under the helmet painted brown. Doesn't look right to me. Again, big disappointment with the arms having now bicep swivel yet. I will add it later. I have like 6 troopers to add arm swivels to...better get busy.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Pictures as promised. Sorry I am a few days late. Kids have had my attention non stop.

Last two if you look under the visor you can see the jawbone of the trooper under the helmet painted brown. Doesn't look right to me. Again, big disappointment with the arms having now bicep swivel yet. I will add it later. I have like 6 troopers to add arm swivels to...better get busy.

Yeah it looks like they did a poor paint job on the chin there. The good thing is that you can slap some flesh tone paint on there w/out having to repaint any other areas! But you shouldn't have to do that, as the figure should be painted correctly in the first place.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The Reach Marines are such a letdown with their shitty arms. I was ready to troop build these guys with all of their great versions, but no way in hell I'm going to do surgery on them. Glad I have a squad of the ODST ones still.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
PCS,
I have added swivels to a few of my troopers. What a difference it makes. They can actually hold their guns now. I have to say though, it takes so balls to do it the first time. After that it's easy.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Uploading my mini haul of Reach troops. Found another ODST jet troop and the grey armor upgrade pack. Used my extra Noble Six guys for the armor additions:

Yeah, there is a FOV Bradley in the back. That's for my nephew...=)

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I picked up the Red Mongoose Set at Target last Friday before seeing Captain America. I had also picked up the Assassin's Creed 4-inch figures and the 6-inch Batman: Legacy figures as well.

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Surprisingly, it is the Target Exclusive Spartan that I am waiting on last as they are usually the first to get the Exclusives out in my area.

I found the Gamestop Exclusive Steel/Pale ODST Spartan Today at Gamestop for $11.99 in Oklahoma. It is in fact a Gamestop Exclusive. They recieved a case yesterday and it consited of the following:

FIGURES
X2 HALO: REACH SERIES 04 – JORGE NOBLE 5/SPARTAN-052 (Olive/Steel) [Unhelmeted]
X2 HALO: REACH SERIES 04 – SPARTAN MARK V (Male) (Blue/Steel)
X1 HALO: REACH SERIES 04 – SPARTAN ODST (Male) (Steel/Pale) - Gamestop Exclusive
X1 HALO: REACH SERIES 04 – UNSC MARINE (Male)
X1 HALO: REACH SERIES 04 – BRUTE MINOR (Blue Armor)
X1 HALO: REACH SERIES 04 – GRUNT MAJOR (Tan/Brown)

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I never bothered with the Halo stuff. The figures seemed to be too big of a scale in comparison to my other stuff and Halo stuff is very expensive in my opinion.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Lancelot,
They are out of scale and a bit pricey for the $$$$ but you get a great fig. Expensive? I think for the detail and size they are priced about right in comparison to Joes. That level of detail with the articulation sold me(not just because I love space marine type things).

BTW, things have dried up here. My buddy texted me the other night and told me the warthogs were on clearance on Target for 50% off. So far, no warthogs to be found in my area.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
cool. I still find it hard to start collecting them though. I'm not a big Halo fan. If the Alien figures were a bit smaller I'd want them so they could fight the old storm troopers and joes.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Just picked up the red mongoose. I love it. Will be going back for more reds/green gooses. BTW, I looked at the zombie-three pack of guys. Look closely at the hands....only the robot armed guy looks like he could hold the energy blade(MAYBE). The other hands are not split at the fingers to hold the blade properly.

I also saw that series 3 single figs are 12.99 but series 4 is 15.99. Caution should be taken at TRU. I'm going back on Thursday to stock up with coupons in hand.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the Halo figures, but since they aren't 1:18 scale I have no room, need or the budget, but while at Target today I saw new figures that seemed closer to GI Joe size.

They were definately smaller that the other Halo figures.

What's the deal, any of you,...... PCS know what's up?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
They have those Reach figures with ATVs over at TRU look pretty boss.

@Rick: dunno which Halo figures you saw. They see like they've been the same since after the Halo 3 line. ... I think those might've been bigger than what's currently out there. Then there's the Halo Minimates, which are way smaller of course.

Me personally I prefer the Playarts line

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Rick,
You may have seen the Anniversary figs. They are re-releases of some of the Halo3 figs. The ODST's from that line are "fairly" close to Joe size. I will take a comparison pic or two when my lil demons(kids) go to bed.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Legoguy I think you are right. I ptried to compare to Destro. Real close

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Rick,
here is a comparison pic...with POC Tomahawk and ODST:

ODST is much taller and bulkier. I think they are supposed to be about 6'6 so they are a bit big by Joe scale.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ratts, still to big. Those figs are cool, but I have to stick to one scale.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
If anyone cares about these, I just picked up a couple of single figs on clearance at Wal-Mart for $7 each. These are from the latest wave too(Wave 4). They also had Hog's and Ghost's on clearance too. Check those Wally's!!!!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Dammit, I haven't found crap on clearance lately. My stores are either all bought out or didn't have the good stuff in the first place.