Joe Mission Briefing

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
No background story, just throwing together some of the recent Marauder stuff I got in, with some new Joes and some customs and the background walls I made. More or less playing around and testing out the DSLR some more and showcasing some Marauder product and Slayer Design heads. :)

I still haven't quite gotten the settings right (because I'm retarded with cameras, but it's at least a nice camera, so I couldn't screw it up toooo bad), but as soon as I got it all set up, it became overcast and I lost a good deal of the light, so it is not exactly what I wanted, but some shots turned out okay.

Anyways, enjoy. I like the way Flint turned out in it. I'm going to attempt some more shots in a little bit, it's just me playing around.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Very cool and the lighting is cool too depite not being what you wanted.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I like the group shots.

It looks like Flint isn't happy with Hawk and Duke is almost eye-fucking him... I'm sure Eddie will like that :)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funny guys, Rex, I think the lighting is perfect. It may have looked dark, but the camera usually sucks in alot of light.

My fav is the guy in the life vest. He is slumped back as if he was thinking "God do I have to listen to this crap again, just tell me who's ass I gotta kick so I can take a nap first"

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Some more shots, I tweaked the scene a little... Adjust the lighting a little but it seemed to turn out the same. Anyways, removed that goofy jetpack, it was a distraction and shifted the guys around, and added in some. I guess this is a little later in the briefing. Flint's still pissed. :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hey Rex, I see Thunder in there but can't get a good look at him. Is that a stock ROC one or a custom or.....

I'm interested cuz I want a Thunder but wanna know if the roc one is worth picking up

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Very cool and the lighting is cool too depite not being what you wanted.

I guess it's okay, it turned out cool enough. One of those things where you had something else in mind, but even though it turned out alright, you're still kinda irritated with it? I dunno...

I like the group shots.

It looks like Flint isn't happy with Hawk and Duke is almost eye-fucking him... I'm sure Eddie will like that :)

I'm sure a lot of these dudes would butt heads, even though they are well aware of the rank... You put a lot of military hot shots in one room together, and shit's gonna get heated. I threw Sarge in, he's about to whoop Flint and Duke's asses combined. :)

Funny guys, Rex, I think the lighting is perfect. It may have looked dark, but the camera usually sucks in alot of light.

My fav is the guy in the life vest. He is slumped back as if he was thinking "God do I have to listen to this crap again, just tell me who's ass I gotta kick so I can take a nap first"

Yeah, like I said, it turned out different than I intended. A little dark, but maybe it helps the shot? Thanks guys, for the comments. That dude's Cutter, in the life vest. I just got finished with the head sculpt from SDS a few weeks ago, and haven't had time to do a proper post of him.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hey Rex, I see Thunder in there but can't get a good look at him. Is that a stock ROC one or a custom or.....

I'm interested cuz I want a Thunder but wanna know if the roc one is worth picking up

To be honest, he was never a huge favorite of mine, and I think the ROC figure was a close enough update, all things considered.

I liked it enough, although he's not very accurate to the OG figure... I added the head gear from the vintage figure and that scope or whatever that came with him. He's a Resolute Duke repaint with a red-headed Hawk head, but he looks alright. One of these days, I'm going to fix him and Crankcase to be a lot more accurate.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Very awesome, MR. I too like Cutter's "I'm going to just sit back and watch these guys put our fire with gasoline" relaxed attitude.

Is that Lifeline a custom?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
To be honest, he was never a huge favorite of mine, and I think the ROC figure was a close enough update, all things considered.

I liked it enough, although he's not very accurate to the OG figure... I added the head gear from the vintage figure and that scope or whatever that came with him. He's a Resolute Duke repaint with a red-headed Hawk head, but he looks alright. One of these days, I'm going to fix him and Crankcase to be a lot more accurate.

okay, I'll head over to yojoe sometime and look him over. Sounds like I'll pass on him lol. I've always wondered about him and the roc heavy metal. They aren't must haves but I've always planned on picking them up just never got around to it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Very awesome, MR. I too like Cutter's "I'm going to just sit back and watch these guys put our fire with gasoline" relaxed attitude.

Is that Lifeline a custom?

Yep! I made him with the mindset that Hasbro wouldn't make him. He's about a year old. I'm stoked to get the official one, but he was one of my favorites so far. It's a shame I'll have to retire him. The head is from Slayer Design Studios.

Uh oh, looks like flint's gonna start some sh!t! I love the set up. Is that the stock rock n roll head?

Thanks man. Nope, I hate the tiny pea-head that came with Hasbro's RnR. I made my own V1/2 hybrid and used the SDS head for it. Much better!

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Yep! I made him with the mindset that Hasbro wouldn't make him. He's about a year old. I'm stoked to get the official one, but he was one of my favorites so far. It's a shame I'll have to retire him. The head is from Slayer Design Studios.

Sweet job. He looks spot on, I wasn't sure if you somehow got an early release of the 30th Anny from Hasbro or China.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Great Stuff MR. Flint looks extremely intense, while Scarlett's in the back looking bored to death. She's probably thinking, "Who's dick's gonna be in my mouth tonight?"

Have fun with that one Eddie.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Dude, your dios are absolutely awesome! I keep having to tell myself that I don't have time for dios with everything I have on my plate now, but you're making it difficult to not start.

Keep up the good work!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

lol, i like the fact that, HE'S IN A LIFE VEST....haha...where s the risk of drowning?

great set ups MR...you can kinda feel the commotion in the room, the heated discussion...cool collection of props too

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Great Stuff MR. Flint looks extremely intense, while Scarlett's in the back looking bored to death.

I love how their static expressions sort of work in this scene (except for Lift-Ticket, he just looks like a halfwit). Everyone seems to hate that Flint head sculpt, but it's one of the best ones from the 25th if you ask me. Scarlett needs a tan, damn gingers.

lol, i like the fact that, HE'S IN A LIFE VEST....haha...where s the risk of drowning?

great set ups MR...you can kinda feel the commotion in the room, the heated discussion...cool collection of props too

Hey, I could take off the life vest, but then he'd just look like Shipwreck! And he's pulling the Marty McFly look, leave him alone. At least Wet-Suit had the decency to slip out of his suit and put on some clothes! :D

I liked most of the props, except for the second set of shots, I removed the goofy jetpack. I guess during the meeting break, that someone jetted off with it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Another great one Rex. so much to see here. wow. i too like the way Cutter is positioned the best, so relaxed he even looks like he is scracthing his nuts. I too like that Flint head the best.